• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Pierce is just as lost as the rookies are

Bonkers

• Moderators

There's literally zero examples of a team this young being extremely successful, especially missing 2 of their best players.  You can't really judge a coach in this situation on anything but improvement, competitiveness, and effort.  I see those things everywhere.   

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, Bonkers said:

Y'all really don't get it lol

I'm not talking about youth, i'm not talking about missing players or any of that

I'M TALKING ABOUT BASKETBALL TACTICS!!!

2nd year on your job....were you still learning?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'm not talking about youth, i'm not talking about missing players or any of that

Popovich is currently 14th in the west

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Inconsistent tactics as that.  I'm not completely down on LP, seeing that he is a 2nd year coach.  But there are signs that are showing that he's better at the "development" side, than the "in-game" tactics side of basketball.

If he's about development, then play Bruno just as much as the other rookies, and let the chips fall where they may.  But if he's actually trying to win some of these games, then make the correct personnel moves and stick with lineups that are actually working.

For the first time ever, he really p*ssed me off last night.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Inconsistent tactics as that.  I'm not completely down on LP, seeing that he is a 2nd year coach.  But there are signs that are showing that he's better at the "development" side, than the "in-game" tactics side of basketball.

If he's about development, then play Bruno just as much as the other rookies, and let the chips fall where they may.  But if he's actually trying to win some of these games, then make the correct personnel moves and stick with lineups that are actually working.

For the first time ever, he really p*ssed me off last night.  

I think some of Bruno's +/- success is that Brown has chosen less challenging situations for him than the starters face but the reality is that he is +1.4 now 14 games into the season (2nd best among regular rotation players on the team) while Jones is -6.0 and Len is -7.6.  

He needs to start giving Bruno more run to see if this is real over a broader data set and because he is the only one of those 3 with a potentially significant role for the future of this team.  I'm with you on the #FreeBruno campaign at this point.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think some of Bruno's +/- success is that Brown has chosen less challenging situations for him than the starters face but the reality is that he is +1.4 now 14 games into the season (2nd best among regular rotation players on the team) while Jones is -6.0 and Len is -7.6.  

He needs to start giving Bruno more run to see if this is real over a broader data set and because he is the only one of those 3 with a potentially significant role for the future of this team.  I'm with you on the #FreeBruno campaign at this point.

If this is an airing of grievances against LP, I'll just ask the question that's been on my mind. Has he used a coaches challenge yet? I don't recall it if so and yet every game there's seemingly a call that goes against ATL that replays show absolutely no contact (the trip last night for instance was called a foul by Jones and he didn't touch the guy).  Maybe I've missed it but that's one thing that I've been curious about lately.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

If this is an airing of grievances against LP, I'll just ask the question that's been on my mind. Has he used a coaches challenge yet? I don't recall it if so and yet every game there's seemingly a call that goes against ATL that replays show absolutely no contact (the trip last night for instance was called a foul by Jones and he didn't touch the guy).  Maybe I've missed it but that's one thing that I've been curious about lately.  

Yes 

5 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I'm not talking about youth, I'm not talking about missing players or any of that

I'm TALKING ABOUT BASKETBALL TACTICS!!!

I Accept, I'll commit to train under Popovich's schemes. 

Let's watch how that takes off.

Since this a LP sucks thread 😂 (not that I believe that as I’m aware this is his first head coach gig, so mistakes will be made)

however one thing that pissed me off (I was in attendance for yesterday’s hawks vs bucks game)...and it was no secret our rooks were “having themselves a night!” as Rathbun would put it but I noticed the rooks didn’t play as long during the game and then looking at the end of game stats and seeing both only played 28 minutes I was a bit pissed about that!

trae finally get some wing help and LP only plats them 28 minutes. LP has to learn when to just let the young guys go! I recall last season saying the same thing as it felt like at times when trae had it going he’d pull him! Smh

but I understand LP is young as well and other then the handcuffs he has on Bruno this is a flaw I think he’s doing perhaps by mistake....now if those rooks are still on minute restrictions disregard but they sure look healthy to me to log at minimum 35 minutes a night 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Since this a LP sucks thread 😂 (not that I believe that as I’m aware this is his first head coach gig, so mistakes will be made)

however one thing that pissed me off (I was in attendance for yesterday’s hawks vs bucks game)...and it was no secret our rooks were “having themselves a night!” as Rathbun would put it but I noticed the rooks didn’t play as long during the game and then looking at the end of game stats and seeing both only played 28 minutes I was a bit pissed about that!

trae finally get some wing help and LP only plats them 28 minutes. LP has to learn when to just let the young guys go! I recall last season saying the same thing as it felt like at times when trae had it going he’d pull him! Smh

but I understand LP is young as well and other then the handcuffs he has on Bruno this is a flaw I think he’s doing perhaps by mistake....now if those rooks are still on minute restrictions disregard but they sure look healthy to me to log at minimum 35 minutes a night 

I think we wants them to prove they could handle more mins like he did with Trae. 

• Like 3