• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think it's pretty fair to say that Luka is better than Trae and likely will always be better than Trae

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Luka appears to be more impactful in terms of winning, but it's still early in their careers. But Luka might actually be better than Harden, he's certainly a better passer and rebounder. He's more of a LeBron-lite (on offense).

As someone who lives in Houston and goes to a lot of their games. He's not even close. Harden is a superior shooter, defender, scorer, slasher, and ball handler. But Luka has a better feel for the game,  is a superior decision maker and is only 21. I think Doncic will surpass Harden in the future but it's not close right now, its Harden

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As someone who lives in Houston and goes to a lot of their games. He's not even close. Harden is a superior shooter, defender, scorer, slasher, and ball handler. But Luka has a better feel for the game,  is a superior decision maker and is only 21. 

Maybe better is the wrong word, but I just prefer Luka's game overall. I'm big on passing, so that's probably the difference. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

As someone who lives in Houston and goes to a lot of their games. He's not even close. Harden is a superior shooter, defender, scorer, slasher, and ball handler. But Luka has a better feel for the game,  is a superior decision maker and is only 21. I think Doncic will surpass Harden in the future but it's not close right now, its Harden

It’s surprising you like Harden so much.  Nothing wrong with that just sayin.

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Maybe better is the wrong word, but I just prefer Luka's game overall. I'm big on passing, so that's probably the difference. 

A lot of people like Luka game because it's more aesthetically pleasing but James is just much more difficult to guard and far more efficient. 

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It’s surprising you like Harden so much.  Nothing wrong with that just sayin.

I don't like his game at all. It's not pleasing on the eyes but I am not delusional either. He's extremely effective 

11 hours ago, marco102 said:

And Obi Toppin will never be as good as John Collins, but that's a conversation for another day.

Youre wrong there.

Obi toppin will never be as good as derrick williams or thomas Robinson.

He's the 2020 version of Greg Monroe, at best.

Eta. All O, no D, can't help you win

😎

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Youre wrong there.

Obi toppin will never be as good as derrick williams or thomas Robinson.

He's the 2020 version of Greg Monroe, at best.

Eta. All O, no D, can't help you win

😎

Shit posting times 100

• Moderators

My issues are the constant 'the Hawks must really regret trading Luka' sentiments.   No we don't because we're doing just fine.  Take that shiz to Sactown why don't  you.

Also, i don't necessarily disagree that Luka is better but the stats don't back up that there is some huge difference between the two.  The only reason people think Luka is so much better is his size and he's on a winning team.    Time will tell.   

Last thing on Luka, size is a great gift in the nba but you can't take it for granted.   You have to stay in extremely good shape as you get older or it will slow you down.  Meanwhile Jamal Crawford is playing at 40.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/9/2020 at 11:34 AM, NBASupes said:

A lot of people like Luka game because it's more aesthetically pleasing but James is just much more difficult to guard and far more efficient. 

I don't like his game at all. It's not pleasing on the eyes but I am not delusional either. He's extremely effective 

Oh I got you.  Yeah he’s effective in wins.  I think his style of play is the backbone to most all their losses though when their surrounding players have always filled their streamlined roles for the most part.

That first point I’d have to argue.  Everyone knows Harden is the FT and 3 attempt king, for 19-20 he has a meager +.007 advantage in eFG over The Don. Luka’s advantage in assist to turn is considerably larger; 2.06:1 to 1.66:1.

53 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is very close to my view on the situation.  Both Atlanta and Dallas should be cheering their draft results from 2018.  

The one thing I would say is that the stats back up that there is a sizable difference between Luka and Trae career to date.  Here a few examples:

Luka / Trae

13.7 WS / 9.1 WS (50.5% higher)

0.152 WS/48 / 0.095 WS/48 (60% higher)

23.3 PER / 20.2 PER (15.3% higher)

6.0 BPM / 1.5 BPM (400% higher)

8.7 VORP / 4.0 VORP (217.5% higher)

That is their career to date.  Both are fantastic for young players who aren't even old enough to have a beer in the US.  But there is a real gap to date.

What the future holds is an open issue and I think they could flip at some point depending on how they develop, stay in shape, etc.  As you say, time will tell.

But both teams should be celebrating their good fortune to land these guys.

You know I’m one to rarely go against The Ref.  These are exactly the numbers I see, most notably the win shares and box due to Luka’s size at least being a good defensive deterrent and Larry Bird type rebounding.  That’s not a gap it’s a gulf lol.  It’s highly impressive he’s still maintaining MVP-level play without an outstanding PNR lob threat in Powell.

Edited by benhillboy

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

turds

🐦 ? 🤔 

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Interesting.

So the Mavs faced the Jazz today without Porzingo and Luqua.

Surely that trash bunch, you know these turds that Luqua is carrying with one hand behind his back,  got blown outta the bubble right, Shirley ?

Shirley?

Nobody played today bro. It’s ditch day doh 😣