• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of people projecting us to finish in last place but I really think 35 wins or more is possible

NBASupes

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

There really is no issue in my opinion.

I get that.  When you only talk about Dwight not having value, though, and then fail to mention that we got back toxic assets and gave up draft position it doesn't really present a holistic picture of what people are debating.  It isn't like Plumlee wouldn't get cut by a lot of teams, for example, so the mere fact that Dwight got cut doesn't really say it all.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I get that.  When you only talk about Dwight not having value, though, and then fail to mention that we got back toxic assets and gave up draft position it doesn't really present a holistic picture of what people are debating.  It isn't like Plumlee wouldn't get cut by a lot of teams, for example, so the mere fact that Dwight got cut doesn't really say it all.

I don't see Plumlee as toxic compared to Dwight and we pulled in Beli's expiring. I hated it at first because I am a homer and wanted to keep Dwight. He was ours and I way over valued him. My holistic view is the cap space we saved this year was worth the deal,

Plumlee has not been cut; Dwight has, Your holistic view as usual involves fantasy game what ifs. Mine just looks at what has happened.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I don't see Plumlee as toxic compared to Dwight and we pulled in Beli's expiring. I hated it at first because I am a homer and wanted to keep Dwight. He was ours and I way over valued him. My holistic view is the cap space we saved this year was worth the deal,

Plumlee has not been cut; Dwight has, Your holistic view as usual involves fantasy game what ifs. Mine just looks at what has happened.

We didn't cut Dwight either.  Why would we have cut either of them?  

I also like how anything other than what actually happened is now "a fantasy game of what ifs."  By definition, any alternative to what actually happened didn't happen.  If you only look at what happened, it is literally impossible to criticize or praise any trade because you aren't willing to look at potential alternatives.  "That Danny Manning trade looks fine to me.  Anyone claiming that there was any possible solution to Nique's contract demands better than getting Danny Manning and ending up with the #1 seed in the East is engaging in fantasy game what ifs.  All I'm willing to deal with is what actually happened not what might have been better or worse."

41 minutes ago, AHF said:

We didn't cut Dwight either.  Why would we have cut either of them?  

I also like how anything other than what actually happened is now "a fantasy game of what ifs."  By definition, any alternative to what actually happened didn't happen.  If you only look at what happened, it is literally impossible to criticize or praise any trade because you aren't willing to look at potential alternatives.  "That Danny Manning trade looks fine to me.  Anyone claiming that there was any possible solution to Nique's contract demands better than getting Danny Manning and ending up with the #1 seed in the East is engaging in fantasy game what ifs.  All I'm willing to deal with is what actually happened not what might have been better or worse."

It is not impossible. If Dwight would have been the all defensive player he was when he was in Orlando; which is what we and Charlotte were hoping for, I would be hating the trade. Instead he was the same locker room pouting headache in Charlotte that he was reported to be with Houston and with us.

I think dumping the pouting locker room cancer for 6 million in cap space was worth it. That is what happened. Travis knew what he was doing and it is apparent by what his other teams did in my opinion. Houston did not want him back, Charlotte dumped him, and the Nets bought him out. What else is there to debate?

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It is not impossible. If Dwight would have been the all defensive player he was when he was in Orlando; which is what we and Charlotte were hoping for, I would be hating the trade. Instead he was the same locker room pouting headache in Charlotte that he was reported to be with Houston and with us.

I think dumping the pouting locker room cancer for 6 million in cap space was worth it. That is what happened. Travis knew what he was doing and it is apparent by what his other teams did in my opinion. Houston did not want him back, Charlotte dumped him, and the Nets bought him out. What else is there to debate?

For 6 million in cap space?  We lose $12.5 million in cap space next year as a result of the trade.  It isn't that simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

For 6 million in cap space?  We lose $12.5 million in cap space next year as a result of the trade.  It isn't that simple.

It is to me because long term Howard is not here to screw up our locker room full of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players. Then Plumllee who is not a bad influence by any reports I see comes off our books.

Your whole problem is you think a headache like Howard is worth keeping on the team. I think Houston, Us ( Hawks ), Charlotte, and Brooklyn have thoroughly shown you he is not. He is a sale at all cost and pray you can find a buyer.

And if want to say he had better value, I say you are on the extreme end of any spectrum as is proof of what his last four teams have done with him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It is to me because long term Howard is not here to screw up our locker room full of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year players. Then Plumllee who is not a bad influence by any reports I see comes off our books.

Your whole problem is you think a headache like Howard is worth keeping on the team. I think Houston, Us ( Hawks ), Charlotte, and Brooklyn have thoroughly shown you he is not. He is a sale at all cost and pray you can find a buyer.

And if want to say he had better value, I say you are on the extreme end of any spectrum as is proof of what his last four teams have done with him.

The question is not about whether we wanted to keep Howard.  It is about whether we optimized the trade value in the deal for him by taking on more future salary and giving up draft slot.  After Houston, Atlanta was chomping at the bit to sign him and it only takes one team.  We paid someone to take him a year later. 

I agree that Howard wasn't worth keeping.  We could have simply cut him, had a better second round pick and had $12.5M better cap situation next year.  No Marco (who netted us nothing) and ~$6M worse cap situation this season.  (I view our cap space as more valuable next season when we might actually want to spend).

I'm over it at this point, though.  Don't care to expend any more time or energy on Howard or his deal.  We've got bigger, fresher fish to fry.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm over it at this point, though.  Don't care to expend any more time or energy on Howard or his deal.  We've got bigger, fresher fish to fry.

Yes we do now; thanks to trading Howard, If we still had Howard, exactly how do we trade for Lin and Melo? That's right we couldn't. The uproar the D12 trade caused last season is very typical of us all. We think our GM is a dumbass and we are so much smarter, When none of us have a clue what Schlenk's future plans are, He said cap flexibility; and because of that flexibility we have made two big deals in a weeks time.

I think he is following his own path.; as you stated enough said.

• Like 1

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Yes we do now; thanks to trading Howard, If we still had Howard, exactly how do we trade for Lin and Melo? That's right we couldn't. The uproar the D12 trade caused last season is very typical of us all. We think our GM is a dumbass and we are so much smarter, When none of us have a clue what Schlenk's future plans are, He said cap flexibility; and because of that flexibility we have made two big deals in a weeks time.

We could easily have done the deal for Melo and would have eithe spent 8M on a FA pg or required the Nets to take back some salary. That assumes we actually just cut Howard instead of trading him in a better deal.  Again, I’m done with it.  

Sclenk came through with his best trade today.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Why would we trade for melo just to buy him out?  

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

If we kept Dwight which I thought was the topic here , the melo "trade" would not have taken place. 

We could have still made the Melo trade.  Just not Melo and Lin.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

If we kept Dwight which I thought was the topic here , the melo "trade" would not have taken place. 

Not neccessarily true at all. If Dwight was here, Dedmon probably would not be here, so $7 million saved. Trade Moose $5 mil....the two combined that's the cost of Plumlee's contract. 

Nothing is static, always moving parts.

• Like 1