• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade picks 41 and 44

JTB

I've never really understood these type moves, but they happen all the time.  I'd think a good strategy would be to take a lot of 2nd round swings in the same draft to increase the chances you hit a player.  But in truth, a pick like 44 has very little value.  I doubt we've ever picked anyone you could mention after say pick 40.

18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Conditional meaning cash considerations for the most part

But will we ever recoup a pick as well? 

If not, is this shades of A$G?

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

To @kg01 BIL no less.

Gotta toss them a bone.  They in cap heyul.

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Didn't this man just say he didn't want to sell picks? Lol

Eggsactly!!!

1 hour ago, DBac said:

Slick way of saying sold the pick lol

I stand corrected. Apparently the Hawks get the pick anywhere from 31-55. Now on the downside, we just flipped #45 this year for a 7th(?) grader so hard to be too excited.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, txsting said:

I've never really understood these type moves, but they happen all the time.  I'd think a good strategy would be to take a lot of 2nd round swings in the same draft to increase the chances you hit a player.  But in truth, a pick like 44 has very little value.  I doubt we've ever picked anyone you could mention after say pick 40.

2nd rounders do not have a guaranteed pay which means you need roster spots for them.

Unless you sign them to a regular NBA deal or a GL deal, they'd be more than likely be FAs after SL and preseason.

I can't wait for the GL to be such where it's a true minor league.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

"Schlenk" is pig Latin for "liar".

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

To be fair....Schlenk said he didn't WANT to sell the picks. He never said he wouldn't do it.

He said his preference was to keep the pick 'alive' so it could be used in future trades and not just sell it for cash.

Looks like we got both, so great deal.

• Like 2

Guess who else needs to buy some 2nd round picks to fill a roster? The Lakeshow. Worse case if we cannot package them to move back into the 2nd round would be to get some of their 2nd rounders after Bron gets nearer to retirement.

Just now, Buzzard said:

Guess who else needs to buy some 2nd round picks to fill a roster? The Lakeshow. Worse case if we cannot package them to move back into the 2nd round would be to get some of their 2nd rounders after Bron gets nearer to retirement.

Correction: Move back into the 1st round.