• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bill Simmons on Doncic-Young: "One of the worst trades of the decade!"

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

title is misleading.  actual quote is "One of the worst trades of the decade"

I don't pay much attention to the ones who think they know it; because they just know it. Whether they are screaming superstar or bust; it is to generate buzz for their personality. They are pretty much drama queens and it is in their best interest to generate drama. Chad Ford ( NBA ) and Mel Kiper Jr, ( NFL ) was the chumps of them all. Oh I meant champs. No I meant what I said.

It is how they try and make a splash, Then if they get big enough, they eventually chill out because the bigger you are the more noticeable your wrong calls are. A year from now, no one will even remember what Bill Simmons said about this draft.

Just now, HawkItus said:

Simmons is an uninformed blowhard now.  He used to make pretty compelling arguments backed up facts, even biased in his usage of said facts.   Unfortunately, his inflated self worth and ego have devolved his takes into I'm right because I am Bill Simmons. 

Yes sir!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Simmons is an uninformed blowhard now.  He used to make pretty compelling arguments backed up facts, even biased in his usage of said facts.   Unfortunately, his inflated self worth and ego have devolved his takes into I'm right because I am Bill Simmons. 

Hammer meet nail

• Moderators
On 8/4/2018 at 10:22 AM, thecampster said:

Mark this podcast and watch them be 300 yards up Atlanta's butt in 2 years when this works out well.

The only thing I’ll say for Simmons in consistency with this is he loved the Hawks for taking Dennis in the first place so him not liking us for ditching him is not a surprise. 

40 minutes ago, AHF said:

The only thing I’ll say for Simmons in consistency with this is he loved the Hawks for taking Dennis in the first place so him not liking us for ditching him is not a surprise. 

And I dislike the Celtics for getting rid of IT and Crowder and Bradley. Actually I dislike the Celtics for Larry Bird and co. and their logo..

(an hour later still ranting as I walk..)

Dino Radja..the Nets trade...Kevin Garnett..

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Simmons can be a jerk but we should not discount his NBA knowledge.