• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Pierce is just as lost as the rookies are

Bonkers

On 11/17/2019 at 12:51 AM, Bonkers said:

Like I said in the other thread the Hawks are showing EXTREME symptoms of being poorly coached. Pierce clearly doesn't know a damn thing about offense, certain players clearly don't know their roles and I never see any adjustment from Pierce. And some of the lineups he puts on the floor are just asinine!!!

I can't wait until more people remove their lips from Pierce's butt. Just becuz he makes some quips after the game doesn't make him a good coach!!!!

No the Hawks players just don’t know how to play winning basketball. That’s because none of them have been in the league long enough to win & learn. This is all on  Schlenk at the moment. 

• Moderators

As far as rookie minutes go these guys will have played more basketball between october and February than they've probably played the previous 3 years of their life.  The rookie wall is real unless your Trae Young.  Can't roll them out for 35+ minutes a night.    Especially when you are playing 4 games a week and are already short handed. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

LP doesn't know what a screen is smh. Get Trae coming off screens Einstein!!!!

Im 2 years I guarantee LP will be gone. Plz Basketball Gods send us a cerebral Coach

I've seen Trae come off screens, he is not that good at getting separation. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I've seen Trae come off screens, he is not that good at getting separation. 

It’s not often he attempts to come off a screen though but being bad I’m not they worried about...continuously trying would make me happy 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, macdaddy said:

As far as rookie minutes go these guys will have played more basketball between october and February than they've probably played the previous 3 years of their life.  The rookie wall is real unless your Trae Young.  Can't roll them out for 35+ minutes a night.    Especially when you are playing 4 games a week and are already short handed. 

I’m more worried about Trae’s minutes than the rookies’ right now. He looks worn down already. It doesn’t make me happy to say, but we probably need more Tyrone Wallace. At least until we get the band back together.

4 hours ago, Bonkers said:

LP doesn't know what a screen is smh. Get Trae coming off screens Einstein!!!!

Im 2 years I guarantee LP will be gone. Plz Basketball Gods send us a cerebral Coach

Bud was an offensive guru and I remember you trying to run him out of town as well. Be careful what you wish for. (though I'm still happy to have LP)

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, High5 said:

Bud was an offensive guru and I remember you trying to run him out of town as well. Be careful what you wish for. (though I'm still happy to have LP)

Bud wore out his welcome too. And when it was clear the team was rebuilding and he clearly didn't like playing rookies + the whole BudCox fiasco he had to go

Or am I lying

And here is another thing that is fascinating

That 13 win team had an SRS(Simple Rating System) of -9.62(30th out of 30)

This team has an SRS of -7.73(27th out of 30) and getting worse every game

I won't be surprised if this team surpasses the 13 win team in that rating

SRS - Simple Rating System; a rating that takes into account average point differential and strength of schedule. The rating is denominated in points above/below average, where zero is average.

LLoyd has cost this team the last two games. Vs the Raps and Vs the Wolves. 

We were winning both games, and LP continued to go to really bad players and REALLY REALLY bad lineups. 

He doesn't understand how to utilize players effectively or how to set rotations for max value. It's like he doesn't even watch the game. He also doesn't know how to use coaches challenges and he clearly doesn't use an analytics person on staff. 

It's VERY low quality coaching. The roster is bad, yes. But the coaching is MUCH MUCH WORSE. Bad roster= understandable. But these last few losses are 100% solely on bad coaching. 

LP is dogdoodoo. I'd rather have any one of you squawkers coach the hawks than LP. He should only be an assistant coach. Dude is not HC material. At all. Disgusting. This season is already over because of LP.

Is he our tank commander? Are we losing on purpose? Only legitimate excuse I can thinkof. 

• Moderators

Saying that we've lost these games or the season is over "solely" due to coaching is badly overstating things.  This team wasn't going to have a great record to start with.  Between the injuries and schedule, we are in a position almost designed to lead to a streak of losses.  Until JC returns, I don't expect that to change much.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Saying that we've lost these games or the season is over "solely" due to coaching is badly overstating things.  This team wasn't going to have a great record to start with.  Between the injuries and schedule, we are in a position almost designed to lead to a streak of losses.  Until JC returns, I don't expect that to change much.   

100%.  We need both Trae AND Collins active to win games  Look at our first 5 games this year, look at our record before Collins last year.  We essentially have zero production outside of those 2 players.  Everyone else is a rookie or journeyman.  

I think we are a playoff team this year if the team was healthy and no JC suspension.  Next year we will have a ton of assets and can trade for some proven guys like Dallas did last year.  

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 1