• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't be surprised if we make the playoffs this year.

Wurider05

So many fans are sure the Birds will be an automatic win for each and every opponent.  Why?  Have we sold the idea of another tank season so well that there is no hope?  There are some good teams in the east and some more in the west.  But, just remember, Hawk fans, some of these teams aren't that much better than Atlanta!

:approved:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

So many fans are sure the Birds will be an automatic win for each and every opponent.  Why?  Have we sold the idea of another tank season so well that there is no hope?  There are some good teams in the east and some more in the west.  But, just remember, Hawk fans, some of these teams aren't that much better than Atlanta!

We are hoarding cap space for AD that is all. The deal is to get young and co ready for his arrival hence we won’t sniff the playoffs. And who are we better than in the east Orlando, Knicks nets. That’s about it. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

And what is the purpose of wanting winning now and to make the playoffs?  We are playing and building for the future.  You have to be worst or first in this league and winning now just puts us back on a much slower treadmill than we were on three seasons ago.  Hoard cap space, get great draft picks, and put the focus on development and training.  Our day for winning consistently is still three seasons out.  The goal every season isn't always to win and compete and I'm just being realistic here.

I'm tired of rooting for a team that I don't believe in.  I want some of that magic that Celtic, Laker, Heat, Spur, Warrior, and Cavalier fans have gotten to experience over the last two decades. Just pure dominance and knowing that nobody can stop us.  No more of this wishy-wash "we believe", second-round exit BS.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

And what is the purpose of wanting winning now and to make the playoffs?  We are playing and building for the future.  You have to be worst or first in this league and winning now just puts us back on a much slower treadmill than we were on three seasons ago.  Hoard cap space, get great draft picks, and put the focus on development and training.  Our day for winning consistently is still three seasons out.  The goal every season isn't always to win and compete and I'm just being realistic here.

I'm tired of rooting for a team that I don't believe in.  I want some of that magic that Celtic, Laker, Heat, Spur, Warrior, and Cavalier fans have gotten to experience over the last two decades. Just pure dominance and knowing that nobody can stop us.  No more of this wishy-wash "we believe", second-round exit BS.

Then you better trade for Lebron.  

On 9/21/2018 at 8:20 AM, Wurider05 said:

I mean we forget how awful the East is and just because Lebron isn't here that doesn't mean the East still doesn't suck. I look for Cleveland to still make the playoff possibly 4-5 seed. Don't be suprised if we sneak in. I am calling it now. We are not the garbage that the media makes us out to be. 

Surprised?? How the team is currently constructed I expect it. All of r players have something to prove on the court and are (humble) hungry enough to do it. The LeBron effect helps but I think the blatant disrespect is going to push our players right to the top (of the bottom of the playoffs).

Some think tank, tank, tank.  Meaning, I suppose, that this season's Hawk team will be forbidden to win.  Others believe that, because of our experience, or lack thereof, there will be very, very few wins.

Then, there is the mindset of some that, due to our last season's tank, we will be unable to turn this ship around.  We are doomed for many years.  Believing that Lloyd Pierce was not brought here to win.  Just hold the job until our owners and our GM decide that it's time to start winning.

There is no on - off switch that a new head coach can reach up and turn on.  Our young group of players are either dumb enough or brainwashed enough to believe that winning is a possibility.  They believe that, working together as a team. they have enough God given talent to surprise some of the nay sayers that think the Hawks are the worst team in the NBA.

What is wrong with winning?  What is wrong with wanting to win?  So, if Atlanta makes it to the playoffs and fails to advance further, they can only hope for improvement the next time.  Can any of us really believe that, if we end up as #30 in the NBA, utopia is ours?  We obtain that great all star draft pick and everything will be coming up roses for our beloved Hawks?

:banghead: - - Nope.  Won't work, will it.....

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Some think tank, tank, tank.  Meaning, I suppose, that this season's Hawk team will be forbidden to win.  Others believe that, because of our experience, or lack thereof, there will be very, very few wins.

Then, there is the mindset of some that, due to our last season's tank, we will be unable to turn this ship around.  We are doomed for many years.  Believing that Lloyd Pierce was not brought here to win.  Just hold the job until our owners and our GM decide that it's time to start winning.

There is no on - off switch that a new head coach can reach up and turn on.  Our young group of players are either dumb enough or brainwashed enough to believe that winning is a possibility.  They believe that, working together as a team. they have enough God given talent to surprise some of the nay sayers that think the Hawks are the worst team in the NBA.

What is wrong with winning?  What is wrong with wanting to win?  So, if Atlanta makes it to the playoffs and fails to advance further, they can only hope for improvement the next time.  Can any of us really believe that, if we end up as #30 in the NBA, utopia is ours?  We obtain that great all star draft pick and everything will be coming up roses for our beloved Hawks?

:banghead: - - Nope.  Won't work, will it.....

Compare the 76ers (lost on purpose and now have two cornerstone stars and several interesting pieces) and Charlotte (went for every win they could get) for upside and downsides of the tank and 'go for the win' approach.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Compare the 76ers (lost on purpose and now have two cornerstone stars and several interesting pieces) and Charlotte (went for every win they could get) for upside and downsides of the tank and 'go for the win' approach.

I'm sure their fans love having guys like Cody Zeller and Frank the Tank over guys like Joel and Simmons.

• Like 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So what do we want?   Do we want to lose on purpose for this year?   If so, we need to trade any veteran player that may inadvertently help us win games.

This will also mean that KB has been right the entire time.

I don't follow this.  A bunch of us have predicted the team will be designed to lose games and get another high pick this season.  KB is predicting that we won't make the playoffs until 2023 or later.  Our coach and GM wanting us to get a high pick in the 2018-19 season doesn't mean we can't make the playoffs by 2023.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AHF said:

When is the last time the 76ers were in the playoffs and how many lottery picks did it take? Let's not compare the 76ers. Hopefully for their sake they can continue their new found upswing and not have to go through a process all over again. Even thru all they've went thru and did their still only considered the 3rd possible best team on the LeBronless East after a team that didn't tank but tweaked in Toronto and a team that didn't tank but stayed competitve and were crafty with drafting and getting talent in Boston. The 76ers were an embarrassment to the league for awhile for their self proclaimed "Process" and are still questionable as a true contender. An injury to one of their players can put them right back where they started.

I'll skip on the comparisons of the 76ers and their "Process". I honestly don't think they'll be as good as they were last year and that's with an improved Fultz and Simmons. I'm very curious to see what their defense looks like now without Coach Pierce on the defensive end. Charlotte??? I'm not going to even respond but besides having a couple of our ex players (not our ex best players at anytime) there again is no comparison.

• Like 1