• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What should it be called then? Gossip? Because that's all it is. All the gossip about Dedmon opting out and it didn't happened, all the gossip about trading Dedmon and it didn't happen, all the gossip about draft trades... us taking bad contracts for picks didn't happened...All the gossip about taking on taking bad contracts for future picks after the draft didn't happened. All the trade gossip about Schröder and Baze hasn't happened., all the gossip about Schlenk gutting the team to ensure losing hasn't happened...When are y'all gonna get tired of doing this?

Maybe when people stop reading and responding to it. Whether it is a positive response in favor of or like yours against. I stopped letting a certain poster bait into another tank high jack by ignoring him; you should probably do the same if this topic bothers you so much.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe when people stop reading and responding to it. Whether it is a positive response in favor of or like yours against. I stopped letting a certain poster bait into another tank high jack by ignoring him; you should probably do the same if this topic bothers you so much.

Actually I do ignore most threads but this baby is already 9 pages long and there is very little reporting on it.  I even looked at the OKC website and paper and couldn't find any mention of it.. Espn had nothing but guess who comes out of the woodwork to do an entire podcast on it? you guessed it, Brad Rowland. Appears to be agenda driven to me.  Just saying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

This is a rumor.  It is smoke, not fire.  We'll see if anything actually happens.

(As an aside, on a personal level I wish loaded terms like "Fake News" or "Alternative Facts" or other things that have been so abused as to have lost their plain meaning weren't so commonly used right now.  Just obscures the actual conversation.)

Yep. "Fake news" usually means its true...lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Actually I do ignore most threads but this baby is already 9 pages long and there is very little reporting on it.  I even looked at the OKC website and paper and could find any mention of it.. Espn had nothing but guess who comes out of the woodwork to do an entire podcast on it? you guest it, Brad Rowland. Appears to be agenda driven to me.  Just saying.

Yeah.  I'm sure Brad got Mitch Lawrence, a seasoned NBA reporter who is on NBA Radio, to put that rumor out there with no basis whatsoever.

Dennis's fate was sealed on draft night when they drafted Trae Young.  And if that wasn't enough, they went out and got Jeremy Lin, who is a better overall player than Dennis and better mentor for Young

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I used to use those terms jokingly but, after seeing the overuse happening, decided to never utter them phrases ever again in life.

Maybe you shouldn'tve went over there with your wang hanging out.

With my what now... wait ..

0:41

• Like 3

Just to add some fuel to the smoke and almost fire, I just checked and, for what it's worth, the AJC has this same rumor covered.  Not that it proves anything, but it's out there.  Hawks are holding out for an asset seems to be why it hasn't already happened.

So much smoke.  Somewhere, there must be a small flicker of fire.  Guess we will wait and see if anything happens.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

:approved:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Just to add some fuel to the smoke and almost fire, I just checked and, for what it's worth, the AJC has this same rumor covered.  Not that it proves anything, but it's out there.  Hawks are holding out for an asset seems to be why it hasn't already happened.

So much smoke.  Somewhere, there must be a small flicker of fire.  Guess we will wait and see if anything happens.  Maybe.  Maybe not.

:approved:

Its coming from the Atlanta media!  They all report the same garbage!

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

wonder why ESPN/Woj hasn't said a word about it but reports on everything else regarding Mello?

That will come soon.  The Hawks just waived Jaylen Morris, which helps create some salary room for a deal like this to happen.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

What should it be called then? Gossip? Because that's all it is. All the gossip about Dedmon opting out and it didn't happened, all the gossip about trading Dedmon and it didn't happen, all the gossip about draft trades... us taking bad contracts for picks didn't happened...All the gossip about taking on taking bad contracts for future picks after the draft didn't happened. All the trade gossip about Schröder and Baze hasn't happened., all the gossip about Schlenk gutting the team to ensure losing hasn't happened...When are y'all gonna get tired of doing this?

There are all kinds of rumors that flow throughout the NBA news cycle.  Some of them prove true.  We heard rumors that Bud was going to bail and then sure enough there he was pulling the rip cord.  There were rumors that the Hawks were focusing on Doncic in the draft.  Turned out to be wrong.  There were also rumors that the Hawks had zeroed in on Young as their target.  Those turned out to be completely right.  On the trade front, rumors can be 100% true even if the trade never happens.  For example, if the Hawks in fact tried to unload Baze in the Dallas trade then the fact that the deal didn't happen doesn't make rumors that the Hawks were talking about it less true.  

Reports like this need to be taken with a grain of salt -- especially because GMs have very real incentives to get reports with false information leaked to the press -- but they also shouldn't be completely dismissed, IMO.  Too many of them end up with flames in addition to smoke - like the Leonard / DeRozan rumors this week.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, AHF said:

There are all kinds of rumors that flow throughout the NBA news cycle.  Some of them prove true.  We heard rumors that Bud was going to bail and then sure enough there he was pulling the rip cord.  There were rumors that the Hawks were focusing on Doncic in the draft.  Turned out to be wrong.  There were also rumors that the Hawks had zeroed in on Young as their target.  Those turned out to be completely right.  On the trade front, rumors can be 100% true even if the trade never happens.  For example, if the Hawks in fact tried to unload Baze in the Dallas trade then the fact that the deal didn't happen doesn't make rumors that the Hawks were talking about it less true.  

The true rumors above like the Hawk's interest in Trae was reported by news outlets other than the AJC.  If you think the AJC and Brad Rowland will ever offer breaking news before other more diligent news outlet therefore compelling you to spread their rumors, God Bless you!

That will come soon.  The Hawks just waived Jaylen Morris, which helps create some salary room for a deal like this to happen.

That's what I initially thought when they announced the waiver but we didn't really need to make any moves to make room for Melo if we're sending out Dennis and Moose. I think the holdup has more to do with the fact that OKC is looking for a 3rd team for Dennis.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, KB21 said:

More of the same...This makes no sense!  We didn't need to move Morris!  But it fits your narrative.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The true rumors above like the Hawk's interest in Trae was reported by news outlets other than the AJC.  If you think the AJC and Brad Rowland will ever offer breaking news before other more diligent news outlet therefore you want to spread their rumors, God Bless you!

This was first reported by Mitch Lawrence of the Sporting News, right?

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If OKC could find another team for Dennis, Why wouldn't Hawks contact those same team?  Y'all making no sense!

Because OKC may want what the other team was willing to offer for Dennis, but we were not.