• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of people projecting us to finish in last place but I really think 35 wins or more is possible

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, StephenHawking said:

Shams Charania or whatever his name is. He is one of the most reliable reporters around the nba

I was referencing the post and links from campster. 

Shams report doesn't give any indication of Dennis' value.

vor 52 Minuten, Diesel sagte:

Nobody wants him. 

We'll be fortunate to get a 2nd round pick for him. 

The League have watched and listened from the mountains. They have watched with disgust as our team have been overseen by a child…who scoffs at sportsmanship, team play, and professionalism.  And now we want to trade this child who could not even win with Millsap and Howard because he would not pass the ball. 

Lmao what a bunch of nonsense

vor 1 Minute, JayBirdHawk sagte:

I was referencing the post and links from campster. 

Shams report doesn't give any indication of Dennis' value.

You mentioned my name that's why

15 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Shams Charania or whatever his name is. He is one of the most reliable reporters around the nba

You are misrepresenting what Charania actually reported ... which was nothing basically.

• Moderators

So everyone agrees Atlanta has been shopping Dennis and the “fake news or not fake news” discussion is around the value or lack thereof the Hawks are willing to take back?

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

So everyone agrees Atlanta has been shopping Dennis and the “fake news or not fake news” discussion is around the value or lack thereof the Hawks are willing to take back?

Nah, we're discussing the merits and pitfalls of tanking ... oh wait, that's every other thread.  My bad. :happy:

Yeah, it seems the Hawks are trying to move him.  Much to the obvious dismay of our German contingent.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, we're discussing the merits and pitfalls of tanking ... oh wait, that's every other thread.  My bad. :happy:

Yeah, it seems the Hawks are trying to move him.  Much to the obvious dismay of our German contingent.

Don't know why his fans would be dismayed when that's what Dennis wants.   

vor 8 Minuten, kg01 sagte:

There is no dismay. Don't construct something that's not there. 

I simply find it confusing how one off season changed the view of the nearly the entire fanbase on Dennis. 

I'm ready to move on because we have Trae now but I don't understand all those blame assignments and shitting on him. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I simply find it confusing how one off season changed the view of the nearly the entire fanbase on Dennis. 

I'm ready to move on because we have Trae now but I don't understand all those blame assignments and shitting on him. 

Some of the negativity is overboard i agree.  But the truth is it isn't the offseason.  It was the season.   The arrest plus the horrible defense and shooting when he had a chance to show out.  It really was the defense that disturbed me because it seemed like lack of effort.  

But the truth is that players can only do what they can do.   It wasn't a good situation for Dennis to thrive.   I think this season will be a worse situation than last but  you never know.   

• Like 1

• Moderators

Essentially he said the Hawks value Dennis higher than the offerings do. That means there's a market. Please elaborate what I misinterpretated 

There is a market for everyone.  There is a market for Plumlee if we attach some picks to him even though he is the definition of a high paid, low impact player.  To me, the key issue is whether we want to shop him (the answer seems to be a definite "yes") and, if so, what we are willing to take.  The range of offers go from "I'll take your bad contract and give you cash and picks" to "you give me cap relief, cash and picks."  There is an ocean of room in between where the parties need to meet at a point for a trade to happen.

• Like 2

Just now, AHF said:

There is a market for everyone.  There is a market for Plumlee if we attach some picks to him even though he is the definition of a high paid, low impact player.  To me, the key issue is whether we want to shop him (the answer seems to be a definite "yes") and, if so, what we are willing to take.  The range of offers go from "I'll take your bad contract and give you cash and picks" to "you give me cap relief, cash and picks."  There is an ocean of room in between where the parties need to meet at a point for a trade to happen.

Something tells me that Ressler isn't quite as gung ho about taking on long term bad money in exchange for assets as the front office is.  The opportunity to do so has been there, and they haven't done it.  I think Ressler sees an opportunity to control the costs of the team while they are bad, and I think this is also why the front office has been trying to move Bazemore in a salary dump.

vor 6 Minuten, AHF sagte:

You're right about that.

My personal opinion is that the fo wouldn't deal him for a bad contract and a second. They probably want either a first attached or a player with some value at least

vor 12 Minuten, macdaddy sagte:

Some of the negativity is overboard i agree.  But the truth is it isn't the offseason.  It was the season.   The arrest plus the horrible defense and shooting when he had a chance to show out.  It really was the defense that disturbed me because it seemed like lack of effort.  

But the truth is that players can only do what they can do.   It wasn't a good situation for Dennis to thrive.   I think this season will be a worse situation than last but  you never know.   

I actually was disappointed in him last season too. I partially blame the situation for it as you do too. However I think he'll do better this season. I'm quite sure he gon play with fierce again, eager to get his value back up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

You presume I was talking about you.  I wasn't.

16 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

Essentially he said the Hawks value Dennis higher than the offerings do. That means there's a market. Please elaborate what I misinterpretated 

As @AHF said, there's a 'market' for everyone.  If that "market" requires us to attach good assets then, in our tanking scenario, that's no market at all.

You positioned your comments as if there are good offers for Dennis and the Hawks are just choosing not to take them.  I think most of us are saying a Dennis trade right now would likely require us to participate in a trade that's not advantageous to the Hawks.

IOW, effectively, there is no market for Dennis right now.

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eggsactly.

• Premium Member

I actually was disappointed in him last season too. I partially blame the situation for it as you do too. However I think he'll do better this season. I'm quite sure he gon play with fierce again, eager to get his value back up.

I agree, his effort on defense was non-existent. The 3 point shot is hit or miss.

But Dennis was given the green light with a bunch of rag tag teammates, what we've realized is he can't be the best player. Too much of the offense fell to him to initiate and score. There was no other capable ball handler to alleviate some if that burden.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Exactly.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's not out of the realm of possibility that having a team full of guys that can make plays and shoot helps Dennis to thrive too.  If they feel like he will remain positive then he might can rehab his value before the trade deadline.   PGs are just hard to move at the deadline IMO.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree, his effort on defense was non-existent. The 3 point shot is hit or miss.

But Dennis was given the green light with a bunch of rag tag teammates, what we've realized is he can't be the best player. Too much of the offense fell to him to initiate and score. There was no other capable ball handler to alleviate some if that burden.

For his career, it has been more miss than hit, though.  He is sitting at 32% for his career and his last 3 seasons haven't been much better than that - 32%, 34%, 29%.  Even 34% isn't good.