• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

Just now, kg01 said:

Have any of you weirdos posted this ...

This spells trouble IMHO.  I imagine a 3rd team would be looking for an asset to take on Dennis.

Slink might be finna ship out one of our 1sts. :argh:

Already mentioned it in a composite post and no, the exact opposite. The Thunder are looking for someone to send them a shooting guard (they are planning to keep moose and bad salary is okay (to an extent)) and for them to include an asset to pass on. Knicks, Magic, Bulls among possible trade partners. 

The general consensus among OKC fans is that Dennis is a huge upgrade to their bench and they'd be willing to keep him. One fan suggested they just take Dennis and Baze for Melo and Singler and be done with it. They'd have Baze slide into the starter SG role and Dennis come off the bench as the 25 mpg 6th man.  They would see that trade as a big win for them but the hangup is Atlanta wants compensation for taking Melo.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Have any of you weirdos posted this ...

This spells trouble IMHO.  I imagine a 3rd team would be looking for an asset to take on Dennis.

Slink might be finna ship out one of our 1sts. :argh:

That's stupid. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Already mentioned it in a composite post and no, the exact opposite. The Thunder are looking for someone to send them a shooting guard (they are planning to keep moose and bad salary is okay (to an extent)) and for them to include an asset to pass on. Knicks, Magic, Bulls among possible trade partners. 

Interesting.  Where's all this from?  Not doubting you, I just want to read more.

If they're looking for a 2 too (hehe, tutu), ORL is a good match considering they seem to be down on Fournier.  To me, sending Baze out in this deal is a little too much of a culture-drain.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

That's stupid. 

Haha.  Would you be surprised?  This is Slink we talkin' 'bout.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Interesting.  Where's all this from?  Not doubting you, I just want to read more.

If they're looking for a 2 too (hehe, tutu), ORL is a good match considering they seem to be down on Fournier.  To me, sending Baze out in this deal is a little too much of a culture-drain.

Haha.  Would you be surprised?  This is Slink we talkin' 'bout.

Fan sites like this one mostly.

Sounds like my Melo trade from a few weeks ago.  Melo plus asset for Baze and Moose. Hawks buy out Melo, OKC gets two players that actially fill a need and saves a  little luxury tax for OKC.

Bulls make the most sense as a 3rd team.

Can save OKC 3 million dollars 

Get Payne back with Westbrook 

Fallico and Dennis got the same length on their deals.

Thunder would save a lot of money overtime. 

Backup PG is a massive need for the Bulls. 

Fallico wont get any PT with Carter Jr and Lopez in front of him

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Here we go again with the wild speculations just like the week of the draft and none of it happened.  Why does this site love to speculate about Fake News?

I am not really feeling this but if the Kings use up a good portion of their cap on Nemanja, the list of teams that can eat at least 2/3s of Melp's contract will be down to none.

I really cannot believe the Kings and OKC have not been able to do something, They have two contracts in the perfect range with Koufos and Shumpert,

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Here we go again with the wild speculations just like the week of the draft and none of it happened.  Why does this site love to speculate about Fake News?

Because that’s what this site and this particular thread is for. To discuss rumors. No one said anything is set in stone ....if you hate to read the comments about a rumor or what others are speculating about you’re free to ignore and not reply to this thread. 

We have other threads on this site of deals that has already taken place, since you seem to only want to talk about what has already happened.

but the truth is you’re all butt hurt about the possibility of losing Dennis. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I agree with you leading up  to the draft and even after the draft when there wasn't anything other than speculation.  This "feels" different though.  It's more specific and being cited by multiple people.  Doesn't mean a deal will happen, but I'm skeptical that someone has just made up the specifics of this trade and reported it if it was fake news.  

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

The general consensus among OKC fans is that Dennis is a huge upgrade to their bench and they'd be willing to keep him. One fan suggested they just take Dennis and Baze for Melo and Singler and be done with it. They'd have Baze slide into the starter SG role and Dennis come off the bench as the 25 mpg 6th man.  They would see that trade as a big win for them but the hangup is Atlanta wants compensation for taking Melo.

I can't imagine Dennis playing even 20mpg on the Thunder. Putting him on the floor with Westbrook would in all likelihood be a disaster. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Fine but if we [emoji568] Dennis to the Magic im not the Hawks rep going over to their realgm board...they were just not very nice.

Fine I’ll go over there and take the hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

(As an aside, on a personal level I wish loaded terms like "Fake News" or "Alternative Facts" or other things that have been so abused as to have lost their plain meaning weren't so commonly used right now.  Just obscures the actual conversation.)

I used to use those terms jokingly but, after seeing the overuse happening, decided to never utter them phrases ever again in life.

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Fine but if we ? Dennis to the Magic im not the Hawks rep going over to their realgm board...they were just not very nice.

Maybe you shouldn'tve went over there with your wang hanging out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

This is a rumor.  It is smoke, not fire.  We'll see if anything actually happens.

(As an aside, on a personal level I wish loaded terms like "Fake News" or "Alternative Facts" or other things that have been so abused as to have lost their plain meaning weren't so commonly used right now.  Just obscures the actual conversation.)

What should it be called then? Gossip? Because that's all it is. All the gossip about Dedmon opting out and it didn't happened, all the gossip about trading Dedmon and it didn't happen, all the gossip about draft trades... us taking bad contracts for picks didn't happened...All the gossip about taking on taking bad contracts for future picks after the draft didn't happened. All the trade gossip about Schröder and Baze hasn't happened., all the gossip about Schlenk gutting the team to ensure losing hasn't happened...When are y'all gonna get tired of doing this?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What should it be called then? Gossip? Because that's all it is. All the gossip about Dedmon opting out and it didn't happened, all the gossip about trading Dedmon and it didn't happen, all the gossip about draft trades... us taking bad contracts for picks didn't happened...All the gossip about taking on taking bad contracts for future picks after the draft didn't happened. All the trade gossip about Schröder and Baze hasn't happened., all the gossip about Schlenk gutting the team to ensure losing hasn't happened...When are y'all gonna get tired of doing this?

source.gif

• Like 1