• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae

NBASupes

Just now, marco102 said:

And it's Trae and?  Dallas has played like the third easiest schedule this season. No excuses for anyone.  To reread this thread everyone needs to keep that same energy about Doncic.  He didn't have a great game against one of the top teams in the league.  That's all Trae's been playing.  

Some say Trae has tons to work on, but so does Doncic.  With all that being said, Doncic is still playing better than Trae.  I just can't believe Hawks fan can't see how well Trae is playing all things considered.

I guess when you're losing it just doesn't feel right. In the games we have won Trae played out of his mind. 

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I guess when you're losing it just doesn't feel right. In the games we have won Trae played out of his mind. 

He's doing that in the games we are losing too.  Did you not see how exhausted he was at halftime yesterday? He's giving this team all he's got and all these fans are in here b****ing about someone that's not even a Hawk.  A player like Trae doesn't come along very often and all I see is disrespect in this thread.  Trae ain't a good point guard. Trae has tons to work on.  Well he's in his second damn year. 

Then when Trae has a good game the same people are yelling Superstar.  Be freaking consistent! 

Also, this isn't directed at you @bleachkit. Jus t seeing this on all message boards and twitter and decided to vent here.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He's doing that in the games we are losing too.  Did you not see how exhausted he was at halftime yesterday? He's giving this team all he's got and all these fans are in here b****ing about someone that's not even a Hawk.  A player like Trae doesn't come along very often and all I see is disrespect in this thread.  Trae ain't a good point guard. Trae has tons to work on.  Well he's in his second damn year. 

Then when Trae has a good game the same people are yelling Superstar.  Be freaking consistent! 

I hope he can take less shots in the future. I would love to see a game where 4 hawks score more than 20 points.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You have to be relevant for people to care. 

Nah there is a big difference between the way Luka is perceived and Trae is perceived.  Luka tends to get positive coverage regardless of results and Trae is known as a chucker and the worst defender in the league. There are certain members of the media that still refuse to acknowledge Trae improved (Bill Simmons).  Other members of the media seem to be afraid to point out Luka's flaws because they want the clicks. 

There was a debate today on NBA radio about why Luka's triple doubles are preceived differently by the media and fans than Russell Westbrook.  The analyst came up with two main answers Luka's age and misinformation about Russell Westbrook's.  Most people believe the Thunder lost the games he had a triple double, but turns out Thunder won 80% of the games when Russ had a triple double. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nah there is a big difference between the way Luka is perceived and Trae is perceived.  Luka tends to get positive coverage regardless of results and Trae is known as a chucker and the worst defender in the league. There are certain members of the media that still refuse to acknowledge Trae and his improvements.  Other members of the media seem to be afraid to point out Luka's flaws because they want the clicks. 

There was a debate today on NBA radio about why Luka's triple doubles are preceived differently by the media and fans than Russell Westbrook.  The analyst came up with two main answers Luka's age and misinformation about Russell Westbrook's.  Most people believe the Thunder lost the games he had a triple double, but turns out Thunder won 80% of the games when Russ had a triple double. 

We are 4-13, same record as the Knicks. Neither Trae or the Hawks are going to get any buzz playing like that. But Trae was getting national media attention after those first couple games though.

Luka 0-8 and 4-14 overall. Mavs should trade him. 😐 

Another note on Trae. I know we Hawks fans know this but reading his fantasy update tonight brought a smile 😊 to my face.

Not the part about it flaring up hopefully it’s minor but about him playing if he’s capable of walking. He’s special.

Trae Young (right ankle) is probable to play on Wednesday in Milwaukee.

This is the same ankle that forced Young to miss a game earlier this year, and while he's probable, it is slightly concerning that it's flaring up at all. That said, Young tends to play if he's capable of walking, so we're not overly concerned about it.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

apwu.gif

Just watch him in games.  Constant complaining.  Annoying as heyul.

When folks look at his numbers tonight, recall he wasn't really guarded much by Leonard or George.

Yea you're right, he sucks. He'll be back playing in Europe before his rookie real ends.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, kg01 said:

apwu.gif

Just watch him in games.  Constant complaining.  Annoying as heyul.

When folks look at his numbers tonight, recall he wasn't really guarded much by Leonard or George.

He couldn't beat Lou or Green off the dribble. George and Leonard mainly played help side and it killed him because they had the size to stop him. I've notice Luka struggles with physical 4s

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Yea you're right, he sucks. He'll be back playing in Europe before his rookie real ends.

How come you're the only one that bites so hard on my hyperbole?  Everyone else seems to be able to navigate through to the salient point(s).

I think you hate me, bleachhead.  Let's mend our differences over thanksgiving.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He couldn't beat Lou or Green off the dribble. George and Leonard mainly played help side and it killed him because they had the size to stop him. I've notice Luka struggles with physical 4s

And when he had Beverly or McGruder on him it was flop n' flail 'til he gets a call.  Outside of foul shots, he was nonexistent last night.

Watching LAC play defense makes me jealous.  Why don't we have dudes that just play smart and hard on defense?  Seems Collins led that effort early on.  The suspension really derailed our season in a lotta ways.

Just give me some effort guys on defense man.  Makes a big difference.  On another note, CLP said at the end of last season that he didn't install his defenses from PHI because our personnel couldn't handle it.  Well, f*ck, might as well give them the cliff notes version.  Whaddo we got to lose?  Well other than a lotta games.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Nah there is a big difference between the way Luka is perceived and Trae is perceived.  Luka tends to get positive coverage regardless of results and Trae is known as a chucker and the worst defender in the league. There are certain members of the media that still refuse to acknowledge Trae improved (Bill Simmons).  Other members of the media seem to be afraid to point out Luka's flaws because they want the clicks. 

It's because we are 4-13.  Once we build an actual team around Trae (we need to begin doing that this offseason IMO) and win some games the perception will totally change.  It's kind of like how people are saying Dwight is having a resurgence this year, Dwights doing the same thing that he did the past 5 years, he's just on a top team now.

Luka is currently considered the better player, because they are winning and his numbers are slightly better.  However, after the first 6 games of the season they were on the same tier.  I think Trae will be as good as Luka, he just doesn't have the teammates that Luka currently does with all the injuries/suspensions, etc.  

In addition, as Hawks fans we have built our own echo chamber with Hawks news, social media, etc so we hear all the positive AND negative news.  Go to a Bucks board and you'll find fans complaining about Giannis' jumpshot, a Houston board complaining about Harden's ballhogging, Lakers fans complaining about AD, etc.  

The overwhelming majority of national news reporters are VERY high on Trae and consider him a future superstar, with obvious work to do.  Who cares about Bill Simmons.  But, once you get to the upper echelon of players, your game begins to get nitpicked.  GIannis' jumpshot, Simmons jumpshot, Hardens' postseason struggles, etc.  Hell, LeBron still gets a ton of criticism.  

We should be thankful we have a player that is even being talked about.

• Like 4