• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Advanced stats dont tell the whole story..

I'm sure Trae's stats would be better than they currently are if he played in Dallas, but the difference would probably be more marginal then you make it out to be and certainly it's a stretch to say he would be outproducing Doncic who is basically averaging a triple double with a TS% at 63% right now which I'm pretty sure would be some kind of all time season if he somehow was able to keep it up. That's as good or better than any single season Lebron has had in his career. 

The vaunted supporting cast is made up off an overrated Porzingis who has been bad since  his hot start (averaging 17 ppg on a god awful 50% TS% in november) and a bunch of players that are perennial bench riders. Hardaway, Berrea, Curry's brother, Delon Wright... Let's not act like it's some star studded cast there in Dallas. To assume that Trae would have that crew as the #1 offense in the NBA like Doncic is currently doing is homerism at its finest. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

I never said hed be outproducing him..JUst sayin its unfair to compare the two. Put Luka on this Hawks team, and see what his "advanced stats" are..We have no shooters or finishers...

Parker and Jones have been some of the best finishers in their respective positions this year and have been excellent finishers their entire careers (that's literally the only thing Jones can do). Shooters we certainly lack, finishers not so much. 

Doncic "advanced stats" would be better than Trae's on any team he played for because he is simply much, much better than Trae Young atm, Trae Young has been really good in a terrible situation, but Doncic is putting up all time type of season, and anyone who isn't a homer would be able to see that. 

29 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Parker and Jones have been some of the best finishers in their respective positions this year and have been excellent finishers their entire careers (that's literally the only thing Jones can do). Shooters we certainly lack, finishers not so much. 

Doncic "advanced stats" would be better than Trae's on any team he played for because he is simply much, much better than Trae Young atm, Trae Young has been really good in a terrible situation, but Doncic is putting up all time type of season, and anyone who isn't a homer would be able to see that. 

"All time type of season" after 17 games with the 3rd weakest schedule in the league..Again, Doncic is great player, but yall kill me...Trae has flaws, but so does Luka..HIs defense was atrocious last night..But noone mentions it. But if it were TRae...............................

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yeah I guess youre right, but theyre so bad at everything else it kinda goes unnoticed...

I just checked Doncic’s numbers, got diggity damn.  .298 WS/48?!?!  People get lost in the slow motion flash but rebounding is the slick foundation of his game.  

His ability to switch to 2 guard (24% of his minutes this season) raises the floor for developing guys like Brunson to have a near 3:1 assist to turnover and shoot a .514 efg.  That’s huge when Carlisle can’t develop a roll of film.  Luka is it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I just checked Doncic’s numbers, got diggity damn.  .298 WS/48?!?!  Rebounding is the slick foundation of his game.  He’s it.

His per 36 min stats are just silly. 30 point triple double on a 625% TS. SMH. Weak schedule or not that's crazy. It's Westbrook's MVP season but with exceptional efficiency. 

3 hours ago, Wretch said:

He is a natural point guard.  His passing is on par with Jason Kidd's finest, he sees the floor as good as any superstar that I can think of,

Ya I agree. Since I’ve watched basketball 🏀 I’d say the passers..

1. Magic

2. Bird

3. Kidd

4. Zeke

5. Nash

6. Mark Jackson 

7. Jason Williams

Trae is in this group. Trae is in the top 8 best passers I’ve ever seen already.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Another Trae tidbit ...

Young’s eight 30-point games rank third in the Eastern Conference behind Washington’s Bradley Beal (nine) and Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo’s 10

What he's doing right now really is special. Only 6 players have ever averaged 27/8 in a season before. He's at 27.9 and 8.4 right now. Big O was the youngest at 22. He's just unlucky to be doing all of this alongside Luka. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

What he's doing right now really is special. Only 6 players have ever averaged 27/8 in a season before. He's at 27.9 and 8.4 right now. Big O was the youngest at 22. He's just unlucky to be doing all of this alongside Luka. 

Trae's efficiency has been impressive this year...I did not expect to see him hitting at near 38% on his attempts. His FT% has finally moved up from last year after a rough start. Overall Trae has improved across the board except on his TOs

• Like 4

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

There’s a bunch of Trae threads 🧵. I just post on whichever was the latest discussed. Far as I’m concerned they all Trae threads. This is the Hawks Homecourt if you wanna drool 🤤 maybe you’d like to go to the around the league forum. Just sayin.

:good:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

There’s a bunch of Trae threads 🧵. I just post on whichever was the latest discussed. Far as I’m concerned they all Trae threads. This is the Hawks Homecourt if you wanna drool 🤤 maybe you’d like to go to the around the league forum. Just sayin.

Don't bump a thread about Luka that no one else has posted in since Thursday if you're offended by someone mentioning him. Makes sense to me. 

• Like 1