• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

Just now, Peoriabird said:

This isn't knee jerk...He has Tarean Prince disease except he has more skill.  You don't develop the right mentality by playing the wrong way night after night.  Trae takes ill advise shots on a regular basis and so does Prince.  What has Prince learned over the years by playing more games without being check?  Absolutely nothing!!!!!  Pierce needs to break these bad habit now and have him watch Lin who plays so much smarter than Trae now. 

Before tonight Trae didn't chuck near as many as suggested.  Just three games ago people were saying Lin was washed up and old.  It's going to be ebb and flow.  When Trae has fallen into bad habits, his coach should be the steady hang.  I've been surprised by how much Trae HASN'T hoisted up 50 footers.  He driving and finishing and getting assist.  I'll take this as a rookie while expecting coach to coach him up.  Prince? Meh.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Before tonight Trae didn't chuck near as many as suggested.  Just three games ago people were saying Lin was washed up and old.  It's going to be ebb and flow.  When Trae has fallen into bad habits, his coach should be the steady hang.  I've been surprised by how much Trae HASN'T hoisted up 50 footers.  He driving and finishing and getting assist.  I'll take this as a rookie while expecting coach to coach him up.  Prince? Meh.  

He is shooting close to 30% from 3 but still putting up 6 per game...To me that is chucking

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He is shooting close to 30% from 3 but still putting up 6 per game...To me that is chucking

That's not chucking if they are good shots and he's just missing.   To start this game he was chucking,by the end of it he settled in and was taking good shots.  It seemed like at the beginning he wanted to out duel Kemba.  Trae ain't ready for Kemba right now.  I like for his passing to set up his shots, not the other way around.

Coach will not be benching him for Lin.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

That's not chucking if they are good shots and he's just missing.   To start this game he was chucking,by the end of it he settled in and was taking good shots.  It seemed like at the beginning he wanted to out duel Kemba.  Trae ain't ready for Kemba right now.  I like for his passing to set up his shots, not the other way around.

Either he can't shoot or he is taking bad shots.  In my eyes, he is taking bad shots.  He came into the game shooting 32% from 3 so it isn't just this game.

Just now, marco102 said:

This.  He has work to do but he has not played out of control OKU ball.  He's  already grown so much in a short time.  People said he couldn't finish....doing it...won't average all those assists in the NBA...doing it....defense....needs work....efficiency...need work.  Overall, he's already better than the naysayers predicted with a raised floor.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, deester11 said:

This.  He has work to do but he has not played out of control OKU ball.  He's  already grown so much in a short time.  People said he couldn't finish....doing it...won't average all those assists in the NBA...doing it....defense....needs work....efficiency...need work.  Overall, he's already better than the naysayers predicted with a raised floor.  

No one is complaining about his drives or his defense but his shooting and turn overs are a different story.  He needs to focus on his strengths which are the those drives and passing.  This hero ball has to stop

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Either he can't shoot or he is taking bad shots.  In my eyes, he is taking bad shots.  He came into the game shooting 32% from 3 so it isn't just this game.

He can shoot, but the shots aren't falling.  WTH you expect from a rookie, they have ups and down.  

I gave you an example of chucking, which is what he was doing at the beginning of this game.  If someone passes him the ball and he has his feet set and misses the shots, that's just missing a good shot.   There's a difference in the two.  Trae has taken a lot less of the chucking shots than most of us probably expected. 

If you don't want him taking threes, then say that, but don't say he has poor shot selection all the time, where he just showed excellent shot selection in the previous four or so games.  He was barely even taking threes.   If you are upset over a couple of heaves a game then prepare to be dissappointed with him all season.  I'm just glad he only takes two or three "chucks" a game and not 10.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He can shoot, but the shots aren't falling.  WTH you expect from a rookie, they have ups and down.  

I gave you an example of chucking, which is what he was doing at the beginning of this game.  If someone passes him the ball and he has his feet set and misses the shots, that's just missing a good shot.   There's a difference in the two.  Trae has taken a lot less of the chucking shots than most of us probably expected. 

Trae's 3 point shots aren't coming from an off the ball pass to him.  Trae dribbles pass mid court, dribbles for few seconds and just launches a 35 foot shot on many occasions.  If Baze or Dennis took these kinds of shots and was 0-7 from 3 in any game, there would be massive outrage on this messge board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae's 3 point shots aren't coming from an off the ball pass to him.  Trae dribbles pass mid court, dribbles for few seconds and just launches a 35 foot shot on many occasions.  If Baze or Dennis took these kinds of shots and was 0-7 from 3 in any game, there would be massive outrage on this messge board.

Good things he's only played 10 games at the age of 20. This is just part of having a young future star in his first season.

Would love to find that "edit" button right about now.

woah

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You seem to be missing the point.  How many games has he heaved 7 35 foot three point shots off the dribble or whatever you just said and gone 0-7?  Not just this . 

My point you are acting like this is happening every game.  It has not been consistently happening and the coach should start Lin because of this ONE game. Stop saying he's doing this all season. He does take 1-3 terrible threes a game out of his 15 attempts a game.  I can live with that in his first few games. 

Chris Paul or Step didn't play like this in their 1st 10 games

He's neither of them, so why are you bringing them into the conversation? Curry still to this day has terrible shot selection.  He just makes them. 

Why is it so hard for you to say that you misspoke? Just say Trae took some bad shots this game and ticked you off.

Jesus freaking Christ you are worse than the doctor.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You seem to be missing the point.  How many games has he heaved 7 35 foot three point shots off the dribble or whatever you just said and gone 0-7?  Not just this . 

My point you are acting like this is happening every game.  It has not been consistently happening and the coach should start Lin because of this ONE game. Stop saying he's doing this all season. He does take 1-3 terrible threes a game out of his 15 attempts a game.  I can live with that in his first few games. 

1-5 against NY

0-6 against Chicago

1-6 against Philly

2-8 against Miami

0-7 against Charolette

1-5 against NY

0-6 against Chicago

1-6 against Philly

2-8 against Miami

0-7 against Charolette

And I'm pretty sure the most of those misses were good shots.  Like I said, pull me the video of all his misses and I can guarentee you they are not off the dribble pull ups like you are saying.  

He is missing good shots. Not just chucking them.   That's my freaking point.  You said he was chucking them.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

And I'm pretty sure the most of those misses were good shots.  Like I said, pull me the video of all his misses and I can guarentee you they are not off the dribble pull ups like you are saying.  

He is missing good shots. Not just chucking them.   That's my freaking point.  You said he was chucking them.

Down the stretch against Miami the guy launched 3 bad threes.  Y'all have such short memories

Down the stretch against Miami the guy launched 3 bad threes.  Y'all have such short memories

There were two bad threes against Miami. You sir have the bad memory.  One of the threes he took was because the shot was windind down.   However, you are forgetting the fact he was 9/16 taking good shots outside of that.   So you are mad because of the 19 shots he took 2 were bad shots.  

Okay cool. :).

Just now, marco102 said:

There were two bad threes against Miami. You sir have the bad memory.  One of the threes he took was because the shot was windind down.   However, you are forgetting the fact he was 9/16 taking good shots outside of that.   So you are mad because of the 19 shots he took 2 were bad shots.  

Okay cool. :).

shot clock.

I think we can all agree he takes some dumb 3 attempts. But I think we can also all agree that it doesn't mean he will do this his entire career. It's 10 games in is the main point to me (regardless of his college career, which is only 1 season).

• Like 1