• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

I know I'm in the minority on this but ya know who I've seen enough of?  The freaking Mempis Grizzlies.

A LOT of talk from a group with exactly one season of good play under their belts.

There's exactly NO evidence what they did last season wasn't an absolute fluke.  Yet they talk as if they got the Warriors' resume.

With apologies to my guy spud, I'm glad the champs are letting the Mempis group know their hollow trash talk carries no weight since it's not backed by any hardware.

Good season, Grizzzzzz ..... but stop with the fake-tough act.  And try and run it back a 2nd season before carrying yourselves like the Bird-era Selltics. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

With apologies to my guy spud,

Accepted. 

I’m not sure I have an opinion here. Warriors talk a lot and I obviously hate their guts, at the same time JJJ is a hothead and acts like he’s better there. 

I dunno, I do know that if I hate Memphis that’s another team on the list of HATE HATE HATE. It’s too much HATE! Yes even for me 😂 

Look, I haven’t boycotted an NBA finals 4 like I did this year EVER in nearly 40 years of watching. 

30. Scrubs

29. Schmelts 

25-28 Mavs

25-28 Heat

I got 2 East and 2 west. I’m trying to not hate any more west as I need all the allies I can get in my personal vendetta feud with the very healthy Warriors. :yes:

I’m gonna need Memphis to combat the scrubs and Mavs… really need them. 

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

A LOT of talk from a group with exactly one season of good play under their belts.

Can you imagine if this was Trae talking all this smack? 

Seems like since Ja has more hops and the highlight dunks he gets a pass.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:28 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Can you imagine if this was Trae talking all this smack? 

Seems like since Ja has more hops and the highlight dunks he gets a pass.

I don't think folks understand just how difficult it's gonna be for MEM to repeat what they just accomplished this past season.  Yet the coronation has already begun.  Literally everything broke their way this year.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm buying popcorn in bulk 'cause watching the flame I expect to happen will be glorious.

And, speaking of popcorn, I'm excited to see what happens in CHA.  With them supposedly desperately trying to jettison Hayward, them being hesitant to match on Bridges, their already circus-inspired HC search, Harrell's drug stuff amidst all the other potential drug stuff they got going on ... sheeeeeesh.  Where's HBO's Hard Knocks when you need 'em?

@Sothron, we know you don't sully your reputation by traipsing in these parts but I'd love to get your thoughts on the guys up I-85.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I don't think folks understand just how difficult it's gonna be for MEM to repeat what they just accomplished this past season.  Yet the coronation has already begun.  Literally everything broke their way this year.

I ain't gonna lie, I'm buying popcorn in bulk 'cause watching the flame I expect to happen will be glorious.

And, speaking of popcorn, I'm excited to see what happens in CHA.  With them supposedly desperately trying to jettison Hayward, them being hesitant to match on Bridges, their already circus-inspired HC search, Harrell's drug stuff amidst all the other potential drug stuff they got going on ... sheeeeeesh.  Where's HBO's Hard Knocks when you need 'em?

@Sothron, we know you don't sully your reputation by traipsing in these parts but I'd love to get your thoughts on the guys up I-85.

The rumors are that Kenny dropped out of being the coach because Jordan told him he had to keep assistant coaches on the staff that still had time left on their contracts. Their contracts are guaranteed so Jordan didn't want to pay fired assistants and then hire a whole new assistant staff. 

The Hornets have a bottom five payroll for assistant coaches in the NBA. If this rumor is true then I don't know what to say. You can't tell a new coach they have to keep the fired head coach's old staff just because we're cheap. Or you CAN say that and watch any coach with talent avoid you like a plague. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 6/19/2022 at 9:52 PM, kg01 said:

I know I'm in the minority on this but ya know who I've seen enough of?  The freaking Mempis Grizzlies.

There's exactly NO evidence what they did last season wasn't an absolute fluke.  Yet they talk as if they got the Warriors' resume.

With apologies to my guy spud, I'm glad the champs are letting the Mempis group know their hollow trash talk carries no weight since it's not backed by any hardware.

Good season, Grizzzzzz ..... but stop with the fake-tough act.  And try and run it back a 2nd season before carrying yourselves like the Bird-era Selltics. 

I agree 100%.  So tired of hearing about and from them when they've done nothing of note.   

And say what you want about the Warriors but Steph just ran through Jokic, Ja, Luka, Tatum like it was easy.  Without KD, without prime Klay.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

He wasn't "hurt" til it was clear the Grizzzz had nothin for the Warriors.  Same as when the Hawks beat dey a** then he had to leave that game hurt(sic). 

The Grindfather begs to differ.

Just now, kg01 said:

On another note, how long before folks start realizing the Thybulle guy is basically Kent Bazemore?

What, no! He’s good! I mean I don’t want him but… ya know someone else might..

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

On another note, how long before folks start realizing the Thybulle guy is basically Kent Bazemore?

By the way Baze could shoot.. lol

14 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What, no! He’s good! I mean I don’t want him but… ya know someone else might..

By the way Baze could shoot.. lol

Is he though?  I know what the eggsperts say, but he's unplayable in important games.  I know the defensive metrics say he's great but is he really?

As burd always points out, he's a guy steal-hunting.  I'll add to that by saying he's also as foul prone as anyone in the league not named Dillon Brooks.  So is he really a good defender?  Magic 8-ball says ...... "Meh, kinda not really if ya actually think about it."

So I round back to the original question, how long before folks realize he's basically Kent Bazemore .. without the shooting (which makes it worse).

• Like 2

Huh 🤔 

i_25_be_b3_kyrie-irving.png?w=190

At the center of it, Murdock pointed out multiple times is the Nets relationship with Irving. “His biggest beef is that he feels that the front office didn’t grow to understand Kyrie, whatever that means. I would push back on that when a guy leaves for two weeks at a time … Kyrie earns the lion’s share of the blame. But I think KD believes that ‘hey, you guys didn’t understand this guy. You didn’t try to figure out where he was coming from.’”

• Confused 1