• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators

In the 13th Round, with what ought to have been the 153rd Pick of the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender select:

fEsmxK9.png

You've got a point, Kelly Tyler Olynyk (Center/Power Forward, 7'0", 245 lbs., 27 years young).  Brick not hit back!  Fortunately for us, Kevin Love and Ben Simmons won't, either.

I'm not even gonna pretend I got a write-up on The Canadian Crippler. As a famous heat player once insisted, it'll be ready "When It's Ready!"

Guess what, @Marvin24Williams? You. Are. NEXT!

~lw3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

In the 13th Round, with what ought to have been the 153rd Pick of the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender select:

fEsmxK9.png

You've got a point, Kelly Tyler Olynyk (Center/Power Forward, 7'0", 245 lbs., 27 years young).  Brick not hit back!  Fortunately for us, Kevin Love and Ben Simmons won't, either.

I'm not even gonna pretend I got a write-up on The Canadian Crippler. As a famous heat player once insisted, it'll be ready "When It's Ready!"

Guess what, @Marvin24Williams? You. Are. NEXT!

~lw3

Nice pick. My list down to 10 now... crossing Kelly off who by the way would have been a good fit on my squad. ? 

❤️ the Bloodsport btw

• Like 1

oh boy sorry about that fellas, had a long day today. To keep it moving, with the 154th pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select:

KELLY OUBRE JR

oubre-Cropped-500x667.jpg

Oubre is a bit of a mixed bag but I like his overall skillset and his upside. He's really streaky so far but when his jumper is falling, he's a good athletic 3&D guy to bring off the bench at the 3 or 4 if playing small ball.

PG: Jrue Holiday/D'angelo Russell/De'Aaron Fox

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gordon

SF: Gordon Hayward/Rondae Hollis Jefferson/Kelly Oubre Jr

PF: Nikola Mirotic/Jordan Bell

C: Nikola Jokic/Jaren Jackson Jr

HEAD COACH: Erik Spoelstra

• Like 2

With the next pick in the draft, the AAF selects Jabari Parker.

Jabari_Parker_Bulls.jpg?itok=rZ7kQ2dV&c=

It seems like Parker has been arould a while , but he's still only 23 years old.
Parker tore his left ACL in 2017, and returned to action in Feb of 2018.
He was brought along slowly with limited minutes for the first month , and a half.
By April he was playing 30 mpg , and finish the season averging 
19.5 ppg - 8.2 rpg - 2.0 apg for the month of April.

I don't think you can find a better scorer/rebounder at this point of the draft.
He is an injury risk,but at 23 years old , he's worth the gamble. Especially as  a 3rd string combo foward.

Coach: Mike D'Antoni  23a6cc2d5f842e62cc1c8c0c6d74f752_normal.

pos-       name   -        age

PG - Kyrie Irving  26 -  Eric Bledsoe - 28
SG - Nicolas Batum 29 - Luka Duncic  -  19
SF - Kawhi Leonard 27 - Harrison Barnes 26 - Michael Porter jr 20
PF - Kevin Love    30 - John Collins 21  - Jabari Parker -23
C -  Andre Drummod 25  Nikola Vucevic 28        

@LucastheThird                                                          

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pimp said:

It seems like Parker has been arould a while , but he's still only 23 years old.
He was brought along slowly with limited minutes for the first month , and a half.

I don't think you can find a better scorer/rebounder at this point of the draft.
He is an injury risk,but at 23 years old , he's worth the gamble. Especially as  a 3rd string combo foward.

@LucastheThird                                                          

3 Hall of Famers

3 good young prospects

6 solid starters

And all 30 and under.   Great job.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

3 Hall of Famers

3 good young prospects

6 solid starters

And all 30 and under.   Great job.

Just curious who your two HOF are other than Kawhi.  I'm guessing Irving and Love but not sure if you have slotted Drummond in over Love.  Or perhaps John Collins.  :biggrin:

With the next pick in the draft, the AAF selects the Orlando Magic's all-time leader in triple doubles ...Elfrid Payton.elfrid-payton.png?w=96&h=96&crop=1

DiZhomyX0AA-3iK.jpg

Elfrid Payton is actually a better offensive player than he's given credit for. Payton is very good at attacking the rim in space and finding passing lanes for cutters. He's improved as a shooter, but still isn't great in that department, so he isn't going to bring spacing but he's capable of scoring.
His defense  needs work , so that's the part of his game that we will focus on improving the most.
And, there is no better test than trying to guard Kyrie Irving in practice everyday.

PG - Kyrie Irving  26 -  Eric Bledsoe - 28 - Elfrid Payton
C -  Andre Drummod 25  - Nikola Vucevic 28          

@Marvin24Williams                                                                                                  

7 hours ago, pimp said:

@LucastheThird                                                          

I agree. Parker was probably the best offensive upside option left at power forward. I just could not bring myself to pull the trigger. The Bulls took a low risk flyer on him that could work out great for them.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Just curious who your two HOF are other than Kawhi.  I'm guessing Irving and Love but not sure if you have slotted Drummond in over Love.  Or perhaps John Collins.  :biggrin:

Love

• 1 NBA Championship . . celebrated for his defense vs perimeter players in Game 7
  • 5x All-Star . . . and with a weakened East, should make 2 - 3 more All-Star teams ( especially if he leads the Cavs in scoring, and if they stay a playoff level team 
  • 2 All-NBA teams
  • Currently at 11,000+ pts and 7,000+ rebs.   There should be no reason ( other than injury ), that Love shouldn't reach 18,000+ points and 11,000+ rebs.  Every person who has reached those numbers are in the Hall of Fame.

