• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's no one I want to have to deal with a hot, messy shomitting more than you ,,,,, because you're a good doc, of course. :happy:

Ohh snap, you just made their list. :ohmy:  Nice knowin' ya, spud.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

No this deal is all about freeing up cap space next year and beyond. It's a very good idea cap wise. Just bad this year. It's accelerating the rebuild.

He's getting nothing in return for a 17/6 player. The standards are pretty low when that is acceptable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Off topic, but I've gotten hammered today.  I've had to sew up the lip of a 6 year old that fell off his bike, had a guy who fractured his thumb with displacement and angulation that will need to be fixed, had a lady with a kidney stone and a left ovarian cyst, , had another guy with unexplained swelling that ended up having elevated LFTs, a guy with a scrotal abscess, and I sent the nurse home with diarrhea and vomiting.  All of this has been since lunch with the typical snotty nose stuff mixed in.

Coulda been worse you coulda had some semi blind chick from a chipotle stop in because she cut her entire hand off thinking it was a chicken breast.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, warcore said:

Lemme know when you have two 11 and 12 yo Females that attempted a suicide pact by mixing 10 different medications in a bowl and devour them not knowing who got what. And having to ID and assess every pill, draw all labs to determine who got more/less of what, to determine who needs what treatment.

And then doing the whole dance again two weeks later except the youngest tried it with a different cousin using another relatives medications. C'mon people!

I was working in the ER about 7 years ago when I had an 18 year old come in after taking "many" Benadryl tablets.  When I got to researching it, at a certain dose, Benadryl starts acting like PCP.  I had to paralyze him and tube him to get him airlifted to LeBonheur.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I was working in the ER about 7 years ago when I had an 18 year old come in after taking "many" Benadryl tablets.  When I got to researching it, at a certain dose, Benadryl starts acting like PCP.  I had to paralyze him and tube him to get him airlifted to LeBonheur.

The conduction disturbances are real.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

OKC is over the cap and over the LT.  First, they would need a bit more in salary taken back to satisfy the CBA...Schröder + Moose only is about 1.7 million short of that.  

Additionally, this is a very important deal for OKC than for us. As repeat offenders of the LT and being over 20 million over the LT, the savings from saving 7 million on the deal is about $35 million in savings for OKC and in addition they need our other cheap assets (1.3 mil contracts) to go with it to fill salary.  They need this more than us. We should be getting something good back. So I am thinking they would be taking Dennis and Moose + 2 low salaries on our roster (probably why Dorsey/Cleveland were show cased and allowed to ball hog in summer league) in exchange for a future 1st (or more).

It's so nice having you here so there is at least one person who can provide the true nitty gritty.

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yeah, @EazyRoc, perhaps 2020 or beyond to raise possibility of higher slots.

Absolutely. Baze and Dennis would be an immediate shot in the arm for their bench. They easily have the worst bench in the league.

3 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

He's getting nothing in return for a 17/6 player. The standards are pretty low when that is acceptable.

He's not getting it now, but he's getting it next year when we'll have plenty of cap to spend. Consider it this way. We're trading Dennis this year for $15.5 million to spend next year which should give us in excess of $50 million in cap space.  Both the Lin move and the Schröder move clear cap space in 2019.  Here are the list of the to 10 free agents next year.

1. Durant

2. Leonard

3. Towns

4. Irving

5. Butler

6. Porzingis

7. Thompson (Klay)

8.  Walker

9. Middleton

10. Horford

$50 million is almost enough to snag 2 of those at the same time. If they can somehow find some way to offload Bazemore by the deadline. That number could/would rise to above $70 million. More than enough to grab 2 of the above players. This would give the Hawks the ability to complete the rebuild in just 2 years.  So I'm willing to give up Dennis and bottom out (for 1 year) as long as we do something meaningful with the money.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

OKC doesn't do the deal though because in that deal their cap gets worse, not better. They'd be doing this deal to drop huge tax, not take on more.

Am I missing something?

2018-07-18_2148.png

28 minutes ago, thecampster said:

He's not getting it now, but he's getting it next year when we'll have plenty of cap to spend. Consider it this way. We're trading Dennis this year for $15.5 million to spend next year which should give us in excess of $50 million in cap space.  Both the Lin move and the Schröder move clear cap space in 2019.  Here are the list of the to 10 free agents next year.

1. Durant

2. Leonard

3. Towns

4. Irving

5. Butler

6. Porzingis

7. Thompson (Klay)

8.  Walker

9. Middleton

10. Horford

$50 million is almost enough to snag 2 of those at the same time. If they can somehow find some way to offload Bazemore by the deadline. That number could/would rise to above $70 million. More than enough to grab 2 of the above players. This would give the Hawks the ability to complete the rebuild in just 2 years.  So I'm willing to give up Dennis and bottom out (for 1 year) as long as we do something meaningful with the money.

The gag is going to be that we're not going to land ANY of these players.  What will happen, is that we'll overpay for a guy outside of the top 10, and try to call that a build block.

Meanwhile, Dennis will win 6th man of the Year in OKC, with them becoming a serious threat in the West.'

One of these kids are going to have to develop . . . rapidly.

• Like 1

I mean, dang.  Out of this list of 10, you can cross these players out right off the back, due to the Trae Young selection at PG . . or because they're looking to win championships over getting MAX money.

1. Durant

2. Leonard

3. Towns

4. Irving

5. Butler

6. Porzingis

7. Thompson (Klay)

8.  Walker

9. Middleton

10. Horford

Boy, if this team offers Kris Middleton a 4 yr - 140 mill contract . . . . 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The gag is going to be that we're not going to land ANY of these players.  What will happen, is that we'll overpay for a guy outside of the top 10, and try to call that a build block.

Meanwhile, Dennis will win 6th man of the Year in OKC, with them becoming a serious threat in the West.'

One of these kids are going to have to develop . . . rapidly.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I mean, dang.  Out of this list of 10, you can cross these players out right off the back, due to the Trae Young selection at PG . . or because they're looking to win championships over getting MAX money.

1. Durant

2. Leonard

3. Towns

4. Irving

5. Butler

6. Porzingis

7. Thompson (Klay)

8.  Walker

9. Middleton

10. Horford

Boy, if this team offers Kris Middleton a 4 yr - 140 mill contract . . . . 

Exactly