• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce Not Currently In Danger Of Losing Job As Head Coach Of Hawks

PSSSHHHRRR87

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Silver fired Hinkie for tanking too many consecutive years.

Speaking of firings ....there seems to be a belief that the Knicks are playing better now due to the firing of Fizdale. 

I heard they’ve had 3 impressive wins including the one vs us but real talk I’m just not buying the firing of fizdale has suddenly awoken them 

• Like 3

You gotta understand that Trae plays with all stars during the summer. Every week he's in a different gym going against talent, playing with good talent joining pick up games and training. No one on this team beside him work that hard off season. Once the nba slowed down for him, he knew he was the best player on this team. You gotta be honest, Pierce isn't the guy to help Trae get to almost unstoppable in this league. Trae coach is his trainer right now. Hawks dont run any good offensive sets that throws teams off guard. Young is out there creating and breaking down defenses 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JTB said:

Speaking of firings ....there seems to be a belief that the Knicks are playing better now due to the firing of Fizdale. 

I heard they’ve had 3 impressive wins including the one vs us but real talk I’m just not buying the firing of fizdale has suddenly awoken them 

It's not a "belief".  It's kinda fact.   Their schedule has helped ( wins vs the Hawks, Warriors, and the Kaaangs ).  The return of Elfrid Payton has helped as well.  But that's still showing progress since Fitzdale's ouster.

Let's see if Collins' return fixes everything for LP.   

If it does .  . cool.   If it doesn't . . uh-oh.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I really want to know who is being blamed for selfishness. The only person that could be said is playing selfish is Trae. He does hold the ball too much but our roster has no other capable ballhandlers. What is he supposed to do? People blasted Marbury for being "selfish" and he was usually the only real ballhandler on the court with him. What was he supposed to do?

With Marbury, it is super easy to say what he was supposed to do because he was swapped for better PGs and the team's fortunes followed accordingly.  

Minnesota - Wins 25 games, .500 with Steph.  Steph goes to NJ.  Terrell Brandon comes in and runs point on Minnesota teams that win 50 games, 47 games and 50 games the next 3 seasons.  Every season with Steph was worse than every season with Brandon's more team-oriented game.

New Jersey - Next stop on the Marbury express sees NJ go from winning 43 games with Sam Cassell to winning 16, 31 and 26 games with Steph.  NJ trades Steph for Kidd.  The next 3 season NJ wins 52, 49 and 47 games with deep playoff runs under Kidd's leadership.  Where does Steph go next?

Phoenix - Why the land of the plummeting Suns of course.  They traded Kidd to NJ after all.  With Kidd they won 56, 27 (out of 50), 53 and 51 games the four seasons before Steph arrived.  With Starbury leading the way, Phoenix goes on to win 36, 44 and 29 games.  Beginning the year after Steph was unloaded to the Big Apple and Steve Nash added they won 62, 57 and 61 games.

New York - In New York, the team had won an average of 38 games per season for the 3 years prior to Starbury joining.  The team was still at that level his first year, winning 39 games.  After that, they became progressively became worse and worse with Marbury as they won 33, 23, 33, and 23 games in the remaining seasons he was in New York.

After that, Marbury played only 414 minutes in Boston which was his last NBA season.  At age 31.  At the end of his career, he never won even a first round playoff series as a starter.

I don't expect Trae's career to look like this at all.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If what Supes posted is true, we also have to question the "selfishness" rumors.  If that came from Crabbe and/or Turner, it's probably just them being mad at their own situation(s).

Yep! They are, afterall looking for new contracts next season. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JTB said:

But in all seriousness I believe had Schlenk known trae was going to be this good he would have put together a better group of vets with expiring deals or 2 years left on their deal but the reality is Schlenk didn’t know.

This is the only reason I haven't flipped out on TS. The reality is the supporting cast TS has put around Trae and Bonehead are barely replacement level players which is made more obvious when compared with Trae looking like a superstar. But no one expected Trae to be this good this fast. 

That said. Now that we know how good Trae is right now, I expect TS to adjust and put some players around Trae and Bonehead that are at least competent NBA players. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep! They are, afterall looking for new contracts next season. 

I was pretty indifferent to Turner before all this but now I hate his rat a**.

Crabbe always seemed like a walking cancer.  Schlenk needs to do his job and stop letting/making CLP do it for him (by sitting the clowns).

This is especially screwed up for Turner since I'm sure CLP signed off on bringing him in since they had a prior relationship in PHI.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

This is especially screwed up for Turner since I'm sure CLP signed off on bringing him in since they had a prior relationship in PHI.

Personally I like TS but he really fell for some serious BS from CLP selling Turner to him. No other possible reason he is here in my mind.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, AHF said:

With Marbury, it is super easy to say what he was supposed to do because he was swapped for better PGs and the team's fortunes followed accordingly.  

Minnesota - Wins 25 games, .500 with Steph.  Steph goes to NJ.  Terrell Brandon comes in and runs point on Minnesota teams that win 50 games, 47 games and 50 games the next 3 seasons.  Every season with Steph was worse than every season with Brandon's more team-oriented game.

New Jersey - Next stop on the Marbury express sees NJ go from winning 43 games with Sam Cassell to winning 16, 31 and 26 games with Steph.  NJ trades Steph for Kidd.  The next 3 season NJ wins 52, 49 and 47 games with deep playoff runs under Kidd's leadership.  Where does Steph go next?

Phoenix - Why the land of the plummeting Suns of course.  They traded Kidd to NJ after all.  With Kidd they won 56, 27 (out of 50), 53 and 51 games the four seasons before Steph arrived.  With Starbury leading the way, Phoenix goes on to win 36, 44 and 29 games.  Beginning the year after Steph was unloaded to the Big Apple and Steve Nash added they won 62, 57 and 61 games.

New York - In New York, the team had won an average of 38 games per season for the 3 years prior to Starbury joining.  The team was still at that level his first year, winning 39 games.  After that, they became progressively became worse and worse with Marbury as they won 33, 23, 33, and 23 games in the remaining seasons he was in New York.

After that, Marbury played only 414 minutes in Boston which was his last NBA season.  At age 31.  At the end of his career, he never won even a first round playoff series as a starter.

Marbury was stuck on some bad teams. He gets a bad rep. Guy lost millions to make cheap shoes so poor kids could have their own kicks. He is nutty but has a good heart.

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It'll be interesting to see if they maintain it. You know how it goes, guys rally around the new guys then they get back to bad habits.

We'll see.

In all fairness, Fiz wasn't playing the best players and struggling with rotations. He didn't want to give Frank a chance. He misused Payton. He didn't effectively use Randle or Robinson.

While we just lack talent due to suspensions and TS roster building 

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hope not. Stephon never learned how to win games. I hope Trae can figure it out. It seems like he was as a rookie in the 2nd half of the season 

If Pierce cannot close out with Collins winning 40-50% of the games and there is still a fracture with his rotations, I could see him being let go. But otherwise, I think he has the following season. 40-50% winning percentage once Collins gets back and the ship will be righted. We should end up with somewhere around 30 wins, a lottery pick, and maybe the Nets pick which stands at 18.

I would still like to get Adams right now for next season; but Presti may have the playoffs in mind and just use his late picks to make some noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1