Irving

• 1 NBA Championship . . made an iconic shot in Game 7 to seal it.
  • 5x All-Star . . . same parameters that went for Love, goes for Irving.  He should make multiple All-Star teams
  • 1 All-NBA team
  • Currently at 9,600+ points and 2,400+ assists at only age 25.  If he gets to 18,000+ points and 5,000+ assists, you'd think he'd be a shoo-in for the Hall.  The only 3 people NOT ( or will not ) get into the Hall with those numbers are
    • Reggie Theus:   ( 19,015 pts - 6,453 assts  . . . in 12 seasons )
    • Jason Terry:  ( 18,881 pts - 5,415 asst . . . in 18 seasons )
    • and MAYBE Joe Johnson:  ( 20,405 pts . . 5,001 asst . . . in 18 seasons ) . . . . 20,000 points normally gets you in, if your name isn't Antwan Jamison and Tom Chambers.

Honestly, Kawhi may have the MOST work to do out of these 3, despite having his Finals MVP award.  His prowess as an elite defensive player will help him, even if he doesn't end up with gawdy offensive numbers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Love

• 1 NBA Championship . . celebrated for his defense vs perimeter players in Game 7
  • 5x All-Star . . . and with a weakened East, should make 2 - 3 more All-Star teams ( especially if he leads the Cavs in scoring, and if they stay a playoff level team 
  • 2 All-NBA teams
  • Currently at 11,000+ pts and 7,000+ rebs.   There should be no reason ( other than injury ), that Love shouldn't reach 18,000+ points and 11,000+ rebs.  Every person who has reached those numbers are in the Hall of Fame.

Irving

• 1 NBA Championship . . made an iconic shot in Game 7 to seal it.
  • 5x All-Star . . . same parameters that went for Love, goes for Irving.  He should make multiple All-Star teams
  • 1 All-NBA team
  • Currently at 9,600+ points and 2,400+ assists at only age 25.  If he gets to 18,000+ points and 5,000+ assists, you'd think he'd be a shoo-in for the Hall.  The only 3 people NOT ( or will not ) get into the Hall with those numbers are
    • Reggie Theus:   ( 19,015 pts - 6,453 assts  . . . in 12 seasons )
    • Jason Terry:  ( 18,881 pts - 5,415 asst . . . in 18 seasons )
    • and MAYBE Joe Johnson:  ( 20,405 pts . . 5,001 asst . . . in 18 seasons ) . . . . 20,000 points normally gets you in, if your name isn't Antwan Jamison and Tom Chambers.

Honestly, Kawhi may have the MOST work to do out of these 3, despite having his Finals MVP award.  His prowess as an elite defensive player will help him, even if he doesn't end up with gawdy offensive numbers.

I think Kyrie and Love are both locks for the HOF. The only thing that could derail Kyrie is continued injuries. I think he would be foolish to leave Boston. Kyrie had his most efficient season ( eFG .568 ) under Stevens and I think the Celtics have a real chance to win a Championship, It may be the weak east but Boston is not weak.

A healthy Boston team matches up well with anyone, including GSW.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Apparently it’s easier to get into the Hall these days. 

Love was drafted in 2009

Irving was drafted in 2012.

So who after 2009 do you think will be in the Hall of Fame, that played PF or PG?

There are a few obvious ones, but that isn't going to be a long list at all.  And for the Hall, you DO need the numbers as well as the playoff accolades.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Can somebody upload our rosters to 2k18 and make it public so I can download that ? and beat the hell out of @pimp‘s team and his 17 Hall of Famers....

?

Maybe on Sept 11, when the new game comes  out. I didn't get 2k18. I rented it , and hated the
"my player" mode because it was just a big reese  puff ad :dry:

All I have done is apologize for taking forever, missing my picks, etc.  But I really am sorry!  I was recently elected to city council and we have some developers trying to build warehouses near homes and, needless to say, it's consuming my life.  I know, excuses, excuses...

But here are my two missed picks really quick...

DARREN COLLISON

BROOK LOPEZ

Thanks for understanding!  (I honestly just hope neither of them are taken already and I overlooked it...)

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

All I have done is apologize for taking forever, missing my picks, etc.  But I really am sorry!  I was recently elected to city council and we have some developers trying to build warehouses near homes and, needless to say, it's consuming my life.  I know, excuses, excuses...

But here are my two missed picks really quick...

DARREN COLLISON

BROOK LOPEZ

Thanks for understanding!  (I honestly just hope neither of them are taken already and I overlooked it...)

This late and both good picks. Not bad at all.