• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KB21, your boys at Thestepien seem to like Future Atlanta Hawk Zion Williamson

NBASupes

I don’t know who I’d rather have more now...I wanted Cam before seeing theses lil exhibition games but now I’m torn between both Rj and Zion. Zion is just different. What he can do doesn’t come along often. His ability to crash the boards looks special. He’s a better passer than I would’ve thought and he has good iq from what I’ve seen so far. RJ looks like just an overall really good player. Can do a lil bit of everything but seems to be a really good passer. Has the potential to be great defensively and that would work wonders next to Trae so I really don’t know who I want lol

On 8/16/2018 at 6:18 PM, EazyRoc said:

Another thing I noticed is he cannot (or does not) finish with his right hand. That’s something he’s got to work on.

Right-handed dunk against University of Toronto ? 

32 minutes ago, jy23 said:

I don’t know who I’d rather have more now...I wanted Cam before seeing theses lil exhibition games but now I’m torn between both Rj and Zion. Zion is just different. What he can do doesn’t come along often. His ability to crash the boards looks special. He’s a better passer than I would’ve thought and he has good iq from what I’ve seen so far. RJ looks like just an overall really good player. Can do a lil bit of everything but seems to be a really good passer. Has the potential to be great defensively and that would work wonders next to Trae so I really don’t know who I want lol

Which one would Trae want?

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Which one would Trae want?

Good question...probably Zion. With him and Collins he can literally just throw the ball towards the rim and somebody’s gonna catch it 

• Like 2

PG - Trae

G - ?

F - Taurean

F - Zion

F/C - John 

hmmmm.  Even if they didn't win, that lineup is interesting.

There's enough top SG prospects in this draft that I think we'd be able to trade up if need be pretty easily. We'll see how the season unfolds, but I could see Barrett, Reddish, Langford, Grimes or maybe even Little slotting in there.

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:
Little isn't a shooting guard.  He's a small forward/power forward hybrid who is currently the best shooter out of the bunch.

Why can't he play shooting guard?

He doesn't handle the basketball well enough to be able to create his shot as a shooting guard on the perimeter.  

I'm not that impressed with any of the "shooting guards" in this draft at this point.  None of them have shown the proclivity to shoot the ball either from a standstill or an on the move position.  

I mean, RJ Barrett shot 24% from three against FIBA competition.  Romeo Langford shot 22% from three in EYBL.   Quentin Grimes was a 24% three point shooter in FIBA competition.

5 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I watched that. I waited the whole reel to see him finish with his off hand. He’s still got more work to do though.

Honestly, he doesn't have to do anything with that right hand, until people prove that they can stop or even slow down his left hand.  The only thing I haven't seen from him yet, is a pull up jumper.  But if people aren't stopping you going to the rim, there's really no need for that right now either.

It's like criticizing Shaq for not having a 12 - 15 foot jumper like Tim Duncan.

He doesn't handle the basketball well enough to be able to create his shot as a shooting guard on the perimeter.  

I'm not that impressed with any of the "shooting guards" in this draft at this point.  None of them have shown the proclivity to shoot the ball either from a standstill or an on the move position.  

I mean, RJ Barrett shot 24% from three against FIBA competition.  Romeo Langford shot 22% from three in EYBL.   Quentin Grimes was a 24% three point shooter in FIBA competition.

I'm of the opinion that if he can defend SGs and some PGs, he can play the position. He isn't a high level play maker, but he's not hopeless either. I wouldn't write him off yet. I don't rate Bazemore's ability to create his own shot, but he's still an effective basketball player nevertheless.

Regarding the other prospects, they've got holes in their game, but we'll have the whole season to see what their shooting ability is. And perhaps someone else impresses along the way.

17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

RJ is absolutely the player to target 

I'm not sold, yet.  I like his potential as a lead initiator of an offense, but I'm not high on his shooting at this point.  With that lack of shooting, I question his fit next to Trae Young.  Barrett will have to become a better shooter, and Young will have to become better off the ball for it to work.

Zion is the sexy pick. RJ seems to be the safer pick from what I’ve seen but the process is a long one. I don’t wanna fall in love with the first stripper at the club like @kg01...let’s chill and see what’s up for a minute we got 9 months. 

Zion RJ Cam Romeo Little are the guys I want in a Hawks uni next year with Gafford coming in 6th. (The first 5 in no specific order yet..).

• Like 1

I swear everyone i seen all offseason was crapping on this upcoming draft saying how weak it is.  Im liking ALOT of the prospects in the top 10 or so in next years draft.  Some of them even more so than this years draft so i don't get why they think it's so weak unless they are talking about after the top 10 which i haven't gotten a chance to really look at much yet.

As for Zion he is a MUCH BETTER passer than i even had a clue of him being as i haven't gotten to watch much College Ball yet this season even though Duke is my team.  He also shows alot of hustle and speed on getting back down the floor even more so than most of his teammates who should be quicker than him doing so.   Overall i like zion quite a bit so far and wouldn't have a problem with him with our 1st pick if we are drafting that early.  But theirs alot of season left so i'll keep an eye on them all to see how the develop.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Zion is the sexy pick. RJ seems to be the safer pick from what I’ve seen but the process is a long one. I don’t wanna fall in love with the first stripper at the club like @kg01...let’s chill and see what’s up for a minute we got 9 months. 

Zion RJ Cam Romeo Little are the guys I want in a Hawks uni next year with Gafford coming in 6th. (The first 5 in no specific order yet..).

Ohhh no, pal.  You're not roping me back into this discussion.  I only come into the thread for the comps.  Here's what we've gotten so far ..

Lebron

Barkley

K. Malone

Jordan

Traylor

Kemp

Draymond

No one (ever, all-time)

.. and looks like Shaq has finally made the board.

Keep 'em coming, folks.

(Seriously, even as a fan of this guy, this doesn't seem to be getting out of hand?)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, falconfan13 said:

I swear everyone i seen all offseason was crapping on this upcoming draft saying how weak it is.  Im liking ALOT of the prospects in the top 10 or so in next years draft.  Some of them even more so than this years draft so i don't get why they think it's so weak unless they are talking about after the top 10 which i haven't gotten a chance to really look at much yet.

It really feels like the scouts jumped the gun with the complaining they were doing about this upcoming draft class. Barrett and Zion are rediculous prospects and the other players in the class haven’t fully made their mark yet. I don’t think the draft will be stacked but people were saying it was going to be historically weak.

At the very worst, this draft will be looked at similarly to the Ben Simmons/Ingram draft where it was billed as a two person draft going in.