• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

38 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I hate to break up the love fest but I’m obligated to lend career perspective and balance (courtesy of statmuse):

IMG_1141.thumb.jpeg.5e32a205e093681c66eb10112e44e681.jpeg

IMG_1142.thumb.jpeg.14c3cb38335d92b95ec999de96e0cdff.jpeg

And that my man is why plus/minus is worthless. At least do on/off and compare to team overall. You will find Trae stand extremely tall. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2023 at 12:25 AM, enrique said:

And that my man is why plus/minus is worthless. At least do on/off and compare to team overall. You will find Trae stand extremely tall. 

His career on per 100 is -.5, squarely in the middle of what  I’ve been declaring his true impact is for 3 years.   His on/ off is a mediocre +3.3 mainly due to horrible BU PG options outside of Delon.  But “Superstar!”

Anyway, back to some real original analysis.  Trae takes a corner three once every 4 or 5 games shooting a whooping .464.  When is his IQ gonna level up to taking advantage of arguably the game’s most valuable shot?

On 12/23/2023 at 12:28 AM, Diesel said:

image.png

Tyrese Haliburton is -503...   I think @benhillboy is on to something.  Tyrese should not be allowed near an allstar game.

Yeah.. THESE BS STATS.  Stop Littering!!!

I’m fully aware of Haliburton’s and SGA’s poor career +/-.   You know I don’t rely on one metric.  Check their WS/48, on/ off, and net ratings this season.  Most are out of reach of anything Trae is capable of with far younger and/ or lower paid teammates.

And when yall laugh/ dismiss serious basketball conversation (and stats that every outlet follows) it just reeks of deflecting hurt.  But I’m talking to folks who totally dismiss the fact that he leads the entire planet in turnovers since he arrived yet has none of the size or athletic advantages that all the other players who turn over a lot have.

I know yall live and die with other peoples opinions of Trae but just ignore me instead.

Edited by benhillboy

I can accept and rationalize stats for my favorite players good and bad, y’all should do the same. Jimmy’s playoff +/- is only +26 as dominant as he’s been the past couple (career regular +/- +2128)  Steph is on pace for his worst healthy on/off by far this season at -7.2 (career +5691).

You +/- and advanced metrics non-believers will come around at some point trust me.  After Trae retires most likely.

Edited by benhillboy

22 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m fully aware of Haliburton’s and SGA’s poor career +/-.   You know I don’t rely on one metric.  Check their WS/48, on/ off, and net ratings this season.  Most are out of reach of anything Trae is capable of with far younger and/ or lower paid teammates.

And when yall laugh/ dismiss serious basketball conversation (and stats that every outlet follows) it just reeks of deflecting hurt.  But I’m talking to folks who totally dismiss the fact that he leads the entire planet in turnovers since he arrived yet has none of the size or athletic advantages that all the other players who turn over a lot have.

I know yall live and die with other peoples opinions of Trae but just ignore me instead.

[]. I don't like this team at all. Everyone can go to me if it makes us a potential contender. 

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’m fully aware of Haliburton’s and SGA’s poor career +/-.

If you knew that, then you would realize that the stats that you paraded around this thread and littered this thread with is totally meaningless.  So now you want to bring in more stats that I haven't shot down yet.  Instead of jumping from meaningless stat to meaningless stat.. Let's have a proper funeral for this one.

631898?$pdpMedium$&fmt=auto&qlt=default

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/24/2023 at 8:58 AM, benhillboy said:

I can accept and rationalize stats for my favorite players good and bad, y’all should do the same. Jimmy’s playoff +/- is only +26 as dominant as he’s been the past couple (career regular +/- +2128)  Steph is on pace for his worst healthy on/off by far this season at -7.2 (career +5691).

You +/- and advanced metrics non-believers will come around at some point trust me.  After Trae retires most likely.

Who is the best player Trae Young has ever played with?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

shameful we only managed 4 wins. 

Yeah these past 8 games were a soft spot in the schedule before a gauntlet in January.  The strength of schedule before the Cavs game was 7th.  It’s now 20th and the Hawks still lost significant ground 🙁

The 4 game losing streak didn’t do them any favors at all.  If they can somehow beat OKC to start the new year though I’ll damn near forgive all of the losing (2 losses to the hampered heat most notably)

Trae has been at 40 minutes per the last 5 games.  Hawks gotta get a capable BU in here asap.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Looking at this brass though I’m not holding my breath on any significant, obviously improving moves.  Need more yachts and land acquisitions!

Most teams have a couple players at the end of their bench with great metrics.  I need a barf bag looking at how the Hawks fleshed out their roster.  On what planet should Patty be making $7 milly?  Thank goodness for Jalen wildly outplaying his rookie deal.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4