• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk is a motherf*@*ing monster!

NBASupes

13 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

If we dealt Schröder, Dedmon, #19/#30, and the Bulls #7, and we are allegedly keeping Baze, Collins, Prince, what else of any value do we have?  Not to mention we'd be at the cap as I outlined in my post, which means we couldn't take back more on a bad deal beyond those deals.  

randmid_1284153161_riley.jpg

Perhaps I am expecting too much, but I think that Schlenk has enough bargaining chips to finish the night with Bamba, Doncic and Young on the roster......along with Collins and Prince.  

If he does that, then he will have earned the respect of every Atlantan.  

1 minute ago, Flight said:

I don't see why, Trae can be just as good as anyone else. 

Yes, Trae could be just as good.  But right now, perception is truth.  Right now, trading Doncic for Young, a player widely believed to be more flawed, would damage the trust of Hawks fans.  

Regardless of who is kept, the Hawks will lose a lot of games the next two seasons.  The bitterness of losing will be compounded every night, as Luca is featured on ESPN highlights.  

It would be a foolish move.

Just now, ggp said:

Yes, Trae could be just as good.  But right now, perception is truth.  Right now, trading Doncic for Young, a player widely believed to be more flawed, would damage the trust of Hawks fans.  

Regardless of who is kept, the Hawks will lose a lot of games the next two seasons.  The bitterness of losing will be compounded every night, as Luca is featured on ESPN highlights.  

It would be a foolish move.

I think you're overestimating the talent gap here. If anything Trae is even more highlight heavy than Luka is right now. Both their styles of play would significantly impact and offense.

Both players are flawed, if Doncic was THAT much better then the Suns and Kings would be getting a lot more fire for not wanting him at this point. He's not LeBron James, I'm not heartbroken over having one offensively incredible player with defensive questions over the other.

• Premium Member

1 minute ago, Flight said:

I think you're overestimating the talent gap here. If anything Trae is even more highlight heavy than Luka is right now. Both their styles of play would significantly impact and offense.

Both players are flawed, if Doncic was THAT much better then the Suns and Kings would be getting a lot more fire for not wanting him at this point. He's not LeBron James, I'm not heartbroken over having one offensively incredible player with defensive questions over the other.

The thing is that this draft is perfectly set up for the Hawks to make several moves that would culminate in a roster featuring:  Collins, Prince, Bamba, Doncic and Young.  

The deals are there to be made.  Drafting Doncic and then lazily trading him for Young and other assets that stand questionable chances of panning out, is a big gaff.

The Hawks should finish tonight with the above mentioned starting roster.  The team would surely suffer through at least one dismal season, but in two years could be the fastest rising team in the league.