• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe on Trae

AHF

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Donovan Mitchell, Jason Tatum, Simmons, and a host of others all say 'hi!'

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Adding a couple of "nice" FA's isn't going to accelerate the development of those players.  

Ever met anyone who only hears what they want to hear? As if they ignore when they’re called out when they’re wrong, then they’re always right. Someone totally self unaware? Me neither ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ever met anyone who only hears what they want to hear? As if they ignore when they’re called out when they’re wrong, then they’re always right. Someone totally self unaware? Me neither ?

Really?

Ben Simmons sat for a year and is overrated by many.  He still can't shoot, and it really kills how that team is being built.  They had to go out and get Jimmy Butler just to have a chance to make the playoffs this year, and they are still no better than the 5th best team in the East.  If that's the model you want to follow, the Hawks are following it.

Donovan Mitchell was a 3 year player in college and was not a high draft pick.  As good as he was as a rookie, he has regressed in his second season.  

Jayson Tatum has also regressed as his responsibility has increased in his second season.  He's showing the poor shot selection habits he had while at Duke.  He also was better than expected as a rookie because he was lucky enough to go to a veteran lead team that was actually good.  

Those are three very poor examples if you are trying to prove my statement that rookies do not make big immediate impacts wrong.  

The majority of rookies actually have a negative impact on your ability to win.

9 hours ago, macdaddy said:

That was better than i expected when i saw Zach Lowe.   Trae is a streaky shooter and he's taking bad shots.   I honestly don't think his D is all that bad for a small rookie PG.   Maybe I was just expecting worse.  

Trae has done everything he could possibly do to come into this season ready and ball out from the start.   He was physically ready and has the support of his teammates.   We've hit the point where the coaching staff needs to show they know how to help get him to the next levels.   

As was I on his defense. He definitely gives effort. Once his core strength gets up, he will be even better because the effort is there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Agreeable synopsis.  Trae’s like the anti-3&D player lol.  Now a negative WS/48 player along with the Great Taurean Non-Baller Prince.  Doncic has been decent but nothing special with that 1:1 assist to turn.  His size as a great asset compared to Trae’s as a great detriment got this draft day swap looking discouraging to date.

Not to me. He carries our offense atm.

• Premium Member

I say, don't stress too much young fella... just keep playing your game, and if that means taking those 40 footers that you're used to making and that make you deadly, this is the season to get yourself acclimated... go for it.

20 hours ago, KB21 said:

NEWSFLASH!!

It takes time for these young players who are coming into the NBA today to develop their games and become players that can contribute to winning games.  That's the case with ALL young players.  There wasn't a single player drafted in the top 5 that was actually ready for the NBA outside of Luka Doncic.  

With Trae, it is going to take 3-4 years before he is contributing to winning basketball.  Guess what?  Whoever Atlanta takes with their top 4 pick in 2019 is going to take 3-4 years before he is contributing to winning basketball.  

This is about as true as it gets! now you can get lucky and have guy be good immediately unexpectedly like Donovan Mitchell....but yeah 3 -4 years is actually pretty much avg time for players to really start to peak.

A good example is Giannis! Dude avg only 6 points his rookie season and gradually increased his scoring through the next years now he's a walking 25 pt per game the last 2 seasons including this season (years 4 and 5 for him).

Im not worried about Trae Young or any of these young rooks, they still need time.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Suddenly you aren't too busy to come here and post!:cool:

Even though it continues to be flu season ?..

Intersting isn’t it? 

I don’t think that mfker even has a job much less a dr.-Sturt

1 hour ago, hazer said:

That’s why it’s hilarious. 

Remember when Diesel was like this? What did we give him to go away? A cookie ?? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Suddenly you aren't too busy to come here and post!:cool:

I've only seen 12 patients since 8AM this morning.  First day of deer season.  Folks are in the woods, which is where I should be right now but I'm at this dang clinic.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Even though it continues to be flu season ?..

Intersting isn’t it? 

I don’t think that mfker even has a job much less a dr.-Sturt

Remember when Diesel was like this? What did we give him to go away? A cookie ?? 

*throws flag*

Let's calm down. The name calling serves no better purpose than does the offense that brought on the name calling.

And both KB, and for that matter Diesel, have more than earned their right to say whatever they have to say about the Atlanta Hawks through the decades, and the rest of us have more than earned our right to just smile (or grimace) and move on.

*picks up the flag*

• Like 1

Serious discussion though, those who think Trae gives “good effort” on D, what are you seeing that I’m not?  His advanced metrics are a Trae Young strand of hair (rapidly thinning) better that I would’ve expected but still very poor.  I haven’t seen him pressure anyone full, maybe has 1 charge drawn.  Most of his steals have been on-ball which is great but haven’t seen him anticipate anything.  After preseason I figured he be well over 1 a game, yet he’s at .6.  The team has maybe 1 shot clot violation forced, which is usually spearheaded by the PG.  Fill me in.

• Like 1

And anyone starting to think Lloyd’s relationship with Nash gets too much focus and is somehow an erroneous gauge of his basketball acumen ?  I look at Fultz’s epic free throw struggles and can’t really vouch for any past or present members of that staff.

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I look at Fultz’s epic free throw struggles and can’t really vouch for any past or present members of that staff.

How long did he have to work with Fultz? Give Lloyd some time. I’m not saying he’s great or he stinks but he needs some time. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

And anyone starting to think Lloyd’s relationship with Nash gets too much focus and is somehow an erroneous gauge of his basketball acumen ?  I look at Fultz’s epic free throw struggles and can’t really vouch for any past or present members of that staff.

48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How long did he have to work with Fultz? Give Lloyd some time. I’m not saying he’s great or he stinks but he needs some time. 

Yeah, CLP is stil TBD. I need to see a larger body of work before forming an opinion. Nice enough guy, well-liked, sharp dresser, shiny head. He earns a solid “Incomplete” 3 weeks into 1st semester ?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I look at Fultz’s epic free throw struggles and can’t really vouch for any past or present members of that staff.

Whatever happened to Fultz and his shot was/is not on the coaching staff....he andcsome trainer messed with his shot after he got drafted.  He was doing better, then him and the Hanlen guy parted ways and we are seeing what we see today. This looks mental.

The latest being this:

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae Young is looking more like a back up PG at this point. Neither of the other two picks look very good.

Show me a single back up NBA PG averaging 16pts 8ast 3reb in 29mpg

• Like 4