• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

I've seen enough to finally say it.  The sample size can't be ignored.  We tried to deny it during the regular season because it didn't make sense, but watching Memphis destroy GS w/o Ja Morant shows me they are a better team without him.

Some won't like it, but they just play better team ball without him and their defense is superb.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I've seen enough to finally say it.  The sample size can't be ignored.  We tried to deny it during the regular season because it didn't make sense, but watching Memphis destroy GS w/o Ja Morant shows me they are a better team without him.

Some won't like it, but they just play better team ball without him and their defense is superb.

That and Mike Brown, yeech. This is what the Kings have to look forward to....🤢

• Haha 1

• Moderators
12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks legend weighs in, lolololol.

LOL.  That's hilarious.   Yeah and how did Mike Brown get another job?   Sac just wants to remain in obscurity. 

I'm guessing this was the biggest defeat in playoff history maybe?   Certainly will likely be the biggest defeat by a team that ultimately loses the series (let's hope).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Today's the day we remind all these folks that bought into the 'process' in PHI how big a fail it was.

A guy was on NBARadio years ago, PHI fan, talking about how the Iguodala teams were in NBA purgatory and how "just" getting to the 2nd round was terrible.  Always cited Hawks teams as treadmill teams, etc.

I wanna ask that dude to tell me how muh a** taste now that it's clear PHI is all about that treadmill.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Today's the day we remind all these folks that bought into the 'process' in PHI how big a fail it was.

A guy was on NBARadio years ago, PHI fan, talking about how the Iguodala teams were in NBA purgatory and how "just" getting to the 2nd round was terrible.  Always cited Hawks teams as treadmill teams, etc.

I wanna ask that dude to tell me how muh a** taste now that it's clear PHI is all about that treadmill.

I’d also like to add f$ck FakeGM. :indifferent:

I’ll be ready on Sunday …

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, macdaddy said:

LOL.  That's hilarious.   Yeah and how did Mike Brown get another job?   Sac just wants to remain in obscurity. 

I'm guessing this was the biggest defeat in playoff history maybe?   Certainly will likely be the biggest defeat by a team that ultimately loses the series (let's hope).

If I’m a Sac fan I need a word with Vivek Rando..randa… WHERES VIVEK! SHOW ME VIVEK!

Ps I have a bad association with Vivek’s. We had an annoying one in high school and he talks smacks to the point I climbed over the tennis net to fight kick his a$$ and unfortunately our coach saw it and kicked me off the team. Which is why I only played a year and a half of tennis 🎾.

#f*ckviveksingeneral :laugh1:

This is not cool. I wish Vivek ran the damn scrubs instead.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d also like to add f$ck FakeGM. :indifferent:

I’ll be ready on Sunday …

Exactly.

Also need to add that it's still true that the "lowly" Hawks have tanked and been to the conference Finals twice since the start of Philly's "process".

So they can put that in their cheesesteaks and schmoke it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Exactly.

Also need to add that it's still true that the "lowly" Hawks have tanked and been to the conference Finals twice since the start of Philly's "process".

:laugh1: Yup. 

Current mood on teams left in the playoffs..

image.gif.bdc227be44b4855b463c6403e6b09ef4.gif

#weneedTHEFREAK

#wishGianniswasWESTCOAST

• Like 2

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Exactly.

Don't get Doc riled up!

tenor.gif?itemid=15428199

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Don't get Doc riled up!

tenor.gif?itemid=15428199

This is funny but kinda sad. Dude looks like he’s about to have a mental breakdown soon. The media is pissing people off lol. Anyone notice reporters lately having a lot more confidence as in ballsy questions and kinda IN YOUR FACE. .

We need a Bobby Bonilla break here. :laugh1:

• Premium Member

Sooo....Patrick Beverly!!!

Is he just auditioning for his post playing career with his takes?

.......but for a guy that has done nothing in his NBA career that deserves any mention, he talks a lot for no good reason. (And I'm no CP3 fan)

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sooo....Patrick Beverly!!!

Is he just auditioning for his post playing career with his takes?

.......but for a guy that has done nothing in his NBA career that deserves any mention, he talks a lot for no good reason. (And I'm no CP3 fan)

Agree but the whole segment is actually kind of interesting.  To me the big points weren't that CP3 is a bad defender.  Beverly made two really interesting takes

1. That CP3 doesn't get the slander from the media that other guys, pg, simmons, etc. get for playoff failings 

2. The league let's CP3 foul like crazy and that's why he's known as a good defender. 

The second one wasn't even said as a big accusation but more as just a casual observation that everyone in the league recognizes.   

It's really sad that the players now just openly say that it's a corruptly officiated league.  

