• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We're Deeper On Paper Than

sillent

In an 82 game season being a deep team is a big factor to combat against injuries, fatigue and other unknowns.

Currently Our Team Looks Like This And Predicted Beginning Season Depth Chart:

Starters                                                        Bench                                                           Reserves

PG:    Jeremy Lin                                                 Trae Young                                                   Jaylen Adams

SG:    Kent Bazemore                                                <=               Bembry/Dorsey/Vince                 =>

SF:     Taurean Prince                                           Kevin Huerter                   <=>                    Justin Anderson

PF:     John Collins                                               Omari Spellman                                           Alex Poythress

C:    Dewayne Dedmon                                        Alex Len                                                     Miles Plumlee

On Paper These Are The Teams We Are Deeper Than

Brooklyn*, Charlotte*, Chicago*, Cleveland*, Dallas, Pistons*, Nuggets, Pacers*, New Orleans, New York*, Orlando*, Pheonix, Sacremento....

8 of those teams are on the East. I don't see the Pacers falling off and I think the Pistons and Dwayne Casey may have something to prove but it's a long season. We, unlike the teams listed above look equipped to handle the long haul. Not only are we deep but alot of our players are versatile and can cover multiple positions. This doesn't look like a team built to tank. If a team like the Wizards, Heat or even the 76ers revert for any reason we may have a real opportunity to sneak into the playoffs. I think if we do anything goes because we will definitely be riding high off of momentum. I'm going to look at what I see and not what I've heard from the consensus. Consensus gets things wrong every year.

• Like 1

Umm depth chary is a little different

Young/Lin/Hamilton

Baze/Huerter/Dorsey/Carter

Prince/Anderson/Bembry

Collins/Omari/Robinson/Poythress/

Dedmon/Len/Plumlee

2 players for position + 2 in Bembry and Dorsey that will be in the rotation. 12 player depth, best in recent years

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Young/Lin/Hamilton

Prince/Anderson/Bembry

Dedmon/Len/Plumlee

2 players for position + 2 in Bembry and Dorsey that will be in the rotation. 12 player depth, best in recent years

I pretty much agree with this except Dorsey and Carter ahead of KH

• Moderators
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Young/Lin/Hamilton

Prince/Anderson/Bembry

Dedmon/Len/Plumlee

Hamilton?  I had to look up who that was.   

Agree with your chart although i think we'll see Carter filling in 2-4 .  Still not convinced Dorsey or Bembry will be in the rotation at all by January.   

10 hours ago, sillent said:

In an 82 game season being a deep team is a big factor to combat against injuries, fatigue and other unknowns.

Currently Our Team Looks Like This And Predicted Beginning Season Depth Chart:

Starters                                                        Bench                                                           Reserves

PG:    Jeremy Lin                                                 Trae Young                                                   Jaylen Adams

SG:    Kent Bazemore                                                <=               Bembry/Dorsey/Vince                 =>

SF:     Taurean Prince                                           Kevin Huerter                   <=>                    Justin Anderson

PF:     John Collins                                               Omari Spellman                                           Alex Poythress

C:    Dewayne Dedmon                                        Alex Len                                                     Miles Plumlee

On Paper These Are The Teams We Are Deeper Than

Brooklyn*, Charlotte*, Chicago*, Cleveland*, Dallas, Pistons*, Nuggets, Pacers*, New Orleans, New York*, Orlando*, Pheonix, Sacremento....

8 of those teams are on the East. I don't see the Pacers falling off and I think the Pistons and Dwayne Casey may have something to prove but it's a long season. We, unlike the teams listed above look equipped to handle the long haul. Not only are we deep but alot of our players are versatile and can cover multiple positions. This doesn't look like a team built to tank. If a team like the Wizards, Heat or even the 76ers revert for any reason we may have a real opportunity to sneak into the playoffs. I think if we do anything goes because we will definitely be riding high off of momentum. I'm going to look at what I see and not what I've heard from the consensus. Consensus gets things wrong every year.

We are deep on paper; but two things have to happen for us to stay deep. Lin, who has only played in 37 games over two seasons, has to play in over 70 this year. Then Bazemore has to stay on the team. I think it is a coin toss for Lin; and less than 50/50 for Bazemore.

We could of drafted Melton at #34, and had more depth at point guard. Lin is probably going to get hurt again, I hate to say it. But I hope he can stay healthy, he's a really great guy and a good player. 

But aside from point guard, we aren't too different from last year. I personally do not think we should tank this year. You only learn to win by trying to win. And guys like Prince and Collins are trying to establish their careers, it's time for them to ball out. 

