• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So Capela is available....any takers?

JTB

His contract isn't prohibitive particularly for someone who put up 17 and 13 with a block and a half but my assumption is Houston hasn't punted on their championship hopes particularly with GS looking at a transformative summer.  So the issue here is how much immediate value can the Hawks offer Houston, less so about worrying about his numbers being dependent on a high scoring/passing guard (which the Hawks have). 

9 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

His contract isn't prohibitive particularly for someone who put up 17 and 13 with a block and a half but my assumption is Houston hasn't punted on their championship hopes particularly with GS looking at a transformative summer.  So the issue here is how much immediate value can the Hawks offer Houston, less so about worrying about his numbers being dependent on a high scoring/passing guard (which the Hawks have). 

Whoa, just come back in the house disagreeing with kg huh?  Unacceptable.

(yeah, I went 3rd person)

39 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Good question.  I'm not sure if it was TS or LP that said they though Prince was one of the best spot up 3PT shooters in the NBA.  I wonder if Houston would value TP as a 3 and D (enough D for them anyway) player?  To make the money work you'd have to trade Plumlee as well.  And I'd guess they'd want some sort of pick compensation as well.  Still don't know if it would entice them but I'd certainly try it.  

14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Omg. I don’t know Bruno well but he’s not gonna be a Draymond Green and ur anchor. No. I would love to eat crow served by Northcyde, Hazer and whoever but this is rating him unrealistically high. No? Either that or I’m severely flawed in watching any tape on anyone. Prolly the latter. I like my crow spicy 🌶!

That's not what I said though. I didn't say that Fernando was going to be Draymond Green. I said that Fernando and Green could be the defensive anchors of that team.

Fernando is quite possibly a better skilled version of Montrezl Harrell with better defense. So if that's what the Hawks need, there's no need to trade for that type of energy and hustle player.

Remembering once upon a time the Rockets were hard after Baze so even with that ridiculous salary it is still an expiring so maybe that would work either way for them and we end up with the defense of Capela. Less hassle than trying to figure out matching salaries for the trade of Plumlee and if they would accept his expiring or not. The expiring part would be the only possible reason anyone would want Plumlee at this point. How many games has he even played the last four or five years? This idea is not to negate drafting Bruno somewhere in that 10-13 range. Mocks don't mean much and I don't see Bruno lasting into the twenties or even possibly past Boston at 14. Seems like it might be a realistic scenario since they have shown interest in Baze before. Could be just dreaming here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, just come back in the house disagreeing with kg huh?  Unacceptable.

(yeah, I went 3rd person)

Well you shouldn't have summoned me then by saying caviar three times in the mirror.  Don't even whisper escargot now.

• Like 1

Capella is not worth the money and Houston outbid themselves for him last season. Him and CP3 are reportedly gettable but I think Morey dug himself into a financial hole last season. I don't think he had a lot of choices but long term that team is bound to start regressing.

18 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Capella is not worth the money and Houston outbid themselves for him last season. Him and CP3 are reportedly gettable but I think Morey dug himself into a financial hole last season. I don't think he had a lot of choices but long term that team is bound to start regressing.

I disagree. For what he can bring to this team it’s completely worth it in my opinion based on where we stand currently on team salaries...capela is more than worth it honestly especially when plumlee and baze come off the books after next season.

I’m an offense wins championships guy but just because capela  isn’t a great offensive weapon doesn’t mean the players around him can’t make him look great and besides other than the 3 ball....Defensively he’s elite in every way and is everything every nba team looks for in a center in this era.

We already have 3 young special offensively gifted players. 2 of them can be playmakers in young and Huerter (with young being highly gifted in that area)...if John Collins can add some playmaking ability to his game like he said he would this summer, it’s very easy to see capela avg those same 17pts and 12reb numbers here in Atlanta if not better.

Not to mention that the hawks could also be drafting another player who is good at passing the ball in Culver or RJ Barrett. I’m not a RJ Barrett fan and much rather have Culver but look at the possibilities of this starting lineup.....

pg- Trae Young (elite playmaker/shooter with range and franchise cornerstone)

sg- Kevin Huerter (great shooter/very good off ball movements/good passer...hustler on defense)

sf- Culver or RJ Barrett (two of the best wing two way players and wing playmakers in this draft)

pf- John Collins (elite screener in all fazes, great rebounder, highly energetic)

c- Capela (great rebounder, elite defender, very good rim protector)

yeah there’d be enough weapons around  capela to make impact offensively and defensively. That’s a playoff team no doubt next season.

• Like 2

Yeah but when we give up less points and score near the same we end up with forty plus wins right off the bat. Capela's salary early on is negated by the trade of a chunky contract of our own. The big difference is we need defense in the paint and we get it with him day one. 

• Like 2