• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

I still find it funny that people think taking 3 years of bad contract and turning into 1 is a terrible deal.  This gives you so much freedom to work with starting next year compared to 3 years down the road.   If anything we almost should give them a pick not them giving us one.  If we get any asset back in this it's a great deal for us.  Hawks fans are the only group that thinks we would be losing this trade as everyone else thinks the thunder would be dumb to do it and willingly take on a bad contract in dennis for 3 years while thinking we are the ones who should be adding a pick.   Thunder fans are about to have a dang hissy fit not wanting this to happen.  

If we can pull  Dennis + Moose  for Anthony and 2023 1st you take that deal and run with it.    We could do so much with 25 mil in cap space next year be it a max contract for someone or taking on 1 year bad contract for another 1st round pick.  Instead of having a upset dennis making situations worse.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

If we can pull  Dennis + Moose  for Anthony and 2023 1st you take that deal and run with it.    

That deal would be a no-brainer.  The harder decision is whether to do it if OKC won't give a pick.

• Like 3

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You could have fooled me with the way you guys support another topic as a strategy.

And we could post a handful of links on whether or not that topic of strategy works, but I'll thwart the thread jack for now.  Pics or it didn't happen!

I cannot tell who needs to get this done worse if true. OKC with their luxury tax or us. I guess we really do not want to have Dennis on the roster to start the season if this is true. I did not see it as that bad.

Just wish they'd have aggressively pursued this move before picking up Lin unless they were afraid Brooklyn would have done something else to help clear space for their trade.

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

This is probably the most inept franchise in sports.

Lmao...there are more than a few in contention.  That was a good laugh.

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

This is probably the most inept franchise in sports.

It's near the top of the least. Especially if you go back over the last 30 years with all the failed trades, the inability to keep players, the poor management, poor ownership and getting little value in trades. Whenever you're always losing or trading key players for little to no value there is a problem somewhere. If you think Schlenk doing a good job... Well, I feel sorry for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, falconfan13 said:

I still find it funny that people think taking 3 years of bad contract and turning into 1 is a terrible deal.  This gives you so much freedom to work with starting next year compared to 3 years down the road.   If anything we almost should give them a pick not them giving us one.  If we get any asset back in this it's a great deal for us.  Hawks fans are the only group that thinks we would be losing this trade as everyone else thinks the thunder would be dumb to do it and willingly take on a bad contract in dennis for 3 years while thinking we are the ones who should be adding a pick.   Thunder fans are about to have a dang hissy fit not wanting this to happen.  

If we can pull  Dennis + Moose  for Anthony and 2023 1st you take that deal and run with it.    We could do so much with 25 mil in cap space next year be it a max contract for someone or taking on 1 year bad contract for another 1st round pick.  Instead of having a upset dennis making situations worse.

It might be a good thing if star free agents actually wanted to come here.  That doesn't happen here.  Cap space is meaningless for this team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
It might be a good thing if star free agents actually wanted to come here.  That doesn't happen here.  Cap space is meaningless for this team.

Cap space is more meaningless for a team which has a veteran core which isn’t capable of taking the team to the semifinals or finals which is how the Hawks roster has been most of the 30+ years I’ve been a fan of the team.

I’d like to see what transpires for 2019 offseason when the team has cap space to go with a pair of young players in Trae possibly ROY if Schröder is traded and Collins an MIP candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It's near the top of the least. Especially if you go back over the last 30 years with all the failed trades, the inability to keep players, the poor management, poor ownership and getting little value in trades. Whenever you're always losing or trading key players for little to no value there is a problem somewhere. If you think Schlenk doing a good job... Well, I feel sorry for you.

Should current ownership/management be graded based on the sins of the past regimes?

And who thinks Slink is doing a good job?  Don't make assumptions.

You can choose to dwell on all that.  I lived through all that ineptitude and I don't have the time or patience to rehash it all.

I just hope positive things happen for us in the future.

Y'all can sit and wallow in all that self pity if yall want.  Count me out.  I already know it happened.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Can we educate ourselves and realize how few teams actually sign high level free agents?

This is not a Hawks-specific phenomenon.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Can we educate ourselves and realize how few teams actually sign high level free agents?

There’s only special situations a free agent would like to walk into. They sure wouldn’t want to join Sap and Al to try and take us to the promised land after seeing the Cavs sweep us again. Even if we did have room. Al saw the writing on the wall that weighed into his decision to go to Boston I’m sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Fair enough, but it seems to me that the only teams who trade superstar level players are those who have players health issues, are getting old and losing efficiency, or are not good locker room teammates.  Point being that if you can't sign 'em, can't trade for 'em, it seems you set yourself up to be on permanent tank.

• Premium Member
Fair enough, but it seems to me that the only teams who trade superstar level players are those who have players health issues, are getting old and losing efficiency, or are not good locker room teammates.  Point being that if you can't sign 'em, can't trade for 'em, it seems you set yourself up to be on permanent tank.

Or you finally figure it out and draft the right player? People used to say GSW were on a permanent tank. well obviously they broke out of it eventually when they made good decisions. Not sure about Schlenk’s trades yet but his draft picks look good so far.

• Like 2

All assumption here if it all goes down for this season and yeah I know what an assumption makes me. It is a rotation with promise but the outcome Schlenk is obviously looking for next draft is a good shot at a very, very early pick. Not thinking any more moves will mean wins too soon for Schlenk, thats for sure. Will be very interesting to see how fast Trae develops because if its faster than management expects then it may derail Schlenk's short term goal.  

PG - Trae, temporarily injured Lin

SG - Baze (for now at least), Dorsey, Huerter (our future downtown Freddie Brown)

SF - Prince, Bembry, Cleveland, possibly Huerter

PF - Collins, Spellman

C - Dedmon, Plumlee

• Like 1