• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is still a potential Baze to NO deal on the table.  

"There is still a potential Baze to CHI deal on the table."

- See how that works when you don't provide a link?

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I just better not see a 1st go in this deal

Preach, brutha.

Knowing Slink's trade prowess, I'm half-expecting to see us add the DAL pick. :argh:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Preach, brutha.

Knowing Slink's trade prowess, I'm half-expecting to see us add the DAL pick. :argh:

You should just trust what I say without questioning it.  

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Preach, brutha.

Not a chance. I hope he wouldn't be that dumb. An asset that I would consider Tyler Dorsey, Bembry, a couple 2nd rounders, etc.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Hawks should demand OKC's 2023 first round pick with limited protections since they would be taking on Dennis's remaining contract, but watch them settle for just a 2nd round pick or a highly protected 1st.  

Also, if OKC buys him out, it doesn't help them with the luxury tax.  He will still count against the LT.

Top 3 or Top 5 or no deal. We almost have to gamble on injuries or turmoil. Although, that roster is pretty terrible outside of Westbrook, George, and Adams.

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Agreed on us asking for a first and you are correct on the tax.  This saves them some tax as well:

Dennis + Moose = $20.5M

Camelo = $26.2M

= base saving of $5.7M which then multiply with the tax consequences

Actually, the savings are better because I used Carmelo's salary from this past season.  It is actually:

$27,928,140 - ($15,500,000 + $5,000,000) = $7,428,140 in savings this season and that then gets multiplied for taxes

2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Top 3 or Top 5 or no deal. We almost have to gamble on injuries or turmoil. Although, that roster is pretty terrible outside of Westbrook, George, and Adams.

They won't do that AND take on Dennis.  There's a good chance this deal gets done without anything being added.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

That is super not happening.  They have no means of getting a top 3 or top 5 pick in the near term unless you think their team is going to be that bad with Westbrook and PG.  Dennis is also not having any real trade value so you are looking for a total windfall deal for Atlanta.

• Like 1

If the Hawks are able to extract a pick in this deal and target 2023 to get that pick, then you may get OKC on their way down as Paul George will be off the books by then, and there is a chance that Westbrook opts out for the 2022-2023 season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

If the Hawks are able to extract a pick in this deal and target 2023 to get that pick, then you may get OKC on their way down as Paul George will be off the books by then, and there is a chance that Westbrook opts out for the 2022-2023 season.

On this thread, you and I are on the same page.  I'd rather have their pick that far out than their pick in the next year or two.  Should be easier for them to give up too.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

That is super not happening.  They have no means of getting a top 3 or top 5 pick in the near term unless you think their team is going to be that bad with Westbrook and PG.

They won't be "bad", but with the Lakers taking one of those lower Playoff spots out West it's getting mighty competitive out there. It won't be easy. I'd take their 1st next season. It should at least be in the teens.