• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae

NBASupes

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That was a passionate period. People had their likes and dislikes. Trae wasn't my guy literally till the last couple of days. Ask @Spud2nique

My guy was Bagley

After that, it was Doncic and Bamba. I got in on Trae late. I didn't like the games I saw but once I had time to really watch him, I was like, his ceiling is too high and higher than Luka but his floor is too low. 

Once Bagley was gone, I became team Luka as Dennis was doing something dumb again and I was done with him and I watched Real Madrid and felt he was going to be a star. Can't lie, I didn't see this. If I did, Bagley would not have been my top guy

Hard to tell. There is no spacing or organization 

He ain’t lyin! Most of us were team Luka but I drove the bus 🚌 haaaarddd on team Luka in realgm because I was on a hiatus from squawk. I believe my list was

1. Luka

2. Bagley

3. Bamba

4. Trae

In all honestly I didn’t know Trae was this good of a passer. After I saw his vision, even in the first summer league games I was relieved.

But as far as Luka goes, I thought he would be on par with a Drazen Petrovic type of career stardom wise around 92-93 just before his death. I wanted Luka BADLY! I saw Doncic and a poor man’s Bird. What he is doing right now? I didn’t see this, maybe 0.002% of people in the world saw this. Aka possibly Luka’s inner circle ⭕️ but even then I doubt saw this.

@NBASupes and I were riding Bagley haaaard. I had been hearing about Bagley since like 2013 and thought and think he is the next wave of bouncy skilled bigs. I’m disappointed he got hurt because he was starting to come around.

Ps Jambrad wanted Wendell Carter hard. He’s been slippin!

@macdaddy was a huge initial advocate of Trae. 

Again, once I saw the actual point guard skills (supreme passer, top 10 I’ve probably ever seen even this early) in Trae and knew he was headed for a Zeke/Nash type career I was relieved. The draft process never highlighted Trae’s passing, initially I only saw a Curry wannabe clone. Now that I’ve watched, I’m beyond happy we have Trae.

One more note on Bamba, as much as he was my 3rd prospect on the big board, I was worried about one thing from Bamba and that’s passion. If you don’t have passion and heart, Bamba turns into nothing more than Damian Jones. D Jones have a frame 🖼 and body but doesn’t use it efficiently.

Bamba with a Deke heart 💜 is what I would have wanted if we spent a top 5 pick on Bamba. 

Trae is the man. Wait till he gets Collins back, things will open up big time. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Game recognizes game. I saw Doncic in Euroleague and couldn't believe what he was doing at his age. It was like watching Babe Ruth play baseball in his orphanage or something. No one's skin color should ever be a consideration for how good or bad they are at a sport.

I guess I'm sensitive to this because when I was in HS I was the best bball player by far at my HS. My coach was a black dude that told me to my face when I showed up for try outs that "white kids don't play on my team." It was a public school back in the 90's. You had no choice back then. I didn't get to play bball until college as a walk on that earned being a starter as a PG. 

Racism sucks. 

"White kids dont play on my team"..In Highschool?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I consider Steph to be not ball dominant because of his tremendous off ball skills. Trae has a long way to improve in that area.

TRae is more Steve Nash.  And Phoenix was good enough to win multiple rings in this era imo...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

"White kids dont play on my team"..In Highschool?

I'm from southwest georgia in worth county. Our county was 50/50 white black basically so I come from a shared culture. Sadly our coach hated white people and wouldn't let them play on the HS team. He was a tenured teacher/coach so he wasn't going nowhere and my family was poor so its not like we could hire a lawyer to fight it.

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm from southwest georgia in worth county. Our county was 50/50 white black basically so I come from a shared culture. Sadly our coach hated white people and wouldn't let them play on the HS team. He was a tenured teacher/coach so he wasn't going nowhere and my family was poor so its not like we could hire a lawyer to fight it.

THats crazy....Wow. I played sports with all my white friends back in the late 70's and early 80's. In Cobb/Cherokee County.And ALL of my coaches were white. Hell, a couple of my coaches even paid for me to play We didnt have much $ back then..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

CONSPIRACY #717 (per spud 🥔)

June 21st 2018 ....(morning of)

{ring ring}

Travis: Hello 👋 

caller: Trav, it’s Nells from Hawaii whats up protégé! What’s good in the ATL you guys have a big night comin up tonight you excited?

Travis: I’ll tell you Nellie, I’ve only had this job for a little bit but I already feel a pressure to get things going here. I’ve been to Europe a few times to watch the the Don, I’ve been to Duke to watch Bags. I’m not in live with either of them. I think one should fall in our laps. 

Nellie: It’s a tough situation for sure. You know I’ve always loved Euros in the past, and you know that’s worked out for us with Dirk but the chances aren’t high. Look at Nicholas Tskit...look at Bargnani. I even wanted Shawn Bradley the international prospect in the 93 draft. It’s a risk I think you should go with your heart and try to maybe mimic our last blueprint like we did in GS you and I. Lay the foundation, bring in a point guard whose gritty and shoots well from beyond. Get ur Curry on!

