• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of people projecting us to finish in last place but I really think 35 wins or more is possible

NBASupes

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't Larry Drew take his team to the playoffs as a rookie coach?  Bud did the same thing as a rookie coach right? 

Yes I think he did.   Just a personal opinion but I I'm not to impressed with Pierce, hope he proves me wrong.  

I dont blame Bud for wanting to leave a rebuilding situation and I believe Pierce is a cheap stop gap replacement.  

11 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Yes I think he did.   Just a personal opinion but I I'm not to impressed with Pierce, hope he proves me wrong.  

I dont blame Bud for wanting to leave a rebuilding situation and I believe Pierce is a cheap stop gap replacement.  

Bud would have been fine with it if this was just a rebuild, but this isn't just a rebuild.  This is a long term tank.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

How was a rebuild possible after the poor job Bud did as a president 

I'm with you here.  People act like Buttz was justified in walking away from the tear-down.

Well .. a tear-down was necessary because of the poor job he did as President.  To me, he basically lit a match and threw it in on the couch.  Then ran once it was time to put out the resulting 5-alarm fire.

• Like 4

Just now, kg01 said:

I'm with you here.  People act like Buttz was justified in walking away from the tear-down.

Well .. a tear-down was necessary because of the poor job he did as President.  To me, he basically lit a match and threw it in on the couch.  Then ran once it was time to put out the resulting 5-alarm fire.

Tanking is never necessary.  The Hawks could have rebuilt without bottoming out and committing to establishing a losing culture and multiple years of losing.

Just now, kg01 said:

Is this from personal experience or was it in the biography of @macdaddy

Just now, KB21 said:

Tanking is never necessary.  The Hawks could have rebuilt without bottoming out and committing to establishing a losing culture and multiple years of losing.

That’s a bunch of BS because WE CANT ATTRACT FREE AGENTS AND NEVER HAVE...just the fact that you ignore this makes me think you haven’t been around long enough.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Is this from personal experience or was it in the biography of @macdaddy

That’s a bunch of BS because WE CANT ATTRACT FREE AGENTS AND NEVER HAVE...just the fact that you ignore this makes me think you haven’t been around long enough.

The Hawks signed Dikembe Mutombo, Joe Johnson, and Paul Millsap all as free agents, so that dismisses the idea that the Hawks can't attract free agents.

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Hawks signed Dikembe Mutombo, Joe Johnson, and Paul Millsap all as free agents, so that dismisses the idea that the Hawks can't attract free agents.

Deke was the only big fish. ☝️ in about 40 years. Millsap nobody wanted at the time and jj was disgruntled sign n trade he didn’t care where he went just not suns.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bud certainly deserves a lot of blame but it was a super dysfunctional organization and Bud wasn't calling all the shots.  

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Deke was the only big fish. ☝️ in about 40 years. Millsap nobody wanted at the time and jj was disgruntled sign n trade he didn’t care where he went just not suns.

....and?

The fact is, they were signed.  Dikembe was the best defensive center in the NBA at that time.  Joe was an up and coming talent who was very good for Atlanta.  Paul Millsap became the 2nd best power forward in the NBA in Atlanta.  

• Like 1

How many years have the Hawks actually positioned themselves to be a good free agent destination? Big free agents don't move that often (primarily because there aren't that many available) but at this point I think we could bring someone major starting in 2020 if our picks pan out. Our ownership doesn't have a bad reputation yet.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

....and?

The fact is, they were signed.  Dikembe was the best defensive center in the NBA at that time.  Joe was an up and coming talent who was very good for Atlanta.  Paul Millsap became the 2nd best power forward in the NBA in Atlanta.  

Didn't we get Dikembe because we failed at getting Shaq?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

How many years have the Hawks actually positioned themselves to be a good free agent destination? Big free agents don't move that often (primarily because there aren't that many available) but at this point I think we could bring someone major starting in 2020 if our picks pan out. Our ownership doesn't have a bad reputation yet.

Oh, you mean like Philadelphia is a free agent destination now?  Oh, wait.  Their free agent signing would rather stay in Europe than play for Philly.

Oh, you mean like Philadelphia is a free agent destination now?  Oh, wait.  Their free agent signing would rather stay in Europe than play for Philly.

I don't think Bjelica (if that's how you spell it) will make or break their season. That Colangelo nonsense messed them up this offseason. But I take your point.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think Bud did a good job.  He had nothing to do with the tear down.  He is a coach that wants to win.  I doubt not one head coach would have taken this job after the owner and GM lit a match to the roster. 

10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think Bud did a good job.  He had nothing to do with the tear down.  He is a coach that wants to win.  I doubt not one head coach would have taken this job after the owner and GM lit a match to the roster. 

Why were we in the position of having to light that match?

.... could it have been because of the horrible job done by the President of Basketball Ops.?

He did a good job?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

....and?

Ur sugar coating shit because you weren’t there at the time imo. And now ur just googling a bunch of things. So ur wrong. The end.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ur sugar coating shit because you weren’t there at the time imo. And now ur just googling a bunch of things. So ur wrong. The end.

I wasn't there at the time?

I've been on this board ever since it's inception, when it was sturt's board, and I've followed the Hawks since the '80s.