• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Begining to look like Dennis is staying

Peoriabird

Zach Klein said there was a 1000% chance we move Schröder in the next month. I agree with him.

And when we drafted Schröder no one knew if he was the PG of the future. It’s pretty clear Trae is our PG of the future and I’ll be shocked if he’s not starting Day 1. 

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

Per Kevin Arnovitz, Travis Schlenk would do a back flip if he could get off Dennis's contract without including an asset to move him.

This should scare you, because Travis may actually consider attaching an asset just to move him.  It also shows that he does not see Dennis as an asset.  

I would take the bet, but I've already won the bet with sturt.  The bet with hazer is a lead pipe lock for me to win.  I'm going to win the bet with NBA Supes.  I've got to show some mercy on you guys at some point and just quit taking your hopes and dreams from you.  LOL!!

We need a "Bet Tracker" thread, so that an archive of bets can easily be viewed . . and remembered by all.

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Dennis is moved, it would be the clearest indication to me that the Hawks intend on being a top 5 lottery team next season.   Despite what people think, Dennis is a positive for the team, not a negative.   There is no way I'm singling out Dennis for his bad defense, when the entire team sucked defensively.   And the only thing offensively he didn't do well, was shoot the 3 ball.

As high as people are on Taurean Prince these days, he was a FAR worse detriment to the squad last year, than Dennis.  He just gets the benefit out the doubt because 1) he's a 2nd year player . . and 2) he balled out for a 2 week stretch toward the end of the season.   People see "potential" in Taurean, while they don't think that Dennis can get any better ( which isn't true ).

I for one hope the Hawks keep Dennis going into the season.  With Trae being the overwhelmingly biggest boom or bust player in the draft, it would be silly to deal Dennis, and assume that Trae is ready from Day 1.

Exactly 

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Dennis is moved, it would be the clearest indication to me that the Hawks intend on being a top 5 lottery team next season.   Despite what people think, Dennis is a positive for the team, not a negative.   There is no way I'm singling out Dennis for his bad defense, when the entire team sucked defensively.   And the only thing offensively he didn't do well, was shoot the 3 ball.

As high as people are on Taurean Prince these days, he was a FAR worse detriment to the squad last year, than Dennis.  He just gets the benefit out the doubt because 1) he's a 2nd year player . . and 2) he balled out for a 2 week stretch toward the end of the season.   People see "potential" in Taurean, while they don't think that Dennis can get any better ( which isn't true ).

I for one hope the Hawks keep Dennis going into the season.  With Trae being the overwhelmingly biggest boom or bust player in the draft, it would be silly to deal Dennis, and assume that Trae is ready from Day 1.

That's the intent even if Dennis isn't moved.  Dennis isn't good enough to keep the Hawks from having one of the three worst records in the game next year, much less one of the 5 worst records.  

• Moderators
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I hear what  you're saying but Dennis has a track record of being a malcontent and has already commented this offseason on his dissatisfaction with the team direction.    We don't really know the real behind the scenes but if there is an attitude problem there then it isn't worth having him around.   There are jarrett jacks and jameer nelsons all over the place willing to step in for a year to show Trae the ropes.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I hear what  you're saying but Dennis has a track record of being a malcontent and has already commented this offseason on his dissatisfaction with the team direction.    We don't really know the real behind the scenes but if there is an attitude problem there then it isn't worth having him around.   There are jarrett jacks and jameer nelsons all over the place willing to step in for a year to show Trae the ropes.

I would LOVE a Jarrett Jack around Trae. Alphas as tutors only please. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 6/25/2018 at 3:18 PM, DS5 said:

I think the difference is the expectation of each player. Dennis was picked at 17th and was not supposed to be a starter right away on a "winning team." Anyone picked in the top 5 can be reasonably expected to start right away, especially considering the Hawks won't be winning for a while. Might as well give the keys to the top 5 pick early on. Plus, all the other stuff about Dennis not wanting to be here gives caution that he might become a problem in the locker room. 

Been a problem in the lockerroom and on the court.  Dennis is not a role model for Trae?  How could he be?  He doesn't know the offense .  Moreover, as a player, Dennis has been selfish and self absorbed.   AND..  Off the court... Dennis = Role Model???  Please.   This is just high stakes pandering.   He's trying to make the league think that Dennis has value. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Been a problem in the lockerroom and on the court.  Dennis is not a role model for Trae?  How could he be?  He doesn't know the offense .  Moreover, as a player, Dennis has been selfish and self absorbed.   AND..  Off the court... Dennis = Role Model???  Please.   This is just high stakes pandering.   He's trying to make the league think that Dennis has value. 

I am hoping a contender or wanna be contender ( Bud I am talking to you ) will take a flyer on him. There is really no sense in keeping Dennis for the long term with so much invested in Trae.

If not moved by the start of the season, I think he will start to be show cased. I also think Dennis and Trae will be on the court together some; but not for long,

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis is a negative in that he's selfish and would never help develop any player we have.  We have a very young team.  A team that needs developing.  Dennis is not the guy who will do that so he is a negative. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am hoping a contender or wanna be contender ( Bud I am talking to you ) will take a flyer on him. There is really no sense in keeping Dennis for the long term with so much invested in Trae.

If not moved by the start of the season, I think he will start to be show cased. I also think Dennis and Trae will be on the court together some; but not for long,

I suspect that we will have to send Dennis away with either Bembry, Prince, or Collins in order to get a trade to go through. 

I suggested bring Teague back.  Minny is on a course of win now and they have a great PG in the wings who would benefit from more PT and moving Teague will give him more time. 

9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If I were a player who in my first 4 seasons, I played in the playoffs . . and then the franchise decided to blow it all up and start over . . I'd voice my dissatisfaction as well.  Especially when I've just become the "star" of the team.

• Like 2

I’m just of the opinion that we shouldn’t be desperate to move anyone. This team isn’t going to win 30 games even with him here, but it’s an opportunity for a PG in his prime to still “get his”. What’s frustrating is just he will never be a guy that really creates for others as well as he could. He will put his head down and go for the tough lay up instead of using his ability to get anywhere on the floor to open things up for his teammates. That’s just not something likely to improve at this point. However, I don’t think Trae (and I LOVE the pick btw) should be put in a starter role from Day 1 either. It just doesn’t help him IMO. He should be our 6th man this season and maybe earn the job next season. He gets time to work on his game AND be “the guy” when he’s on the court without being worn down. 

• Like 3