• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of people projecting us to finish in last place but I really think 35 wins or more is possible

NBASupes

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Yes we do now; thanks to trading Howard, If we still had Howard, exactly how do we trade for Lin and Melo? That's right we couldn't. The uproar the D12 trade caused last season is very typical of us all. We think our GM is a dumbass and we are so much smarter, When none of us have a clue what Schlenk's future plans are, He said cap flexibility; and because of that flexibility we have made two big deals in a weeks time.

I think he is following his own path.; as you stated enough said.

Not splitting hairs but the $6 million savings on Howard went for Dedmon. If Howard was still here he'd be taking Dedmon's spot so the salary question is neutral....just sayin!

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Not splitting hairs but the $6 million savings on Howard went for Dedmon. If Howard was still here he'd be taking Dedmon's spot so the salary question is neutral....just sayin!

This sounds familiar :good:

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

17 wins - ode to Dennis!!! :mosking:

Well, lets look at In/Out

Out Dennis, Delaney, Magette, Lee, White, Morris, Moose, a bit of Belinelli and Illyasova.

In Young, Lin, Heurter, Spellman, Anderson and 2 as of yet unnamed F/A scrap heaps.

Let's separate it out.  Is Young + Lin better than Dennis + Delaney. I'd argue its a wash. Delaney could be that bad and although Dennis scored, he failed to make others around him better as evidenced by 82games.com.

Heurter vs Morris - unknown but my gut tells me Heurter in a landslide (though minor total team impact)

Spellman vs Moose - Moose can spread the floor but he's a defensive, hustle and rebounding liability. Unknown but at least a wash.

Anderson vs Lee/White/Magette.  I have no qualms saying Anderson > all 3 (again, 0 to minor team impact though).

Illyasova vs 2 unnamed signings. I can comfortably say this is the only place we seem to get worse.  Ersan's impact is much greater than he gets credit for.

Now assuming Bembry is healthy and plays, Dorsey, Prince, Collins all improve over last year (minimal impact). It is safe to assume we will be at least as good as last year, based solely on maturation of Collins, Dorsey, Prince.

Wildcard - How much of an impact did Bud have and injuries?  Bud can coach and his system produced offense (at the expense of defense). We shall see but the one thing keeping us from taking a minor step forward here (imho) are injuries.

The only impact player that left was Dennis. He was replaced with a better passing and defending Lin.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Watchman said:

If we kept Dwight which I thought was the topic here , the melo "trade" would not have taken place. 

30 minutes ago, AHF said:

We could have still made the Melo trade.  Just not Melo and Lin.

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not neccessarily true at all. If Dwight was here, Dedmon probably would not be here, so $7 million saved. Trade Moose $5 mil....the two combined that's the cost of Plumlee's contract. 

Nothing is static, always moving parts.

Here's another scenario....Dwight still on team so no Dedmon. Dwight takes a buyout giving back $5 mil (similar to what he did with Brooklyn). Stretch his salary over 3 years so the cap hit is $6 mil (do Dedmon money)  trade for Lin and still make the same trade for Melo.

I can keep going, but I think you get the idea.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's another scenario....Dwight still on team so no Dedmon. Dwight takes a buyout giving back $5 mil (similar to what he did with Brooklyn). Stretch his salary over 3 years so the cap hit is $6 mil (do Dedmon money)  trade for Lin and still make the same trade for Melo.

I can keep going, but I think you get the idea.

:spank:

8 hours ago, thecampster said:

Not really. You do realize we had Dedmon on board with Beli last season. They had nothing to do with each other.

10 hours ago, AHF said:

We could easily have done the deal for Melo and would have eithe spent 8M on a FA pg or required the Nets to take back some salary. That assumes we actually just cut Howard instead of trading him in a better deal.  Again, I’m done with it.  

Sclenk came through with his best trade today.

I am sure your fantasy trade would work out better.

10 hours ago, AHF said:

We could easily have done the deal for Melo and would have eithe spent 8M on a FA pg or required the Nets to take back some salary. That assumes we actually just cut Howard instead of trading him in a better deal.  Again, I’m done with it.  

Sclenk came through with his best trade today.

16 hours ago, AHF said:

For 6 million in cap space?  We lose $12.5 million in cap space next year as a result of the trade.  It isn't that simple.

I think the little old 6 million in cap came through like a champ this past week; and when we use the Mavs pick we acquired. you will probably be eating your words again on what Schlenk's best trade is.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think the little old 6 million in cap came through like a champ this past week; and when we use the Mavs pick we acquired. you will probably be eating your words again on what Schlenk's best trade is.

I really, really hope you are right.  I would love to see Young >> Doncic and that Dallas pick convey and deliver a star.  The ceiling is there for that to happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I really, really hope you are right.  I would love to see Young >> Doncic and that Dallas pick convey and deliver a star.  The ceiling is there for that to happen.

I don't have any likes available but I tried!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Doncic really, really, really is going to need work on his outside shooting and he's really going to struggle defending his position in the NBA.  30.9% in Euro ball is not going to translate well to the NBA 3 distance, new ball, etc.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

As our young inexperienced players/coach adjust ... it will prob be 15 - 20 wins next season ... most will prob come post all star break

I think Trae will be responsible for a lot of our W/L this year.  I’m not counting on a full season from Lin but with Baze, Prince, Collins and Dedmon we’ve got solid play on the rest of the starting lineup.  Bench of Lin/Young, Dorsey//Huerter, Anderson/Bembry, Spellman/FA, Plumlee/FA, FA should be subpar.  If Trae comes out of gate gang busters we could be much better than projected.  If he struggles the team will be hot garbage most nights.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Doncic really, really, really is going to need work on his outside shooting and he's really going to struggle defending his position in the NBA.  30.9% in Euro ball is not going to translate well to the NBA 3 distance, new ball, etc.

I think he is going to be really good but it is less about him than Young and our future at this point because I only care about Dallas for where our pick will convey.

• Like 1

Just now, hazer said:

I’m sticking with 28 wins and picking 8th ?

Linsanity/Très/Fro

Gaze/Dorsal/The Huert

Printz/Mr. Anderson/Fro

J-Bap/Cal-Omare/TBD

Dedmon Walking/J-Bap/Bumlee

...is a better team than the ‘17-18 squad. And I doubt the directive will be to lose, sit, etc to dive to the bottom like last year. Inexperience by rookies and coach will keep us in the lottery without having to force it. Again: 28 wins, 8th pick.

• Like 1