• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So Capela is available....any takers?

JTB

7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I’m not saying to get Clint but this isn’t accurate... what he does defend and also protect the rim ... Collins doesn’t do this.

Yup and people keep disrespecting how elite of a screener Collins is as well as cutter to the basket when he’s not the screener and the great energy he does around the goal .

And with capela being 25 is it not possible for him to start learning how to shoot the 3 ball or a mid range?..maybe not but I’m over it to be honest. Schlenk probably wouldn’t go after him.

So I’m back to this ....the hawks need to draft jaxson Hayes and start working on his jumpshot immediately. I really believe he’s the only player out there that can be (CAN be) everything hawk fans and schlenk would want in a center here.

....as I’ve said before The biggest issue with this search is trying to find a legit size 7 foot mobile center who can defend in space, switch onto guards on screens, and get back to rim to protect it all while also having the ability to knock down the 3 ball offensively to keep the floor spaced

So basically we (hawks fans and probably schlenk and staff) are looking for a prime jokim Noah/nerlens Noel/capela type with the 3 ball ability LOL ......and that guy currently don’t exist and never really has existed to my knowledge (at least not as a legit 7 footer) therefore I say draft Hayes who’s mobile defensively like those guys above I mentioned and work on his  3 ball immediately!

We are going to have to make that player that center at hawks university cause currently in the nba that type of center doesn’t exist with those  attributes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JTB said:

Yup and people keep disrespecting how elite of a screener Collins is as well as cutter to the basket when he’s not the screener and the great energy he does around the goal .

And with capela being 25 is it not possible for him to start learning how to shoot the 3 ball or a mid range?..maybe not but I’m over it to be honest. Schlenk probably wouldn’t go after him.

So I’m back to this ....the hawks need to draft jaxson Hayes and start working on his jumpshot immediately. I really believe he’s the only player out there that can be (CAN be) everything hawk fans and schlenk would want in a center here.

....as I’ve said before The biggest issue with this search is trying to find a legit size 7 foot mobile center who can defend in space, switch onto guards on screens, and get back to rim to protect it all while also having the ability to knock down the 3 ball offensively to keep the floor spaced

So basically we (hawks fans and probably schlenk and staff) are looking for a prime jokim Noah/nerlens Noel/capela type with the 3 ball ability LOL ......and that guy currently don’t exist and never really has existed to my knowledge (at least not as a legit 7 footer) therefore I say draft Hayes who’s mobile defensively like those guys above I mentioned and work on his  3 ball immediately!

We are going to have to make that player that center at hawks university cause currently in the nba that type of center doesn’t exist with those  attributes.

Not as onboard as you with Hayes but only because will he or when will he really gain the strength needed, coaching should take care of the rawness issue. Absolutely agree with needing a C that can play defense and not just at the rim. Do believe this draft is a part of that somewhere in the first. Interesting that there seemingly is interest in creating a third first rounder which could help secure a youngster big as well. 

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Not as onboard as you with Hayes but only because will he or when will he really gain the strength needed, coaching should take care of the rawness issue. Absolutely agree with needing a C that can play defense and not just at the rim. Do believe this draft is a part of that somewhere in the first. Interesting that there seemingly is interest in creating a third first rounder which could help secure a youngster big as well. 

Yeah I understand...Hayes is very very raw but to me looks like he can gain weight the same way Giannis did if he’s fully committed. ....I actually think he can gain the weight easier than he can get the jumper down but like you said the coaching staff should be able to take care of the rawness issues if they are as good as we hear they are.

• Like 1

I like Capela but I’ve just been spoiled with our shooting from the C position since Al.  The PNP and FT shooting are a dimension I just can’t do without.  Nothing in his stroke or FT shooting to suggest he can add any of that like Ded and Len did so well and rapidly.  Someone is gonna get seduced by his super-sweet deal relative to his raw numbers but he isn’t quite the elite anchor you need next to John and combining their assist:turnover is dreadful.

Brunoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fernandooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (prize fight announcer voice) with the 17th pick!

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Brunoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Fernandooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (prize fight announcer voice) with the 17th pick!

Dude looks/plays so much bigger than 6'10. Is a load. Relentless motor/dawg. Nice shooting form and touch. 3-pt range. Shot blocker. 

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Dude looks/plays so much bigger than 6'10. Is a load. Relentless motor/dawg. Nice shooting form and touch. 3-pt range. Shot blocker. 

That spin move at the :27 second mark. Damn.....

• Moderators

This just shows how much of a dinosaur you are in today's NBA if you only play near the basket.  The fact that he is as good as he is at the things he does but because of his limited range skill set the Rockets are willing to give up on him at age 25 speaks volumes.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:16 AM, JTB said:

Oh, kind of like Dedmon.

4 hours ago, hazer said:

If we land Bruno I might need to throw you a party 🎊 at kg’s cul de! 😂 

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If we land Bruno I might need to throw you a party 🎊 at kg’s cul de! 😂 

I’m chilling the Foady’s of Olde English as we speak 🍻 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Damn u! Let me know when the st ides special brew kiwi 🥝 flavor arrives.

ST Idea omg They still sell that shit? Oh so many damn headaches from that and Boones

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Damn u! Let me know when the st ides special brew kiwi 🥝 flavor arrives.

Schlitz Bull, olde skoo up in here 🐃

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hazer said:

Schlitz Bull, olde skoo up in here 🐃

YE YE! ✊🏾👏👉👌

But before you do it, already know ur gonna, you go in the bathroom 🚽 and fill the balloon 🎈 up to make sure no holes 🕳 #18years #hadufor18years

I mean 😐 ...So Bruno and bottle poppin 🍾 

• Haha 1

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
On 5/31/2019 at 7:28 AM, Thomas said:

Just throwing it out there. We could have both. Two years from now if Bruno is ready or has been ready for thirty minutes a game you can trade Capela with his reasonable contract (18.5 mil in 2021, pretty sure that will be considered reasonable then). We could move our #10 down slightly and take Bruno now and we easily have a strong and much better defensive 48 minutes at C right now and will have kept building for the future with still having Len's three point shot when needed. Would probably help at PF a lot as well. Don't see the point of trading Len with that cheap contract by the way. Would really help balance our roster. We could pic n roll opponents to death on the offensive end.  

This is a great post guy.  Has aged very well.  Len is gone now but one of the needs to be addressed in the offseason is a stretch big and hopefully Bruno develops consistent 3 point shooting

• Thanks 1

Think earlier when Capela's numbers were compared to Len's it was kinda wasting energy to me. Clint has played against starters ninety percent of the time and we know what has happened to Len. Does well against backups and only half the time. Liked Alex some but we are in such better shape now when health arrives.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I love reviving these old threads and seeing how opinions change in a year.  KG, Jaybird...I'm looking at you.

"Sorry, don't know who this kay-g clown is." - Dennis Celery ( it's pronounced suh-lari)

:ninja:

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3