• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae

NBASupes

46 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You're on a bender...lol

No I’m honestly asking, what do you think? The guy had a double double right, including the turnovers and if I’m not mistaken, they lost the game. 

I’m just saying I’m not celebrate him here on squawk, or anywhere for that matter but fate has unfortunately made me root against the dude a bit, plus as Buzz 🐝 always says, I’m a closet Clipps fan and Kawhi’s number 1 Hawk fan throughout the years (yes, I’m claiming that since SDSU). 

I don’t know but if we keep stats on everything let’s keep stats on this.

Playoff records

Trae 0-0

Luka 0-1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I only saw the replays of Porz's techs but not sure how you argue that he shouldn't have gotten them.   Yeah it's soft stuff to get ejected from a playoff game but if they don't give him that second tech then it's only to keep him in the game.  Which is what we're supposed to all be against.   

Luka?, yeah i'm with spud on this one.   I'm biased, i have an agenda, but i can't honestly say that he's fun to watch.   He's like a sane Isaiah Rider without the bounce.   

I'm interested to see if he gets in real shape.   He's running on 21 year old gas right now.   He needs that first step to stay quick.  

He had a great second half though.  The dude is hard to stop no doubt.   Honestly we make a big deal about how much better his supporting cast is than Trae's and it's absolutely true.   But it's also not contender status.   Upgrade some positions and Dallas will be trouble.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm interested to see if he gets in real shape.   He's running on 21 year old gas right now. 

21 year old bod going on 35. His body is going to be a big issue moving forward. He’s gonna lumber around the court later in his career if he doesn’t take some of that dad body loose skin off. 

Trae doesn’t have to worry about that. He’s got a beautiful lean body ..  :er:.. ya I said it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I only saw the replays of Porz's techs but not sure how you argue that he shouldn't have gotten them.   Yeah it's soft stuff to get ejected from a playoff game but if they don't give him that second tech then it's only to keep him in the game.  Which is what we're supposed to all be against.   

Luka?, yeah i'm with spud on this one.   I'm biased, i have an agenda, but i can't honestly say that he's fun to watch.   He's like a sane Isaiah Rider without the bounce.   

I'm interested to see if he gets in real shape.   He's running on 21 year old gas right now.   He needs that first step to stay quick.  

He had a great second half though.  The dude is hard to stop no doubt.   Honestly we make a big deal about how much better his supporting cast is than Trae's and it's absolutely true.   But it's also not contender status.   Upgrade some positions and Dallas will be trouble.  

You done started somethin' now, macd.  If anyone thinks DAL's supporting cast isn't solid, check out the plus/minus from last night.  They were in that game because of the reserves.  Once the bench got the game close and when DAL went up, certain folks started puttin' up counting stats.

And belay this idea .. what?  yeah I said "belay", matee.  Arrrrr .....this idea that DAL will attract free agents.  Just like Miami, it's a myth.  They don't attract free agents any more frequently than we do.  Will more guys go there to watch the league fawn all over one guy?  To watch one guy shoot all the shots and stand in the corner for a panic-pass when he can't get by his man?  To be the face when the DAL front office has another #metoo scandal?

I ask you.  Why?

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

21 year old bod going on 35. His body is going to be a big issue moving forward. He’s gonna lumber around the court later in his career if he doesn’t take some of that dad body loose skin off. 

Trae doesn’t have to worry about that. He’s got a beautiful lean body ..  :er:.. ya I said it.

Preach, spud.  Luqua better get off that Zion meal plan.  🤓  #ShotsFired

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They are very solid.  I never said otherwise.  But they aren't going to get them to the finals.   

Yeah, I know.  I just used your post to make my hater-laden rant.  Plus there's a lot of folks who try to suggest one guy is dragging dregs to the playoffs as if Trae was supposed to do the same.  DAL has a very solid team.  Not great but certainly playoff-level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The guy had a double double right, including the turnovers and if I’m not mistaken, they lost the game. 

Wonder 👦 

"Terrible," Doncic said.

The Mavericks point guard turned the ball over 11 times, helping the Clippers take a 1-0 lead in this Western Conference first-round series with a 118-110 victory.

"I should never had like 11 turnovers," Doncic said after the game. "That is 11 more possessions, imagine that. I think a lot of this game, I got to do way better than that."

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wonder 👦 

"Terrible," Doncic said.

The Mavericks point guard turned the ball over 11 times, helping the Clippers take a 1-0 lead in this Western Conference first-round series with a 118-110 victory.

"I should never had like 11 turnovers," Doncic said after the game. "That is 11 more possessions, imagine that. I think a lot of this game, I got to do way better than that."

It's really not Luka's fault though.  He's actually a really solid kid.  It's his stans and the general NBA media that's making him out to be something he's not right now.  He's absolutely great for a 21 year old.  He's not the greatest player to play the game at age 21 and he's not better than any of the veteran MVP candidates at this point.  There's a lot of reverse Trae going on.  Some of the media had Luka as number one on their boards. He went three and is a stud now.  They uplift him even more to make it seem like he's doing things no one's ever done before to validate their analysis.  

Last night, there was a stark difference in Luka's rebound numbers.  He got maybe 2 contested defensive rebounds.  His assists, some of them were good reads, but most were guys being hot at the moment.  Luka has great vision, but to me, Trae throws his teammates open. Whereas Luka throws to an open guy.  That to me is more Westbrook than a Chris Paul if you will. 

We as Hawks fans have a complex with Luka.  We can't enjoy how good he is because when Luka has a good game, the stans and certain Media come with the wow, the Hawks really shat the bed on this one.  It makes us not want to see him do well because we know it's inevitdably coming.  However, I'll fight that urge.  Luka had a good performance last night.  It wasn't great, because you can't call a game with 11 turnovers great.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wonder 👦 

"Terrible," Doncic said.

It's ok.  His supporting cast will allow him to stay in games when he's bad, unlike other folks'.

And @marco102 makes a good point.  I think our "hate" is more directed at the stans than the man(s?).

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's ok.  His supporting cast will allow him to stay in games when he's bad, unlike other folks'.

And @marco102 makes a good point.  I think our "hate" is more directed at the stans than the man(s?).

Well he was #1 on my board so I do like the kid and the player but I’m always gonna side eye him cuz he’s not a Hawk and the history.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I agree with this sentiment. His game isn't uber flashy but he can get to the paint at will, and is near unstoppable when he does. Watched them vs Clips last night and was very impressed, I don't like how much he whines though. I'll still take Trae+Cam over Luka though. #CamFam

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But just to play Luka's advocate here, those guys on Dallas are so open because Luka is drawing their defenders.   

That goes both ways, the help defender can't sag off of his teammates because their such good shooters which allows Luka to get into the lane easier.  So then the overhelping, late helping opens up more passing lanes for Luka.  This isn't to say that his ability to get ino the lane isn't great, because it is.  He's one of the best finishers in the NBA.