Jump to content

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae


NBASupes

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

He's our generation's Larry Bird....not necessarily skills but league support.

I kid you not there is a wall in the NBA store 🏬 with memorabilia from Luka and Bird. Just those two, it’s a shared wall. 😐 

 

I walked around looking for the Zeke/Trae wall but couldn’t find it. 🤷‍♀️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/27/2019 at 2:50 PM, Atlantaholic said:

I'm sure Trae's stats would be better than they currently are if he played in Dallas, but the difference would probably be more marginal then you make it out to be and certainly it's a stretch to say he would be outproducing Doncic who is basically averaging a triple double with a TS% at 63% right now which I'm pretty sure would be some kind of all time season if he somehow was able to keep it up. That's as good or better than any single season Lebron has had in his career. 

The vaunted supporting cast is made up off an overrated Porzingis who has been bad since  his hot start (averaging 17 ppg on a god awful 50% TS% in november) and a bunch of players that are perennial bench riders. Hardaway, Berrea, Curry's brother, Delon Wright... Let's not act like it's some star studded cast there in Dallas. To assume that Trae would have that crew as the #1 offense in the NBA like Doncic is currently doing is homerism at its finest. 

I'd trade every reserve guard and wing ( outside of the rookies ) we have . . . for Tim Hardaway Jr

That's how bad those guys are.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'd trade every reserve guard and wing ( outside of the rookies ) we have . . . for Tim Hardaway Jr

That's how bad those guys are.

Considering most of our guards off the bench is C- or worse. That's not nothing to really state. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Most of our guards right now are d-league talent or guys on toxic contracts that other teams would have dumped for a bag of potato chips.    Our only wings with real trade value are the rooks and Huerter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Over the last 3 games, Trae is shooting 55.9% from the field (68 attempts), 51.6 from 3 (31 attempts) while averaging 6.67 assists and 38.3 ppg.  

 

Regardless, there should never be a 1v1 comparison of Trae and Luka. The trade (in the end) was Trae + Cam for Luka and a better cap number on Trae than Luka.  Its more complicated. 

 

Always remember the talent/maturity on Dallas is much higher than the Hawks right now. He's not doing it all alone, he's got more help.

 

Now let me take a second to cause trouble (puts on social justice hat for a second...adjusts the bill...checks self out in the mirror to make sure I look pompous and self-righteous...looks at label to make sure its environmentally friendly...okay ready to go). I firmly believe that Luka gets the benefit of the calls, more marketing from the league and better press because he's one more example of "the great white hope". Its about money.  Luka brings grumpy old white guys (no I don't mean me) to the games. Great smile, good attitude, good looking kid. He is highly marketable.  He's our generation's Larry Bird....not necessarily skills but league support.

If your definition of social justice is reverse racist butt hurt because whitey is dropping 30/10/10 nightly on a playoff bound team. But the league is just propping up their newly minted white star with easy calls, right? Do you want Wilt Chamberlain numbers? Or would that just be more evidence of your pro-white league conspiracy? Despite virtually all evidence to the contrary. Being an ordinary hater is one thing, but playing the race card and pulling it from the bottom of the deck is truly a new low.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If your definition of social justice is reverse racist butt hurt because whitey is dropping 30/10/10 nightly on a playoff bound team. But the league is just propping up their newly minted white star with easy calls, right? Do you want Wilt Chamberlain numbers? Or would that just be more evidence of your pro-white league conspiracy? Despite virtually all evidence to the contrary. Being an ordinary hater is one thing, but playing the race card and pulling it from the bottom of the deck is truly a new low.

I’m almost certain campster is white. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wonder if we would still be getting these homer, racist "great white hope" dismissals from Squawkers if we, as in the Atlanta Hawks, had drafted Luka? I'll answer that for you. NO, we wouldn't. 

It's colorist because Campster is caucasian. Said as much in his post. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bleachkit said:

I wonder if we would still be getting these homer, racist "great white hope" dismissals from Squawkers if we, as in the Atlanta Hawks, had drafted Luka? I'll answer that for you. NO, we wouldn't. 

Actually, I'm fairly honest and point it out when I see it. I don't think I'm playing the race card at all considering the hate I've received on this board for my political views.  Its just me being honest.  He's the NBA's Rocky.  He's propped up nightly, pushes off often, is allowed to be handsy on defense to hide his lack of foot speed.  They've marketed the snot out of him. Its pretty honest and I'm the wrong guy on this board to be accused of going that direction. As has been pointed out...There is no Trae wall in the NBA shop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, marco102 said:

It's colorist because Campster is caucasian. Said as much in his post. 

 

Says as much in my photo....That's me with mama...If I'm not white...Mom has explaining to do and considering I've been accused of being racist at least 5 times in the politics section...its fun to be on this side of the accusations. Next month, I might just join Green Peace to see how that side lives.  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Actually, I'm fairly honest and point it out when I see it. I don't think I'm playing the race card at all considering the hate I've received on this board for my political views.  Its just me being honest.  He's the NBA's Rocky.  He's propped up nightly, pushes off often, is allowed to be handsy on defense to hide his lack of foot speed.  They've marketed the snot out of him. Its pretty honest and I'm the wrong guy on this board to be accused of going that direction. As has been pointed out...There is no Trae wall in the NBA shop.

You would not be saying any of this crap if Luka was dropping 30/10/10 nightly for the Atlanta Hawks. Just stop.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You would not be saying any of this crap if Luka was dropping 30/10/10 nightly for the Atlanta Hawks. Just stop.

I sure wish you would stan for Trae as much as you do for Luka. 

Just saying, you always seem to focus on what Trae can improve on instead of appreciating how spectacular his sophmore season is.  We should not even be discussing Luka. Point blank period.  He's not a Hawk and if a Hawks fan wants to shit on him why is that such a problem? He's  our rival! 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I sure wish you would stan for Trae as much as you do for Luka. 

Just saying, you always seem to focus on what Trae can improve on instead of appreciating how spectacular his sophmore season is.  We should not even be discussing Luka. Point blank period.  He's not a Hawk and if a Hawks fan wants to shit on him why is that such a problem? He's  our rival! 

And if the season ended today: Trae is the first person in NBA/ABA history that had 28 pts/8 asst with 38% 3pt shooting. Incredible stuff we are witnessing from both Doncic and Trae. Enjoy watching history! The NBA has needed new talent and we certainly are watching it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, enrique said:

And if the season ended today: Trae is the first person in NBA/ABA history that had 28 pts/8 asst with 38% 3pt shooting. Incredible stuff we are witnessing from both Doncic and Trae. Enjoy watching history! The NBA has needed new talent and we certainly are watching it.

I posted about this in the Trae Young thread

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I sure wish you would stan for Trae as much as you do for Luka. 

Just saying, you always seem to focus on what Trae can improve on instead of appreciating how spectacular his sophmore season is.  We should not even be discussing Luka. Point blank period.  He's not a Hawk and if a Hawks fan wants to shit on him why is that such a problem? He's  our rival! 

I love Trae, he's the man. But ascribing race as the reason Luka is getting "favorable" calls is total fking BS. I'm a truth telling first, Hawks fan second. 

There is zero evidence the league props up white players. ZERO. White Euros are the least marketed demographic in the NBA. Is Jokic heavily marketed? Was Dirk heavily marketed? No not at all. Players far less accomplished than Dirk got more significant shoe deals and endorsements. But a young charismatic player that happens to be white comes along and is dropping unprecedented numbers and is making an otherwise mediocre team competitive, and it can be readily dismissed as "great white hope" hype from the league? GTFOH with that BS.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...