• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone excited for FA 2019?

sturt

38 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

isn't atl going to use cap space to get future picks, but that is about it?  i would think it isn't a perfect strategy

I think accumulation of young talent on rookie scale. Then making a splash in free agency is the way to go.  Depending on were we land in the lottery this year, we can make a splash in  FA 2019 -20

If Oklahoma City, OKLAHOMA FRIKN CITY, can attract and keep Paul George and Carmelo Anthony, ATLANTA GA can attract free agents when the time comes in ‘19 and ‘20. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, hazer said:

If Oklahoma City, OKLAHOMA FRIKN CITY, can attract and keep Paul George and Carmelo Anthony, ATLANTA GA can attract free agents when the time comes in ‘19 and ‘20. 

I like the cut of your jib my man. Been saying similar things to myself since the 80’s and 90’s. Players love it for their offseason homes and shoe stores and strip clubs and rap, love it for the Hawks damnit. We got a big city with big dreams! We aren’t going away!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We have to get a superstar period.  Nique is the only superstar in the last 30 years......................30 freakin years!

Big time players want to win and they are not going to a team if it has management issues.  

This is why Im against the tank.  You have to draft a superstar and the last one we got was Stan Kasten getting Nique.  I dont know about you but Im not seeing good stuff out of this jr GM we have.  Dallas just picked up DeAndre Jordan and still looking, so that pick will not be a lottery pick.   

I guess Travis thinks Trae Will be a superstar.....................I sure hope so.  

22 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

We have to get a superstar period.  Nique is the only superstar in the last 30 years......................30 freakin years!

Big time players want to win and they are not going to a team if it has management issues.  

This is why Im against the tank.  You have to draft a superstar and the last one we got was Stan Kasten getting Nique.  I dont know about you but Im not seeing good stuff out of this jr GM we have.  Dallas just picked up DeAndre Jordan and still looking, so that pick will not be a lottery pick.   

I guess Travis thinks Trae Will be a superstar.....................I sure hope so.  

Two different things here. We were winning and still couldn't get one. 30 years like you said. And we had a 60 win team.

And yes, we are a team that had to draft well to get a major star.

Yeah.  This attitude makes sense.  Since we apparently can't bring a star level player in as a free agent, we should just suck so we can draft one, ignoring the fact that we have a lesser chance of drafting one than signing one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hazer said:

Yeah, Oklahoma has so few trees with so many tornadoes and its flat as a pancake so not seeing the intense interest for FAs to sign up. Atlanta has a lot of everything and the coast is four hours away. They live here because of all that so seems like we can sign one or two of them here. Especially if they like run and gun ball.

• Like 2

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, Oklahoma has so few trees with so many tornadoes and its flat as a pancake so not seeing the intense interest for FAs to sign up. Atlanta has a lot of everything and the coast is four hours away. They live here because of all that so seems like we can sign one or two of them here. Especially if they like run and gun ball.

Two things OKC has (that Atl doesn't) is prob the best fan base in the league and a superstar (Westbrook).  That is what attracted George to stay.  The fans were at the airport cheering him on when he arrived the first day he was traded there ... you go to a game and it is so loud ... they love their team.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, hazer said:

SuperStar in Westbrook and a stable Front office.

Let's hope the Hawks are on that path.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Naw, not unless we make a run at Booker.  As long as we don’t sign Cameron Payne I’m good.  If we do I’m out.

Suns are meeting with Booker to talk extension today.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  This attitude makes sense.  Since we apparently can't bring a star level player in as a free agent, we should just suck so we can draft one, ignoring the fact that we have a lesser chance of drafting one than signing one.

What does it say about this team then if they haven't had a superstar in 30 years? Neither FA or the draft.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Naw, not unless we make a run at Booker.  As long as we don’t sign Cameron Payne I’m good.  If we do I’m out.

Instead of signing Booker, why don't we just sign the player he's becoming ... slobMelo?

#OverratedNimberGetterNonWinner

• Like 1

I like hearing that we are interested in Zach Lavine. We would then need to get rid of Dennis and Baze but Zach could play any position from the 1 to the 3 so he can keep the competition to stay on the court stiff, excite the crowd, atleast be a Robin if not Batman for now and make us a very deep team. Trae, LaVine, Prince, Collins, Dedmon, Dorsey, Bembry, Huerter, Spellman, Plumlee/Muscala. We may be young but we would be deep and deadly and I didn't mention the Jaylen's and others that have potential of making the team. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Instead of signing Booker, why don't we just sign the player he's becoming ... slobMelo?

#OverratedNimberGetterNonWinner

I could understand how you couldn’t like Booker.  Hell, I would never care for a player with his advanced defensive metrics.  Comparing him to Melo I cannot.  In 16 seasons Melo has never been close to 5 assists per.  

Booker has an edge to him and I’ve seen him at least try to play D.  25-5-5 SGs don’t grow on trees and usually go on to have illustrious careers.  I usually try not to make excuses for team-leading players but damn son it’s the Suns.  All he knows is tank in his young career and unfortunately it will continue.

If I don’t know nothing else it’s well-rounded 2 guards.  With the way he can run (some) point and rebound on top of dropping 70 Booker is that.

• 2 weeks later...