Travis: I do love Trae and he reminds me of Steph, but Hawks fans would eat me alive if I took the Oklahoma kid at 3... ugh I’m so lost. 

Nellie: I’ll tell you what Trav. I got my son in Dallas and they say their city is starving for a repeat Dirk situation and have the hots for this Euro kid. What’s say I talk to my son and y’all strike a deal. My son’s a yes man anyways he’ll listen to his pops advise. Whatdya say?

Travis: Nellie, you are the man. This is perfect. It relieves pressure from me if I don’t hit at 3, and I can probably get another asset for it and still get my Curry clone. Nellie, you are the man! Anything you want in the future, I’m ur guy! 

Nellie: You got it guy!

Nellie 🤙 son: Jr., he’s all yours! 🤝 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

THats crazy....Wow. I played sports with all my white friends back in the late 70's and early 80's. In Cobb/Cherokee County.And ALL of my coaches were white. Hell, a couple of my coaches even paid for me to play We didnt have much $ back then..

That was the only team that was done that way. We had mixed teams for everything else but boy's basketball. It was completely due to that one racist coach and since he was tenured the school couldn't touch him. It has been MANY years since then and I'm still bitter about it. My family was poor and I could have gotten a scholarship to a school somewhere with how good I was back then. Oh well. He got to ruin kid's lives for years so I hope he rots in hell for it.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, terrell said:

Nash and Amare(TRae/Collins) would dominate in this era. HUnter can be our Marion. Cant think of who the other 2 Suns starters were at the time right now. lol

JJ and Q Rich! (in 04-05) with JJ2 (Jim Jackson) and Barbosa off the bench

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

CONSPIRACY #717 (per spud 🥔)

June 21st 2018 ....(morning of)

{ring ring}

Travis: Hello 👋 

caller: Trav, it’s Nells from Hawaii whats up protégé! What’s good in the ATL you guys have a big night comin up tonight you excited?

Travis: I’ll tell you Nellie, I’ve only had this job for a little bit but I already feel a pressure to get things going here. I’ve been to Europe a few times to watch the the Don, I’ve been to Duke to watch Bags. I’m not in live with either of them. I think one should fall in our laps. 

Nellie: It’s a tough situation for sure. You know I’ve always loved Euros in the past, and you know that’s worked out for us with Dirk but the chances aren’t high. Look at Nicholas Tskit...look at Bargnani. I even wanted Shawn Bradley the international prospect in the 93 draft. It’s a risk I think you should go with your heart and try to maybe mimic our last blueprint like we did in GS you and I. Lay the foundation, bring in a point guard whose gritty and shoots well from beyond. Get ur Curry on!

Travis: I do love Trae and he reminds me of Steph, but Hawks fans would eat me alive if I took the Oklahoma kid at 3... ugh I’m so lost. 

Nellie: I’ll tell you what Trav. I got my son in Dallas and they say their city is starving for a repeat Dirk situation and have the hots for this Euro kid. What’s say I talk to my son and y’all strike a deal. My son’s a yes man anyways he’ll listen to his pops advise. Whatdya say?

Travis: Nellie, you are the man. This is perfect. It relieves pressure from me if I don’t hit at 3, and I can probably get another asset for it and still get my Curry clone. Nellie, you are the man! Anything you want in the future, I’m ur guy! 

Nellie: You got it guy!

Nellie 🤙 son: Jr., he’s all yours! 🤝 

Spud you could be hitting pretty close to the truth there! those connections are real!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Spud you could be hitting pretty close to the truth there! those connections are real!

😊 ya I wouldn’t doubt it. I mean they were mentor/mentee relationship from the warriors in 2003, Nellie did love and draft international, possibly could have swayed Schlenk’s mind into not wanting to risk it if he was tinkering on a decision, may have pushed him one way or another. And let’s face it, his son, his blood runs the Mavs. What’s thicker than blood? A guy you mentor for a few years? 

It’s funny to think about sometimes. Well not funny I guess. Ironic? I dunno.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That was the only team that was done that way. We had mixed teams for everything else but boy's basketball. It was completely due to that one racist coach and since he was tenured the school couldn't touch him. It has been MANY years since then and I'm still bitter about it. My family was poor and I could have gotten a scholarship to a school somewhere with how good I was back then. Oh well. He got to ruin kid's lives for years so I hope he rots in hell for it.

THat school should be ashamed...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Joe Johnson was so cold for the Suns. He was trash for the Celtics. 

Ya he was...04 right? Just a gunner supreme. I liked that Joe a lot and loved his role on that squad. He was their legit X factor when that was a popular term 😆 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Should we go after D'Antoni? lol

What would you give if Pop were coaching Trae and the Hawks? 😊 Pop and anyone is a killer tandem but someone like Trae who is wired the way he is..it would work out nicely I would imagine.

• Like 1