• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae

NBASupes

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Luka has been nothing short of an elite top 5 player in the bubble while we didn't even qualify. I don't know why it's so hard for us to accept that Luka is like just better. 

Don't start this BS @NBASupes.  If Trae was in the bubble, with no travel and rested legs, no telling what type of numbers he'd be putting up. 

Luka was magnificent tonight, but to say Luka will always be better than Trae is crazy.  You don't know Luka could get injury prone. He may remain a 32% three point shooter and poor free through shooter.  The chances of that are slim, but you never know.  

What if Trae becomes Steph Curry elite from deep, with his Harden ability to draw files.  You don't know how good either will be so don't speak in absolutes.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Don't start this BS @NBASupes.  If Trae was in the bubble, with no travel and rested legs, no telling what type of numbers he'd be putting up. 

Luka was magnificent tonight, but to say Luka will always be better than Trae is crazy.  You don't know Luka could get injury prone. He may remain a 32% three point shooter and poor free through shooter.  The chances of that are slim, but you never know.  

What if Trae becomes Steph Curry elite from deep, with his Harden ability to draw files.  You don't know how good either will be so don't speak in absolutes.

We know what Luka is doing and we know what he was doing. I don't see why it's so hard for our fanbase to accept the obvious. Luka is flat out better. 

Bigger 

Stronger

Taller

Better movement skills

Superior decision maker

Always making the right reads

On defense, he ain't no good but he's not a sieve either. 

He's the white Harden. No way you can say Trae is better than that. 

Marco, you have been the king of Trae is as good or better than Luka train and I honestly don't know how. Luka is just better. It's not that he's a great offensive player, he's an exceptional offensive player. He will be an ATG. Unquestionably 

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Thank you. It’s all about opportunity. 

That's not as much of an excuse as it highlights a problem and one that Trae has to accept. If you are so good, why aren't you leading this team to wins. You gotta win games.

Edited by NBASupes

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We know what Luka is doing and we know what he was doing. I don't see why it's so hard for our fanbase to accept the obvious. Luka is flat out better. 

Bigger 

Stronger

Taller

Better movement skills

Superior decision maker

Marco, you have been the king of Trae is as good or better than Luka train and I honestly don't know how. Luka is just better. It's not that he's a great offensive player, he's an exceptional offensive player. He will be an ATG. Unquestionably 

Okay....I'm not the king of Trae is better or as good as Luka. 

You are saying TRAE will NEVER be as good as Luka. YOU DON"T KNOW THAT! Is all I'm saying, but go on, I guess?

You are entitled to your opinion.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 2

Just so we are clear, this ain't no Mavs-Hawks trade thread. I think we did well in the trade considering how I feel about both Cam Reddish and Trae Young. 

This is about Trae against Luka. It's not close. Luka is just a better player. 

As far as idiots on the Trade in general. Let them feel otherwise about it. Cam Reddish will be a star and potential superstar and until that happens, it will be Trae v. Luka in their view point and it's simply not a debate at this time. When it becomes a debate meaning Cam gets closer to his prime, I honestly think we won the trade. 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

Just so we are clear, this ain't no Mavs-Hawks trade thread. I think we did well in the trade considering how I feel about both Cam Reddish and Trae Young. 

This is about Trae against Luka. It's not close. Luka is just a better player. 

And Obi Toppin will never be as good as John Collins, but that's a conversation for another day.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

And Obi Toppin will never be as good as John Collins, but that's a conversation for another day.

That statement and this Trae is better than Luka thing will be your demise. I would like to see Trae be better than Luka and John be better than Obi career wise if those other two aren't Hawks as I am a Hawks fan but I am realistic. Obi is a superior offensive talent as is Luka to Trae. His size just gives him a lot more options than Trae has. Trae has to become an elite shooter to make up the difference. 

For Obi, he's just a superior offensive talent and mind compared to John. I don't see this being an even matchup at all potentially speaking.

