• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does Alex Len have any upside?

Wurider05

3 hours ago, hazer said:

18/9 in 30mins/nt for Len starting this season, 40% from 3

I was curious and looked how many people have averaged 18/9 in 30 or fewer minutes. Turns out only 5 players:

Clyde Lovellette (1959-61), Bob Rule (1967-68), John Drew (1974-75), Robert Parish (1980-81), annnnnnnnnnnd... John Collins (2018-19). 

Bump it to 31 mpg and you add Heinsohn x2, Shaq, Embiid, and Boogie Cousins. 

That's a really talented group. And none of them shot 40% from 3. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, High5 said:

I was curious and looked how many people have averaged 18/9 in 30 or fewer minutes. Turns out only 5 players:

Clyde Lovellette (1959-61), Bob Rule (1967-68), John Drew (1974-75), Robert Parish (1980-81), annnnnnnnnnnd... John Collins (2018-19). 

I think most people who were that good just got more minutes.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think most people who were that good just got more minutes.

Right, but Len isn't getting more minutes. I personally doubt he even gets 30. I'm just pointing out how rare it would be for a 30 mpg player to put up 18/9. 

Edited by High5

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Cool, that’s a minutes thing. Len will get 30 minutes. Len will also average 18/9/40% in those 30 minutes. So as you can see, he’ll be a very good starter for us at C ✅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why does Len have to get 30 minutes again? I’m sorry but why would we give 30 minutes to somebody who is not a part of our future and isn’t great for the present either. I think Trae made him look really good. Let’s see what Trae can do for Damian Jones and Big Bruno 💪🏾. Keep in mind we saw a summer league Bruno. People look like crap 💩 in summer league. Just saying. Lots of fun ahead for us.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, hazer said:

Cool, that’s a minutes thing. Len will get 30 minutes. Len will also average 18/9/40% in those 30 minutes. So as you can see, he’ll be a very good starter for us at C ✅

Huh? I was basing that off of your 30 minutes prediction. 

Let me put it another way. Only 8 qualified players put up 0.6 points and 0.3 rebounds per minute last season (which is what 18/9 in 30 minutes breaks down to): Giannis, Jokic, KAT, Vucevic, Embiid, Westbrook, Collins, and Boban. Boban only played 11.7 mpg so his qualification doesn't mean much.

Only 3 players did it the year before: AD, Love, and Embiid.

If you think Len is going to join that club and shoot 40% from 3 while he's at it then great. I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Why does Len have to get 30 minutes again? I’m sorry but why would we give 30 minutes to somebody who is not a part of our future and isn’t great for the present either. I think Trae made him look really good. Let’s see what Trae can do for Damian Jones and Big Bruno 💪🏾. Keep in mind we saw a summer league Bruno. People look like crap 💩 in summer league. Just saying. Lots of fun ahead for us.

Max out his trade value by the deadline while developing Bruno. If Len is putting up anywhere close to 18/9/40% in 30 mins at that juncture, somebody in striking distance of the conference finals with a gimpy C will be all over that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Let me put it another way. Only 8 qualified players put up 0.6 points and 0.3 rebounds per minute last season (which is what 18/9 in 30 minutes breaks down to): Giannis, Jokic, KAT, Vucevic, Embiid, Westbrook, Collins, and Boban. Boban only played 11.7 mpg so his qualification doesn't mean much.

If you think Len is going to join that club and shoot 40% from 3 while he's at it then great. I hope you're right.

He was putting up over 14/6/41% after the All-Star break in only 23 mins. The last couple of weeks of the season he was nearly 19/7 in 26 mins, and without Dedmon he’ll be used in the same way (and then some) as the primary starter.

Again: 18/9/40%/30mins

Edited by hazer

1 hour ago, High5 said:

This quote from the article @JayBirdHawk posted on the previous page sums it up best:

”In fact, in the games he played 30-plus minutes last season, he averaged 20.9 points and 10.6 rebounds per game.”

26 minutes ago, hazer said:

He was putting up over 14/6/41% after the All-Star break in only 23 mins. The last couple of weeks of the season he was nearly 19/7 in 26 mins, and without Dedmon he’ll be used in the same way (and then some) as the primary starter.

Again: 18/9/40%/30mins

Wanna bet? Loser has to move to Ukraine?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What makes you believe he is not part of the future? So trade a potential 18pts a game for an unproven prospect? This does not make any sense at all unless their is another underlying reason for blatant disrespect of a player.

Would you trade a prime Brook Lopez for an unproven Bruno? A damn second rounder? Wtf? 🙈

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

What makes you believe he is not part of the future? So trade a potential 18pts a game for an unproven prospect? This does not make any sense at all unless their is another underlying reason for blatant disrespect of a player.

Would you trade a prime Brook Lopez for an unproven Bruno? A damn second rounder? Wtf? 🙈

LOL!  I know it is hard to understand what is being written here on this message board...Trust me...I feel your pain! 

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

LOL!  I know it is hard to understand what is being written here on this message board...Trust me...I feel your pain! 

Is this sarcasm? Did I misunderstand the post or something?

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Is this sarcasm? Did I misunderstand the post or something?

Nope...Posters are claiming Len is an All star center that will be traded away to pave the way for Bruno, Reddish basically Rookie of the year, Bruno a starting center, and the Hawks will win 50 games this year.  The message board has become difficult to take seriously.

• Like 4

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Nope...Posters are claiming Len is an All star center, Reddish basically Rookie of the year, Bruno a starting center, and the Hawks will win 50 games this year.  The message board has become difficult to take seriously.

Well I certainly would never claim he is an all-star center but I think he earned his chance to prove his worth over the last quarter of the season last year. It's just enthusiasm on behalf of our fellow members here man, even if it can get carried away sometimes.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, IheartVolt said:

Well I certainly would never claim he is an all-star center but I think he earned his chance to prove his worth over the last quarter of the season last year. It's just enthusiasm on behalf of our fellow members here man, even if it can get carried away sometimes.

I don't know man..Its one thing to be enthusiastic but another to be totally unrealistic

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know man..Its one thing to be enthusiastic but another to be totally unrealistic

Well I assure you that The Squawk is not the only fan board with this issue. I am pretty sure it's pretty mild compared to some of the boards I have read. It's a bit of a tight small group here and people are comfortable around one another without fear of trolling and call outs.

It's actually a nice thing compared to some boards. Especially some NFL boards.

Edited by IheartVolt
  • Like 3

That reads like I am suggesting you have never been on another board before bro, bit that's not what I was trying to articulate. Just my observation of things here is all

Edited by IheartVolt

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, IheartVolt said:

Well I assure you that The Squawk is not the only fan board with this issue. I am pretty sure it's pretty mild compared to some of the boards I have read. It's a bit of a tight small group here and people are comfortable around one another without fear of trolling and call outs.

It's actually a nice thing compared to some boards. Especially some NFL boards.

Yeah you're probably right but the Randy Moss of basketball thread is a bit much on any message board for a guy with Reddish's credentials coming out of College

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1