• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pumped for Trae

volman

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Even your chosen coach agrees with me:

There is also a Navy Seal quote that I like:

This quote is relative to what you do under pressure.  So, under the pressure of a SUMMER LEAGUE game, Trae got tired and gave very little effort at times defensively.  That is unacceptable!  Because if he does that in summer league, there is a good chance he does that in a real game when the pressure is on.  This is a player I like as well.  Lloyd Pierce has to drawn the line from the very beginning and let it be known that lack of effort will not be tolerated.  One of my concerns with Trae was talked about by Sam Vecenie in a podcast with Cole Zwicker the other day.  Sam said in Las Vegas, one of the things he heard from the scouts and nba executives who were there about Trae was that Trae had the attitude that the transition to the NBA was going to be easy for him going through workouts.  I hope Utah was a wake up call for him, because that's an AAU attitude that he needs to leave at the door.

Obsessing over 3 fing summer league games?  Good grief!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Obsessing over 3 fing summer league games?  Good grief!

Hey, if you want them to have a loser's mentality, then be lax on the effort issue.  Allow these young players to pick and choose when they want to play hard.

17 hours ago, KB21 said:

Even your chosen coach agrees with me:

There is also a Navy Seal quote that I like:

This quote is relative to what you do under pressure.  So, under the pressure of a SUMMER LEAGUE game, Trae got tired and gave very little effort at times defensively.  That is unacceptable!  Because if he does that in summer league, there is a good chance he does that in a real game when the pressure is on.  This is a player I like as well.  Lloyd Pierce has to drawn the line from the very beginning and let it be known that lack of effort will not be tolerated.  One of my concerns with Trae was talked about by Sam Vecenie in a podcast with Cole Zwicker the other day.  Sam said in Las Vegas, one of the things he heard from the scouts and nba executives who were there about Trae was that Trae had the attitude that the transition to the NBA was going to be easy for him going through workouts.  I hope Utah was a wake up call for him, because that's an AAU attitude that he needs to leave at the door.

Just to clarify, Young hasn't had time to build that training in any sense with an NBA club.  Summer league is a time to get those bad habits identified so the coaching staff can say, "hey, you better work on this".  That includes conditioning, understanding what the defense and offenses are doing, and all the little things. These guys just got a taste of what the pros look like. Ultimately, its called a rookie learning curve and they are looking straight up at the long climb to the top.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 4:55 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Funny how Trae was the darling on the ncaa on BSPN last year and of course we draft him and they all start hatin. I really hate BSPN and Boston all together I’m sorry he’s not 8th. He just pin this up on his locker. Others is 8% and Trae is 7..GTFO

33 minutes ago, pimp said:

Trae made a split second cameo in the new NBA2k19 trailer.  He’s the only rookie i saw in the video.

Saw that too... ? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Funny how Trae was the darling on the ncaa on BSPN last year and of course we draft him and they all start hatin. I really hate BSPN and Boston all together I’m sorry he’s not 8th. He just pin this up on his locker. Others is 8% and Trae is 7..GTFO

Saw that too... ? 

People are sheep, mayne.  My deadbeat BIL (different from the Heat-fan BIL) showed kg03 some lowlight video of Young that some rando put together after his UTA SL struggles.  He knows my son is a big NBA fan and Hawks fan (because of me) so I guess he was trying to be funny and say the Hawks' rookie sucks.  This guy also told my son that Melo was a superstar.  He tells me son this crap when I'm not around then when my son comes to me to talk bball, I have to reprogram his brain.  It's ridiculous.  When I heard about him showing the lowlight vid I was all ...

steven seagal suspicion

I have to be the adult so I didn't rip the BIL's head off (which was not easy).  I simply educated kg03 so he's good now.

I say that all to say, my BIL is a typical "fan" who doesn't really pay attention.  That's how/why you end up with these ridiculous BSPN lists with guys like Knox ahead of Young for no other reason(s) than ... bwah, he looked good in summer league .. and obtw, he play in the "Mecca".

It's bullcrap but as it plays out I think Rayford will be fine.

Lastly, cool to see Rayf get even a snippet of love on the 2K promo.  The kg's will get it, spud.  How 'bout you?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

People are sheep, mayne.  My deadbeat BIL (different from the Heat-fan BIL) showed kg03 some lowlight video of Young that some rando put together after his UTA SL struggles.  He knows my son is a big NBA fan and Hawks fan (because of me) so I guess he was trying to be funny and say the Hawks' rookie sucks.  This guy also told my son that Melo was a superstar.  He tells me son this crap when I'm not around then when my son comes to me to talk bball, I have to reprogram his brain.  It's ridiculous.  When I heard about him showing the lowlight vid I was all ...

steven seagal suspicion

I have to be the adult so I didn't rip the BIL's head off (which was not easy).  I simply educated kg03 so he's good now.

I say that all to say, my BIL is a typical "fan" who doesn't really pay attention.  That's how/why you end up with these ridiculous BSPN lists with guys like Knox ahead of Young for no other reason(s) than ... bwah, he looked good in summer league .. and obtw, he play in the "Mecca".

It's bullcrap but as it plays out I think Rayford will be fine.

Lastly, cool to see Rayf get even a snippet of love on the 2K promo.  The kg's will get it, spud.  How 'bout you?

Agreed. Knox at the Mecca and Trae at the lowly Hawks. Been that way forever we just have to go on and take care of our biz. Get kg03 outta  there fast! Lol. Oh ya I’ve been getting 2k games since like 2003 or 4 I think. I used to be a live guy for the systems before (nba live 93 and 95 were my favs) but 2k has done a pretty awesome and realistic job for the last decade plus. Plus they got my girl Rachel Demita! She puts Olivia to shame imo. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed. Knox at the Mecca and Trae at the lowly Hawks. Been that way forever we just have to go on and take care of our biz. Get kg03 outta  there fast! Lol. Oh ya I’ve been getting 2k games since like 2003 or 4 I think. I used to be a live guy for the systems before (nba live 93 and 95 were my favs) but 2k has done a pretty awesome and realistic job for the last decade plus. Plus they got my girl Rachel Demita! She puts Olivia to shame imo. 

I come thisclose to murder around that dude.  I'm telling ya.  I'll find a way to squawk from jail though.  Agree Live '95 was great.  It's up there with MVP '05 as the greatest sports video games ever.

And don't even put Olivia in Rachel's class.  O lost me when she went with Alt-Sam.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 8/6/2018 at 6:55 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

This list has some serious SL overreaction built into it.  Just something to put out to get clicks during the deadzone of this year.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:19 AM, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Yup! When ESPN are talking/showing more of his highlights than the person who actually scored the most... that’s the Polarizing player that will bring a few bandwagoners to our team also:biggrin:

I think I made a good investment when I bought my season tickets lol 

guess I am a bandwagoner too. brought my season tickets and can't wait until the games begin.....

• Like 1