• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Dennis Schröder Appreciation Thread

NBASupes

8 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

And then moments like this. I’m going to miss the kid lmao

That was funny.  He had his moments but he seems like a good, fun-loving kid.  Total 180 from living in Atlanta to OKC.  With the slow down he should mature a bit.  Find a wholesome girl, sell the gold-plated whips, stop stomping on folks, etc.

He was fun to watch.  He wasn't afraid of anyone.  He has a little old school badassness to him which made him all the more fun to root for.  I hope he's learned from his mistakes because he's definitely made some.  But all in all, one of my favorite Hawks in recent history.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I hope it works out  for Dennis in OKC. The talent is there and he is still young to become what some though he would be

The 60 win team seem so long ago. I still find myself looking at highlights from that year from time to time. Might be the most fun I had as Hawks fan

I dont understand the shots at Teague though. Acting like he never stepped up is being vastly overstated on here

I recall him stepping up in the Chicago series when everyone else was looking scared

I remember us almost beating the Pacers when we were the 8th seed and he was the main reason why. They had to put Paul George on him because he was killing anyone else else trying to defend him.  And im still mad at Lou Will for that one game. I want to say it was game 6

And he was the only one who showed up in the ECF. I still cant believe we blew game 3. Had that game won but Sap, Baze, and DMC biting on those pump fakes at the 3 point line  killed us.

Yea his last playoff stint here was very disappointing but to act like he didn't show up at all is a little ridiculous

My issue with Teague is those moments were too few knowing the talent I knew he had. He was too content at times just being there....grab the bull the horns and tske it to the opponent.

• Like 1

Damn I forgot about Steve Holman’s patented sound bytes on Dennis.  He was so disgusted when he shot an iso three and missed or allowed the ball to roll inbounds.  I don’t think he’ll miss him at all lol.

I didn’t read the OKC article but “high risk, high reward” is a perfect way to sum up the possibilities.

• Premium Member
Damn I forgot about Steve Holman’s patented sound bytes on Dennis.  He was so disgusted when he shot an iso three and missed or allowed the ball to roll inbounds.  I don’t think he’ll miss him at all lol.

I didn’t read the OKC article but “high risk, high reward” is a perfect way to sum up the possibilities.

Steve was always frustrated with Dennis because he expects a PG to play a certain way.. we got kind of spoiled with Teague who almost always played under control .. trust me he’ll be frustrated with Trae the same way if he takes his 30 footer before anybody is under basket to rebound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Moderators

I was a big Teague fan.  Teague Time was a real thing.   He wasn't the vocal leader we wanted him to be but he was a really good PG with a lot of offensive versatility.  I definitely wanted it in his hands at the end vs anyone else.

Dennis is a great move for OKC.  It gives them the chance to reduce some of Russ's regular season minutes.  I think they are going to feel like it was a steal by midseason.   

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I really can't think of a better opportunity for Dennis.  And I didn't realize that Russ was hurt so DS will be starting right off the bat.   Lineups of Dennis/Russ/PG will be a tough stop.  

Yep. And if Dennis can put forth the effort on defense that he did earlier in his career now that he doesn't have to carry the offensive load - he'll be a good fit in OKC.

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I wish him the best but I can’t see him flourishing.  Billy Donovan ain’t winning no COTY anytime soon.

Donovan is an impediment to that team's success.  I can't believe they never upgraded on him.