• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A lot of people projecting us to finish in last place but I really think 35 wins or more is possible

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Why were we in the position of having to light that match?

.... could it have been because of the horrible job done by the President of Basketball Ops.?

He did a good job?

Your finding out what bad is soon................................

On 7/17/2018 at 10:01 AM, Vol4ever said:

Yes I think he did.   Just a personal opinion but I I'm not to impressed with Pierce, hope he proves me wrong.  

I dont blame Bud for wanting to leave a rebuilding situation and I believe Pierce is a cheap stop gap replacement.  

"Pierce is a cheap stop gap replacement" what is this based on?  He is a long-time assistant coach getting his first opportunity to be a head coach, same as Bud.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

The trade back for Trae Young.

It’s too early to tell. But I feel like years from now this is going to look like sheer genius on Schlenk’s part. Possibly the turning point of the franchise. 

• Like 4

Just now, hazer said:

It’s too early to tell. But I feel like years from now this is going to look like sheer genius on Schlenk’s part. Possibly the turning point of the franchise. 

Especially when My-Name-Is-Luka is just a fringe All Star, Ice Très is All NBA, and that Dallas pick we stole ends up a fringe All Star himself ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hazer said:

I'll drink to that, starting about ten hours from now that is. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have some questions about CLP but for someone calling him a 'cheap stop gap' or whatever is just an under-informed opinion IMHO.  I mean, let the dude coach a season before we decide he's awful.  The agenda-ing on this site gets out of control.

So what you are saying is some know a bust when they see one, even though they have never seen Pierce coach a NBA game.

I agree and it is very typical of a lot of fanatics,

• Like 1

vor 10 Stunden, Vol4ever sagte:

How can you say that?  Show me one deal he has won?

In hindsight the Dwight Howard deal was better than what the Hornets got out of him. Drafting John Collins was the right move. The jury is out on this years prospects and what will happen with Dennis remains to be seen but for now he did good. 

I can't really think of a bad move so far honestly 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

In hindsight the Dwight Howard deal was better than what the Hornets got out of him. Drafting John Collins was the right move. The jury is out on this years prospects and what will happen with Dennis remains to be seen but for now he did good. 

I can't really think of a bad move so far honestly 

I agree. Some fans thing D12 was/is worth something, Charlotte fans were all hyped to get him. We were hyped to get him. Schlenk determined no one should be hyped to get him and made the right move,

Charlotte dumping him the following year and Brooklyn buying him out before he played a game. How much proof do the Schlenk haters need?

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I agree. Some fans thing D12 was/is worth something, Charlotte fans were all hyped to get him. We were hyped to get him. Schlenk determined no one should be hyped to get him and made the right move,

Charlotte dumping him the following year and Brooklyn buying him out before he played a game. How much proof do the Schlenk haters need?

The issue is we actually worsened our picks while taking on long-term even more useless salary with Plumlee.  I'm not a fan of that deal but like someone else said it isn't a big deal in the longterm.  Would be more excited had we been able to take KB's favorite Jordan Bell with our second rounder instead of trading down.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:

"Pierce is a cheap stop gap replacement" what is this based on?  He is a long-time assistant coach getting his first opportunity to be a head coach, same as Bud.  

Long time?  Those three years as an actual bench coach is considered to be a long time?

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

The issue is we actually worsened our picks while taking on long-term even more useless salary with Plumlee.  I'm not a fan of that deal but like someone else said it isn't a big deal in the longterm.  Would be more excited had we been able to take KB's favorite Jordan Bell with our second rounder instead of trading down.

I was high on Jordan Bell, but when the Hawks took John Collins, my target was actually Juwan Evans.  

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I was high on Jordan Bell, but when the Hawks took John Collins, my target was actually Juwan Evans.  

Same issue - both were available with our original pick and neither was available after trading down.  It is weird to me that we have now gone two consecutive years giving away high picks in the second round for lower ones.  Not sure if there is some philosophy behind that (presumably that being high in the second round isn't really better than the being in the middle of the second round) or if it is coincidence (needed to do it to unload Howard and then we 3 first round picks and the #30 anyway and didn't want that many rookies).

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

There really is no issue in my opinion.