• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bill Simmons on Doncic-Young: "One of the worst trades of the decade!"

NineOhTheRino

On 8/8/2018 at 8:47 AM, Buzzard said:

This daft reminds me so much of the 2005 draft just as others have said. We had a chance then to take two potential franchise changing guards but instead chased a unicorn in Marvin Williams. The smaller PG turned out to be best of them all.

This year we had a chance at two potential franchise changing guards and a unicorn. We took the smaller guard over Doncic and the unicorn in JJJ. Doncic has as a good a chance as sticking as Deron; but just like CP3 was the better PG back then, I think Trae is the better PG now, Memphis, good luck with your unicorn.

I like Doncic for his size and maturity at such a young age but IMO Trae is the better pure PG. With the apparent plan to trade Dennis all along, we did about as well as could be expected in this draft. Not even close to a worse trade in any year unless it turns out that way for Big D.

Imagine this on draft night in 2005, the rights to CP3 being traded and they threw in a top five protected 1st to get the rights for Deron. Something like this is what we could be talking about five years from now,

Except all the hype on draft night was on Marvin (despite being an unproven bench player), not the PG's.  Doncic has all the hype without being proven.

30 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

He isn’t a thug..shut up

5 on 1 fight at a Hookah Club...just sayin!

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Except all the hype on draft night was on Marvin (despite being an unproven bench player), not the PG's.  Doncic has all the hype without being proven.

5 on 1 fight at a Hookah Club...just sayin!

Don’t care ...doesn’t make him a thug...I can easily dumb ass fans who tear up downtown areas flip cars fight each other when they team win a championship thugs...

12 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

He is a violent thing. He might not have been one before he came here, but he clearly embraced the culture.

I am not sure about the culture here changing him. The U.K is well known for ball bat gangs ( hand gun restrictions )  and I imagine it is not uncommon in Germany. I am not saying that is how Dennis thinks but it is similar behavior.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Sounds racist, I know thug is code for the N word. A fight doesn’t make anyone a thug idk maybe you just group up soft.

I’m either getting really old or the ? is getting ? soft. People over analyze $hit imo. Just live and let live. 

Ps I have no clue what you guys were talking about but I had to add this hoping it might help.

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m either getting really old or the ? is getting ? soft. People over analyze $hit imo. Just live and let live. 

Ps I have no clue what you guys were talking about but I had to add this hoping it might help.

It is not a race from where I sit, it is a lifestyle outside the law almost always involving violence, Watch Pinky Blinders on Netflix to get the U,K, version and the  same two words used all the time, It was a good series for a couple if seasons,

Gangster and thug have been used in America to describe organized crime and violent criminals for well over 100 years. If anyone does not know that, they need to read more books or at least get out and see some movies.

Now back on topic.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Sounds racist, I know thug is code for the N word. A fight doesn’t make anyone a thug idk maybe you just group up soft.

All apples are fruits, but not all fruits are apples.  All sentences contain words but not all words are sentences. Dennis' actions made him look like a thug, but not all thugs look like Dennis (because some look just like my young thug white nephews).

I'm hoping you meant "grew up soft" because if you meant group up soft then grouping up to jump someone is a very "thug" thing to do.

• Like 1

*ahem*

I guess I'll have to assume the role of mod here and remind folks to get back on topic and leave the (soon-to-be)political stuff in the proper forum.

@AHF is staying silent on this because he wants to see if I'll step in to take care of the situation.  He's like a totally uncool version of Mr. Miyagi.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

*ahem*

I guess I'll have to assume the role of mod here and remind folks to get back on topic and leave the (soon-to-be)political stuff in the proper forum.

@AHF is staying silent on this because he wants to see if I'll step in to take care of the situation.  He's like a totally uncool version of Mr. Miyagi.  

Can't believe this day arrived, but I am totally seconding what KG said here.  At least the first part.  I'm not sure I look good enough to draw any comparisons to the incomparable Mr. Miyagi.

Drop the politics from this forum and take it up on the politics board of this site if you want to continue it.  Otherwise, a lock is coming for this thread.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

*ahem*

giphy.gif

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can't believe this day arrived, but I am totally seconding what KG said here.  At least the first part.  I'm not sure I look good enough to draw any comparisons to the incomparable Mr. Miyagi.

Drop the politics from this forum and take it up on the politics board of this site if you want to continue it.  Otherwise, a lock is coming for this thread.

If I knew how, I'd memorialize the bolded in my sig.

I'll remember these kind words after I replace you as mod.  They'll buy you a half day to clean out your stuff before I nuke your account.

tommyleejones

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

giphy.gif

Hahaaa

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If I knew how, I'd memorialize the bolded in my sig.

I'll remember these kind words after I replace you as mod.  They'll buy you a half day to clean out your stuff before I nuke your account.

tommyleejones

Hahaaa

? I didn’t know this was gonna happen. @kg01 was born...then roughly 40 years later I got banned. ? @ the mister migayi thing ...

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? I didn’t know this was gonna happen. @kg01 was born...then roughly 40 years later I got banned. ? @ the mister migayi thing ...

Very philosophical response.  Deep.  Kudos, sir.

AH didn't realize he was grooming his eventual replacement.  His reign of terror is nearly over.