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, NBASupes said:

That statement and this Trae is better than Luka thing will be your demise. I would like to see Trae be better than Luka and John be better than Obi career wise if those other two aren't Hawks as I am a Hawks fan but I am realistic. Obi is a superior offensive talent as is Luka to Trae. He's size just gives him a lot more options than Trae has.

Trust me. That statement isn't killing me. I'm still alive and well after it. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Trust me. That statement isn't killing me. I'm still alive and well after it. 

Lol, I didn't mean literally, I meant your reputation. You are riding on this train that Trae is as good or better than Luka when that's not the case at all. The Obi thing is where your likely to have more support but I am telling you, that this is wrong from my perspective 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, I didn't mean literally, I meant your reputation. You are riding on this train that Trae is as good or better than Luka when that's not the case at all. The Obi thing is where your likely to have more support but I am telling you, that this is wrong from my perspective 

We can agree to disagree. Not saying Luka isn't better than Trae, just saying you can't say Luka will always be better than Trae becuse you don't know.  No one saw eithers improvement this season coming. That's all I'm saying, if you think someone saying something absolute about the future is cool, then that's fine. I just don't think that way.  The future is unkown. I have a problem with your use of "ALWAYS".  That's it. 

But have a good night.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

We can agree to disagree. Not saying Luka isn't better than Trae, just saying you can't say Luka will always be better than Trae becuse you don't know.  No one saw eithers improvement this season coming. That's all I'm saying, if you think someone saying something absolute about the future is cool, then that's fine. I just don't think that way.  The future is unkown. I have a problem with your use of "ALWAYS".  That's it. 

But have a good night.

Trae has such a limited area where he can be better and that all comes down to him being an elite shooter who keeps the same volume. He basically needs to shoot as good as this year's Lillard. While Luka just needs to keep doing what he's doing.

He doesn't even have to improve all that much. Luka creation, finishing, offensive versatility, decision making, and movement gives him a massive offensive advantage over Young. What keeps Young in the convo is his insane playmaking ability off of PnR and ISO situations, otherwise, this would be a run away more than it already is.

Like I said, this doesn't impact team success or the trade but if we are talking about Trae v. Luka. Its Luka by a large margin. It could be larger if Luka was a much better shooter. Just imagine if Luka shot as well as Trae. I don't know if Trae could catch him even if Trae shot like Lillard. He would have to shoot like Steph and with his lack of movement skills and Steph like stamina, that's unrealistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He would have to shoot like Steph and with his lack of movement skills and Steph like stamina, that's unrealistic.

Yup 👍🏾 we better trade him for Jordan Poole. 😐

Supes, you keep me middle aged lol 😂 I’ll say that. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup 👍🏾 we better trade him for Jordan Poole. 😐

Supes, you keep me middle aged lol 😂 I’ll say that. 

Ya'll really tripping. I clearly think the world of Trae but we are directly comparing him to Luka Doncic

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae has such a limited area where he can be better and that all comes down to him being an elite shooter who keeps the same volume. He basically needs to shoot as good as this year's Lillard. While Luka just needs to keep doing what he's doing.

He doesn't even have to improve all that much. Luka creation, finishing, offensive versatility, decision making, and movement gives him a massive offensive advantage over Young. What keeps Young in the convo is his insane playmaking ability off of PnR and ISO situations, otherwise, this would be a run away more than it already is.

Like I said, this doesn't impact team success or the trade but if we are talking about Trae v. Luka. Its Luka by a large margin. It could be larger if Luka was a much better shooter. Just imagine if Luka shot as well as Trae. I don't know if Trae could catch him even if Trae shot like Lillard. He would have to shoot like Steph and with his lack of movement skills and Steph like stamina, that's unrealistic.

I also question Trae's room for growth. Being a smaller guy, it's going to really hard to augment his game. The place he does have room for growth is playing off the ball, but Trae honestly just isn't good at that. 

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bigger 

Stronger

Taller

Better movement skills

Superior decision maker

Luka appears to be more impactful in terms of winning, but it's still early in their careers. But Luka might actually be better than Harden, he's certainly a better passer and rebounder. He's more of a LeBron-lite (on offense).