• Like 1

Honestly i think we are just deep, because we starting with low qualitiy that the from the backups to the starters isn't big. I would rate the bench from must of the mentioned teams better then the hawks bench, even when some players ain't as close to the rotation as on the hawks roster.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

We could of drafted Melton at #34, and had more depth at point guard. Lin is probably going to get hurt again, I hate to say it. But I hope he can stay healthy, he's a really great guy and a good player. 

But aside from point guard, we aren't too different from last year. I personally do not think we should tank this year. You only learn to win by trying to win. And guys like Prince and Collins are trying to establish their careers, it's time for them to ball out. 

Two rookies at the same position is not exactly what most teams call depth; especially depth to rely on for a full 48 minute game. I am pretty sure Huerter will get ample time this season and he is a decent ball handler. He played PG in high school and was seen a a combo guard when he was heavily recruited by Maryland, Michigan, Villanova, and Notre Dame.

Huerter may not be Jamal Crawford; but he could turn into a better every day starter than Jamal. I think Schelnk valued him highly because of his shooting and ball handling skills.

Good read on Huerter as a High School Senior.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2015/09/04/new-york-guard-kevin-huerter-set-for-official-visit-to-maryland/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.329e17f5ee41

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 8:41 AM, NBASupes said:

I pretty much agree with this except Dorsey and Carter ahead of KH

Agreed. Atleast at the beginning of the season.

On 8/30/2018 at 9:27 AM, JTB said:

Lol people still think Lin is starting over Young !

lol I doubt it ...go ahead and get upset ...I’m sure young is starting and has the green light 

Honestly it really doesn't matter to me. We are deep enough to where alot of players can play either or at positions and minutes.

On 8/30/2018 at 1:32 PM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Deep team? m'kay lol  We're not even a playoff team in the East and you overvaluing our talent.

I think you and many are undervaluing the talent. Time will tell and you don't necessarily have to be a playoff team to be deep but being deep helps your chances to make the playoffs.

• Moderators

I think you and many are undervaluing the talent. Time will tell and you don't necessarily have to be a playoff team to be deep but being deep helps your chances to make the playoffs.

...why are we wanting to make the playoffs? Our goal with letting Millsap walk and trading Schröder is to start over and build team to become better than the treadmill we were on. Currently, we’re on the kiddie treadmill if we become the 8th seed and that would be catastrophic for our chances of building a great, young team. The goal is development over winning right now and our youngins need loads of it. Our top three players right now is Prince, Baze, and Dedmon... That’s equal to most top team’s 5-7 on the roster. I see Len as another Tiago Splitter, Lin as a rich man’s Jannero Pargo, and Vince is T-Mac/Stackhouse signings from years back. We are not a deep team...

• Premium Member

I don't see us a deep team at all, wether in real life or on paper.

Young/Lin/Hamilton - Lin is a journey man injury waiting to happen, Trae is a rookie that can either hit or miss in his rookie season.

Baze/Huerter/Dorsey/Carter - Baze is our 'Best player' some say - we're already behind the 8ball if that's true. Huerter will be spending lots of time  time in the GL. How much tume will Carter actually see.

Prince/Anderson/Bembry - this is the most interesting grouping if Bembry can stay healthy.

Collins/Omari/Robinson/Poythress - only Collins from the group makes is really special, I like Spellman but can he play 82 games with all that baby fat? Plus rookie.

Dedmon/Len/Plumlee - I like the Ded and Len mix if Len can be close to what made him a #5 pick.

• Moderators
On 9/3/2018 at 7:23 AM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

...why are we wanting to make the playoffs? 

Many fans are always excited about making the playoffs coming into a year.  I don't think Schlenk has any intention of making the playoffs this season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see us a deep team at all, wether in real life or on paper.

Young/Lin/Hamilton - Lin is a journey man injury waiting to happen, Trae is a rookie that can either hit or miss in his rookie season.

Baze/Huerter/Dorsey/Carter - Baze is our 'Best player' some say - we're already behind the 8ball if that's true. Huerter will be spending lots of time  time in the GL. How much tume will Carter actually see.

Prince/Anderson/Bembry - this is the most interesting grouping if Bembry can stay healthy.

Collins/Omari/Robinson/Poythress - only Collins from the group makes is really special, I like Spellman but can he play 82 games with all that baby fat? Plus rookie.

Dedmon/Len/Plumlee - I like the Ded and Len mix if Len can be close to what made him a #5 pick.

Omari will be in GL with Huerter.  Bembry will be cut after this season.