• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe on Trae

AHF

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Imagine that.  They are not instilling good habits.  Who would have ever thought that would happen?

Wrong thread ✋?

• Moderators

Is Trae playing crappy lately.  Yes.  But come on.  We've been missing Collins, Dedmon, and now Prince for extended time.   We have a rookie coach.   We are playing guys with little to no NBA experience rotation minutes nightly (Huerter, Omari, Poythress, Bembry, Dorsey).  And we're surprised that our rookie PG is struggling 15 games in?  Geez.    How about we look at the bright side.  That Trae is obviously the best draft pick we've had since Horford (who contributed to winning right away as a rookie BTW), and has star potential.   If the LAL game had been officiated properly then we would have a W on the road against Lebron too.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Is Trae playing crappy lately.  Yes.  But come on.  We've been missing Collins, Dedmon, and now Prince for extended time.   We have a rookie coach.   We are playing guys with little to no NBA experience rotation minutes nightly (Huerter, Omari, Poythress, Bembry, Dorsey).  And we're surprised that our rookie PG is struggling 15 games in?  Geez.    How about we look at the bright side.  That Trae is obviously the best draft pick we've had since Horford (who contributed to winning right away as a rookie BTW), and has star potential.   If the LAL game had been officiated properly then we would have a W on the road against Lebron too.   

All true. But you know that last sentence is NEVER gonna happen ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae Young is looking more like a back up PG at this point. Neither of the other two picks look very good.

?

29 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I was thinking that Trae was a good shooter with a bad shot selection, but he doesn’t look like a good shooter at all. Good passing and ball handing skills, but a lot of improvement is needed almost everywhere else. Obviously these things can be improved, but he needs reduced playing time for the time being.

25/17 Rollie in his 16th game against a WC contender needs reduced playing time. K ?

Just now, hazer said:

25/17 Rookie in his 16th game against a WC contender needs reduced playing time. K ?

Fixed

2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

I was thinking that Trae was a good shooter with a bad shot selection, but he doesn’t look like a good shooter at all. Good passing and ball handing skills, but a lot of improvement is needed almost everywhere else. Obviously these things can be improved, but he needs reduced playing time for the time being.

Wow...this is as bad as the take on him as a back up.  He did tonight what only 2 other rookies have done in 25 years!  Has he been bad and not shot well lately, yeah. But it'll be good and bad. I'll take what he brings as a starter.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Wow...this is as bad as the take on him as a back up.  He did tonight what only 2 other rookies have done in 25 years!  Has he been bad and not shot well lately, yeah. But it'll be good and bad. I'll take what he brings as a starter.

And was only the 3rd Hawk in history, at any position, at any age, to put up the 25/17 he managed tonight ?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Just now, hazer said:

And was only the 3rd Hawk in history, at any position, at any age, to put up the 25/17 he managed tonight ?

His 17 assists are the highest of ANY player in the NBA so far this season. Imagine what he’s going to do in year 3.

Just now, hazer said:

His 17 assists are the highest of ANY player in the NBA so far this season. Imagine what he’s going to do in year 3.

Colonel Schlenk just drafted us a sooner-than-later nightly double-double PG. And got another lottery pick to go with him for dessert ? 

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

More poor shooting. 8-22.

He is shooting 31% from the field and 18% in 3's. The numbers aren't much better if you go back to the last 10 games.

And somehow he managed what he did?  I don't like the FG %, but give me a PG that still gives his teammates a chance to score and gives them opportunity and I'll take it.  Perhaps you haven't noticed the crappy play we got before Young...

On 11/19/2018 at 8:40 PM, Plainview1981 said:

I would agree but we are tanking anyway so I want him to play

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would agree but we are tanking anyway so I want him to play

I was all for bringing him along slowly, but now I say let him play. He's a lot further along than I thought he would be less than 20 games into the season. I honestly thought he was going to start the season coming off the bench and adjust to the NBA slowly. He's exceeded what I thought he would be at this point. We have a Rookie PG capable of running an offense who makes the players around him better. This is his floor. The only way anybody can be disappointed with him overall up to this point is if they had unreasonable expectations to begin with.

• Like 3