• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae

NBASupes

I was wrong to say he's better, Luka is much better. Sorry but the guy is Basketball Messi. Yeah, we f***ed up. Glad we got Trae and Cam but we are going to need more than we got now. I hope we get Obi Toppin. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was wrong to say he's better, Luka is much better. Sorry but the guy is Basketball Messi. Yeah, we f***ed up. Glad we got Trae and Cam but we are going to need more than we got now. I hope we get Obi Toppin. 

🤔 I dunno man. I still think it’s because Luka is playing and Trae isn’t. What pick do we have to get in ur mind to be in Toppin range. 4-6?

• Like 2

We also traded Pau Gasol in 2001 who was the 3rd pick. We actually were in the 5th slot and moved up into the top 3 with some lotto luck. We traded it for SAR but I wonder would the Grizz accepted the #5 pick for SAR or were they doing it based on targeting Gasol and only wanting him? 

Wonder if they hadn’t accepted the 5th pick, would we have kept the pick? We were trying to vet up but if another vet wasn’t available in equal talent to a 5th pick, would we have possibly kept it and drafted Jason Richardson or Shane Battier. We had the jet Terry but we still should have gone BPA at 5, although I don’t remember which other vets were dealt that year or again if any in value range for a 5th pick or maybe still SAR and Grizz would have had back to back picks at 5 and 6 that year like Minny did 4 and 5 back to back with Rubio and Flynn.

@NBASupesany info on the 2001 Gasol trade. Did they target Gasol or were they interested in just getting rid of SAR and even if we hadn’t moved up they would have accepted the 5th pick? Shed any light 💡 on the topic here. 🤔 

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🤔 I dunno man. I still think it’s because Luka is playing and Trae isn’t. What pick do we have to get in ur mind to be in Toppin range. 4-6?

After Ball(trade down) and Ant. It's Toppin and Okoro for me. I get it for either one. Toppin for win now and Okoro for long term. After that, it don't really matter. I like OO, Deni, and the PG's (Hali, Hayes, and Anthony). 

3/4 for me. It just depends. A combo of Collins/Toppin is a good look. I like Toppin/Dedmon a lot more than Skal/Dedmon. 

Luka is the real deal. He's a legit superstar right now. I can't even front on him. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

We also traded Pau Gasol in 2001 who was the 3rd pick. We actually were in the 5th slot and moved up into the top 3 with some lotto luck. We traded it for SAR but I wonder would the Grizz accepted the #5 pick for SAR or were they doing it based on targeting Gasol and only wanting him? 

Wonder if they hadn’t accepted the 5th pick, would we have kept the pick? We were trying to vet up but if another vet wasn’t available in equal talent to a 5th pick, would we have possibly kept it and drafted Jason Richardson or Shane Battier. We had the jet Terry but we still should have gone BPA at 5, although I don’t remember which other vets were dealt that year or again if any in value range for a 5th pick or maybe still SAR and Grizz would have had back to back picks at 5 and 6 that year like Minny did 4 and 5 back to back with Rubio and Flynn.

@NBASupesany info on the 2001 Gasol trade. Did they target Gasol or were they interested in just getting rid of SAR and even if we hadn’t moved up they would have accepted the 5th pick? Shed any light 💡 on the topic here. 🤔 

That one was worse because Gasol was a legit All Star and #2 option. SAR was an empty stat guy that got blocked a lot to me. I hated him like @AHF hates Marbury. 

Battier would have been huge. What would have been better is getting Dwight in 2004. 

That was way before my time in terms of contacts. I didn't start getting contacts till 2007. It was the Amar'e failed trade. We also had a Steph failed trade too. 

I disagree with the Mavs roster being anything better than mediocre.  

I wouldn’t want any of their players in their role except Seth.  I’d love Kleber as a super sub (same with the missing Powell) and Burke as a 3rd PG would be quite luxurious.  After that nah.   Collins is more impactful than Kristaps IMO and Cam will be better than all their wings combined in a couple years: we know Junior is a roller coaster, Finney-Smith merely a good 3-D glue man, I’ve always been straight on Kidd-Gilchrist.   Luka is the sole reason for their “greatest offensive rating ever” business IMO.

• Moderators
On 8/20/2020 at 1:37 AM, Spud2nique said:

This^.   Luka is great no doubt but Trae was putting up monster games consistently this season.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Lukas weight is going to be a problem on that num ankle going forward. Idk why the Clippers dont go right at him right now

Luka went back out to get his tripple double and left the game. I never want hear Lukastans talk about stat padding again.

• Haha 2

On 8/19/2020 at 9:27 PM, bleachkit said:

Mavs have tied this thing up! Go Mavs and Luka!

Well you sure jinxed them. Lol. Nice 👍🏾 work! Lumbering Luka looks like a grizzled 17 year vet on his last leg 🦵 out there. He’s gonna have the body of Vlade Divac in 4 years, possibly sooner.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:59 PM, NBASupes said:

Luka’s body is gonna break down. His basketball body genes 🧬 are freakin horrendous. I dunno man, I’m waaaay happy with Trae and Cam. If I could go back I still take Trae and Cam. I love what’s coming. Schlenk is a genius at drafting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Luka’s body is gonna break down. His basketball body genes 🧬 are freakin horrendous. I dunno man, I’m waaaay happy with Trae and Cam. If I could go back I still take Trae and Cam. I love what’s coming. Schlenk is a genius at drafting.

Because he had a sprained ankle? Steph Curry was plagued by ankle sprains early in his career and went on to win Championships and MVPs. You have no clue what Luka's genes are, youre probably just saying that because he's White. Luka is not fat, he's naturally thick like James Harden. Luka is set up nicely to have a long successful career, and probably be one of the best players of his generation.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:44 PM, benhillboy said:

I disagree with the Mavs roster being anything better than mediocre.  

I wouldn’t want any of their players in their role except Seth.  I’d love Kleber as a super sub (same with the missing Powell) and Burke as a 3rd PG would be quite luxurious.  After that nah.   Collins is more impactful than Kristaps IMO and Cam will be better than all their wings combined in a couple years: we know Junior is a roller coaster, Finney-Smith merely a good 3-D glue man, I’ve always been straight on Kidd-Gilchrist.   Luka is the sole reason for their “greatest offensive rating ever” business IMO.

Their roster is not nearly as good as the Clippers. Clippers are so ridiculously deep. On papers the series should be a sweep.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

On papers the series should be a sweep.

You know who brings this kinda thing up when they are losing? Losers. The Mavs are toast and Luka isn’t built like Harden, he’s built more like the guy currently trying to charge me $2.95 for a croissant 🥐 RIDICULOUS I TELL YA! 😃 

• Haha 1