• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Alex Len have any upside?

Wurider05

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, hazer said:

“Collins and Len have logged 140 minutes together at the power forward and center positions. Lineups with this configuration have produced a net rating of +11.2. The defensive rebound rate of 76.9 percent is better than any team’s season-long mark in the league. The offensive production is representative of a top-5 offense, as measured by both effective field goal percentage and true shooting percentage,

That's a very surprising stat. I hope it continues to translate with increased minutes together.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is impressive success but we could see them log more minutes together in the first two weeks of the season than that lineup has seen.  I don't think that level of success is sustainable over a larger sample but I'd love to be surprised.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's a very surprising stat. I hope it continues to translate with increased minutes together.

Exactly, key will be if Oleksiy and J-Bap can replicate those nimbers at 27mins/nt. If so, it won’t just be the 8th seed they’re snagging.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You also know, from an analytics standpoint, those are the stats Schlenk was keeping in mind when not re-signing Dedmon and going all-in with Len. If that can translate, even partially, to full game minutes, Hawks are gonna surprise some folks.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, hazer said:

You also know, from an analytics standpoint, those are the stats Schlenk was keeping in mind when not re-signing Dedmon and going all-in with Len. If that can translate, even partially, to full game minutes, Hawks are gonna surprise some folks.

My read on it is not so much taking those specific number values and expecting that to translate but more about how Collins fits with a bigger center versus one closer to his size.  This suggests to me that a big man who has a bigger body and is more inside focused may be the better fit than one who is more mobile but not as strong.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

My read on it is not so much taking those specific number values and expecting that to translate but more about how Collins fits with a bigger center versus one closer to his size.  This suggests to me that a big man who has a bigger body and is more inside focused may be the better fit than one who is more mobile but not as strong.

But it was exactly what you’re saying that led to those nimbers. Will be interesting to see if they translate full game though for sure.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This was in Jan 8th. What was it at the end of the season

I’d love to know too. I do know Len’s minutes increased the last portion of the season. As did his nimbers 💫

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Careful!  The Len train is full steam ahead and you and the facts are standing in the way!

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

But it was exactly what you’re saying that led to those nimbers. Will be interesting to see if they translate full game though for sure.

Those numbers are super elite and the product of SSS.  That is obvious.  The trend could translate but those specific numbers won't.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Careful!  The Len train is full steam ahead and you and the facts are standing in the way!

You were on the Lopez train, no? Here’s what Len did to your boy in April. Spoiler alert: Alex had a career night 💫

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Those numbers are super elite and the product of SSS.  That is obvious.  The trend could translate but those specific numbers won't.

The specific numbers won’t, but Collins/Len numbers were better than Collins/Dedmon numbers specifically because of Len’s size. We’re in agreement ✅

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

The specific numbers won’t, but Collins/Len numbers were better than Collins/Dedmon numbers specifically because of Len’s size. We’re in agreement ✅

That is definitely the hope / hypothesis.  I expect Len to get a ton of minutes for at least the first half of the season so we'll be able to fully test it out.

• Like 1

My question is why y’all mafudders gettin so smart and I’m stagnating. Granted I’ve been in the 🌞. I’ve been sitting in the sun and just not thinking about diddly squat. Thanks to lw3, some time away. Well I’m still kinda here but not intensely till Zion stops pissing kg off with his pancake 🥞 eating abilities. I digress.

Go Len...Go Damian..go Hawks.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My question is why y’all mafudders gettin so smart and I’m stagnating. Granted I’ve been in the 🌞. I’ve been sitting in the sun and just not thinking about diddly squat. Thanks to lw3, some time away. Well I’m still kinda here but not intensely till Zion stops pissing kg off with his pancake 🥞 eating abilities. I digress.

Go Len...Go Damian..go Hawks.

You were told there’d be no math? How many cold Konas you downin’ per day there, S2N? 🍻

• Haha 1

Didn’t know where else to put this, don’t want to start a “(Possibly More) Tenacious D” thread just yet, so I’ll just plop this here. Since we were discussing Oleksiy’s size/defense, there’s this:

Code Reddish: 7’1 wingspan

The Hunter: 7’2 wingspan

Len/Bruno/DJ: 7’4 wingspans

That’s pretty damn good lenth in the front court this year. Both Printz and Gaze were 7’0, and I think Cam and ‘Dre have more defensive potential than those two. If Bruno catches on quickly (as is his rep) we should see more tenacious D this year 👏🏽

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, hazer said:

You were told there’d be no math? How many cold Konas you downin’ per day there, S2N? 🍻

😏 we lose count. We watch birds 🦅. We just hike along the coast and do what we can for the summer and get away 🚶 from ze gerhind. 😊 

• Thanks 1

Of all the centers, I am hoping Bruno is ready sooner than later. Bruno has a lot to learn but defensively, he is the best of the three and offensively, he has more potential than Jones but a better potential fit with Collins and Trae than Len. 

Len should at least be a rolling threat and that should at least free keep defenses honest when attacking the paint. Last year, while Dedmon was tremendous for spacing, he didn't help us when teams ran us off the line. 

• Like 2