• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Karl Anthony Towns availability rumor actually has legs

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I can make the case that KAT and AD are just about equivalent. I just hope you don’t need me to so I can save the energy 😂

You could, but you'd be wrong. :) The defensive difference is too great. But I'm not trying to debate anyone this morning either. So we can agree to disagree on that one.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

You could, but you'd be wrong. 🙂The defensive difference is too great. But I'm not trying to debate anyone this morning either. So we can agree to disagree on that one.

Thanks 🤣🤣

Just now, capstone21 said:

It’s not close because AD plays both sides of the court

No no no you will not bait me in this morning

• Premium Member
On 12/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

The Lakers had young assets and the #4 pick. And they missed the playoffs last year.

KAT is signed for 4 more years after this 

Mark Stein reporting TWolves not trading Towns.  

Since, many say, KAT is a super star, it stands to reason that he will lead his team to the playoffs and into the NBA finals.  Tell me, why do the Timberwolves want to lose their ticket to the possibly championship?  There has to be a flaw in someone's thinking.

:smug:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Since, many say, KAT is a super star, it stands to reason that he will lead his team to the playoffs and into the NBA finals.  Tell me, why do the Timberwolves want to lose their ticket to the possibly championship?  There has to be a flaw in someone's thinking.

:smug:

I missed where LBJ single handedly led the Cavs to a title. Or KD single handedly led OKC to a title. Or any number of superstars that did it by themselves. In today's era of super teams, it is not enough to have a single superstar. You have to have multiple PLUS solid role players. So I'm not buying your logic that KAT isn't elite because he hasn't won a title and isn't taking his crap team to the playoffs this year. 

BTW.....is Trae elite? Cuz he sure as hell ain't taking this crap roster to the playoffs or a title this year. The logic is faulty gramps.

38 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I missed where LBJ single handedly led the Cavs to a title. Or KD single handedly led OKC to a title. Or any number of superstars that did it by themselves. In today's era of super teams, it is not enough to have a single superstar. You have to have multiple PLUS solid role players. So I'm not buying your logic that KAT isn't elite because he hasn't won a title and isn't taking his crap team to the playoffs this year. 

BTW.....is Trae elite? Cuz he sure as hell ain't taking this crap roster to the playoffs or a title this year. The logic is faulty gramps.

Naw.  My logic is simply, "He's not capable of doing what some want him to do for Atlanta."

Just think, if he's good enough for one team, why not his own team?  See my point?

:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 12/31/2019 at 10:31 AM, kg01 said:

I've never watched First Take but I know enough about it to know my proper response would be stte, "Oh now we sayin' Karl Anthony Towns is as good as Lebron!?"

Anyway, yes I'm messin' with you a little bit.  But I truly don't like Towns as a player.

The quotes from him since Thibs firing (which, I'm not a Thibs fan and I thought they were wrong for not retaining Sam Mitchell so this isn't some weird ax grinding) really really soured Towns on me.

KAT didn't like how Thibs wore down the starters and wouldn't funnel the offense more through him. KAT was correct on both counts. Before he got hurt KAT was tearing it up this season with the offense moving more through him. 

I would be crazy exited if we could get KAT on this team and not give up Ice Trae to do it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, High5 said:

You could, but you'd be wrong. 🙂The defensive difference is too great. But I'm not trying to debate anyone this morning either. So we can agree to disagree on that one.

The difference offensively is big too which balances it out. 

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I have a question Supes. So I post a thread in “TRADES” about KAT after Xmas and you comment saying he’s not available, then two days later you start a thread about a KAT in the HOME FORUM about the  rumor having legs because you talked to your guy.

🤔 

Where I come from they call that...

Shady as $hit.

F it 2020.

Happy 2020, keep ya head up!

Because the Minny fans said otherwise and I messaged several others I trusted in media and they said nope!

What changed was my guy told me what was being said during the G league events and that also becoming public info. So my guess is the NYpost writer got a lead on a story and was right. Towns does want them to make a move or he is out. 

The issue is, no one wants to sell players at a major discount. 

Makes trades for guys like D. Russell really hard. Minny still doesn't want to not have to sell. He has four years left on his deal. But if they want a king's ransom, the timing ain't right yet. 

From my personal belief, they could get a lot more in 2021 when Giannis is available in FA but if they want the most draft picks, 2020 might be the year to strike for them.

Rosas will have options.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1