• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will you be upset if we end up with a top 5 pick?

sturt

Yeah, this is already a lost season so I am fine with tanking and landing a top 3 pick. This draft has a top 2 players, Wiseman and Edwards, after that goes down in talent by a lot. Wiseman is the best fit, Edwards might be the best player. If we fail to land one of these 2 it will be a major fail.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'd look to time getting a new coach with when we intend to spend some of our loot.... that might be this off-season, but as we've discussed extensively already, that could very well be the 2021 off-season. Bring in a name-brand coach whose very presence is going to be an asset in attracting the FAs you want to seem attractive to.

For a franchise rebuild, I thought 5 years is the average to contend (high drafts picks/grooming them over the years, and accumulate quality vets).  We will be year 3 with a top 10 picks and I feel like we need two more years.  

IF the season ended today, I would be pissed if we didn’t get the 1st overall pick.  When was the last time we had the #1 pick?  If the draft doesn’t consist of a bonefide superstar, trade down or get a veteran superstar.  Wait for the 2021 free agency class 

• Like 3

If we get a top 2 pick, I'm all for keeping it for the two main guys...assuming of course someone else doesn't come from out of nowhere to make a legit claim for the 1st or 2nd pick.  3rd or higher we use it in a trade for an established player.  I still believe in Hunter but I don't want another pick like him with a top 5 pick.  I'd like to think we're a little more poised towards building a contender than staying put for another non-sure thing lottery pick.

• Like 3