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 11:20 PM, macdaddy said:

Agree but the whole segment is actually kind of interesting.  To me the big points weren't that CP3 is a bad defender.  Beverly made two really interesting takes

1. That CP3 doesn't get the slander from the media that other guys, pg, simmons, etc. get for playoff failings 

2. The league let's CP3 foul like crazy and that's why he's known as a good defender. 

The second one wasn't even said as a big accusation but more as just a casual observation that everyone in the league recognizes.   

It's really sad that the players now just openly say that it's a corruptly officiated league.  

I wouldn't call it "corrupt", but it's certainly biased to a point where it taints results.  Corruption suggests there's some plan to profit from it.  I dont think the league cares, monetarily, who wins.  They get paid either way.

However, they do prop up certain players through, among other things, odd enforcement of rules and Paul is a huge benefactor in that (defensively).

The first point, which is a separate issue, is another salient one.  Paul's playoff failures are completely ignored especially as compared to the 'slander' other players get.  He's allegedly an all time great but has a sketchy postseason history that gets glossed over. 

I was told the playoffs matter more, right?  Well why, for Paul, is there an outsized emphasis on his reg season play in assessing him as a player?  Said another way, why do people just wrote off the fact that he's only been past the 2nd round once despite having supposedly talented teams?  Most pin it on Rivers but Paul should shoulder blame as well.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I wouldn't call it "corrupt", but it's certainly biased to a point where it taints results.  Corruption suggests there's some plan to profit from it.  I dont think the league cares, monetarily, who wins.  They get paid either way.

However, they do prop up certain players through, among other things, odd enforcement of rules and Paul is a huge benefactor in that (defensively).

The first point, which is a separate issue, is another salient one.  Paul's playoff failures are completely ignored especially as compared to the 'slander' other players get.  He's allegedly an all time great but has a sketchy postseason history that gets glossed over. 

I was told the playoffs matter more, right?  Well why, for Paul, is there an outsized emphasis on his reg season play in assessing him as a player?  Said another way, why do people just wrote off the fact that he's only been past the 2nd round once despite having supposedly talented teams?  Most pin it on Rivers but Paul should shoulder blame as well.

I think it's definitely corrupt.  They wouldn't do it if they didn't see some monetary benefit, perceived or not.   I agree that they don't really care who wins (unless it's a team without a star but they've made that almost impossible)  but they favor certain players because they want 'superstars' in the league for marketing purposes.    

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I think it's definitely corrupt.  They wouldn't do it if they didn't see some monetary benefit, perceived or not.   I agree that they don't really care who wins (unless it's a team without a star but they've made that almost impossible)  but they favor certain players because they want 'superstars' in the league for marketing purposes.    

I think we're saying basically the same thing but I'm gonna squint real hard and try to split this hair again.

I think it's not corrupt because it doesn't really change the monetary benefit regardless of who wins.  Spurs' run is proof of that.  If it mattered, materially, they never would've won more than one ring.  As it stands, one could make a real argument the league aided them in winning despite no real superstar.  Tim Duncan wasn't sellin' no merch with his face/personality.

Now it's your turn to split the hair again.  I dare ya.

• Moderators
21 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think we're saying basically the same thing but I'm gonna squint real hard and try to split this hair again.

I think it's not corrupt because it doesn't really change the monetary benefit regardless of who wins.  Spurs' run is proof of that.  If it mattered, materially, they never would've won more than one ring.  As it stands, one could make a real argument the league aided them in winning despite no real superstar.  Tim Duncan wasn't sellin' no merch with his face/personality.

Now it's your turn to split the hair again.  I dare ya.

You're on!  Although i don't really understand what point you're making.   If there is no monetary benefit to aiding certain players why do they do it?   I think it's pretty clear that the league believes that it's success is dependent on having marketable stars right.   Success is determined by how much money they make.

So I just out to shoot some hoops at my regular spot and a few guys were playin and we got in a game of  4 on 4. Well one dude on my team decided he was gonna put on an Allen Iverson type dribbling display and dribble the air out of the ball over and over.. like every possession. We still stayed in the game despite the hog. We lost that game and ran it back.

Guess what..

Dude still makin million dollar moves with 0 finishes…

I lost it. I tried to steal the ball from him (ya my own teammate, missed, grab my keys and went on a loud rant yelling “ PASS THE FCKIN BALL!!! IT A TEAM SPORT! JUST LET US TOUCH THE THING BEFORE YOU GO 1-25. (I was 3-5 fg but whose counting). 

Everyone stared at me but knew I was right. 

I almost made a remark about his doo rag but I’m glad I didn’t. It would have gotten off the subject. Lol.

Not my finest moment.

• Haha 2