[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

23 minutes ago, JTB said:

Call me crazy but I don’t ever recall a star player and gm attending a college game where a number 1 prospect just so happen to be playing in.

i bet Schlenk is trying to convince trae to not worry about wins right now and focus on potentially getting the number one pick to pair him with Edwards.

Them both being there is not by mistake or coincidence .

14% at best

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, JTB said:

Call me crazy but I don’t ever recall a star player and gm attending a college game where a number 1 prospect just so happen to be playing in.

i bet Schlenk is trying to convince trae to not worry about wins right now and focus on potentially getting the number one pick to pair him with Edwards.

Them both being there is not by mistake or coincidence .

Wow, I hope not. One, we might not get him. Two, he might not even be that good. Three, general managers need to think about draft picks, not players. I completely disagree with you here. This is not how good organizations function.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Wow, I hope not. One, we might not get him. Two, he might not even be that good. Three, general managers need to think about draft picks, not players. I completely disagree with you here. This is not how good organizations function.

Same was said about Trae and Luka.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edwards once again shows his offensive potential. He reminds me of John Wall as a prospect to a large degree. Not the same tools or player prototypes but both 

Aren't clean shooters although Edwards form is better than Wall's out of college. He is very strong for his frame. Gets downhill in a worry. John used to settle in college too much for jumpers and Anthony does for threes. 

Both have all of the tools on defense but they play matador defense. 

Both have potential to be elite but they have A LOT of work to do. 

Hard not seeing him be effective to a degree in year one. He will score, that's what he does and really no one can stop him like Wall. 

As for us, it will be tough to break the rotation next year. But he will be likely locked into the James Harden 6th man role for the foreseeable future with us. For him, it's best to go to a team like Cleveland where they badly need a #1 option regardless if he's ready or not. 

Not polished at all but his talent level is obvious. To me, he can't help you win games immediately but he is extremely talented and that's valuable for a future blockbuster trade. 

My top 10 is the draft is:

Draft grade/potential 

1. Obi Toppin- 8/8.5 

2. LaMelo Ball - 6.5/9.5

3. Anthony Edwards- 6.5/9.5

4. Onyeka Okongwu- 7/8.5

5. James Wiseman - 6.5/9

6. Cole Anthony- 7.5/8

7. Tyrese Haliburton - 7/8

8. Killian Hayes - 7/7.5

9. Tre Jones - 7/7.5

10. RJ Hampton - 7/7.5

Note: it's very early in the process. A lot of these guys will show more potential as the season goes along. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't understand why Drummond supporters are so dense about it. It's not that we don't think he is an upgrade or think he is even good, we don't like what DET asking price is nor do we like his potential contract figures and we aren't of belief that he can turn us into a winner either. When you add how much cap space he takes, I am just not enamored with the idea of the move and even moved by it. 

Folks are drunk on the idea of something, anything happening.

Drummond would clearly help us.  But at possibly $30+mil per year, he's instantly become one of the worst contracts in the league.  It'd be close to Biyombo-esque

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Edwards once again shows his offensive potential. He reminds me of John Wall as a prospect to a large degree. Not the same tools or player prototypes but both 

Aren't clean shooters although Edwards form is better than Wall's out of college. He is very strong for his frame. Gets downhill in a worry. John used to settle in college too much for jumpers and Anthony does for threes. 

Hard not seeing him be effective to a degree in year one. He will score, that's what he does and really no one can stop him like Wall. 

As for us, it will be tough to break the rotation next year. But he will be likely locked into the James Harden 6th man role for the foreseeable future with us. For him, it's best to go to a team like Cleveland where they badly need a #1 option regardless if he's ready or not. 

Not polished at all but his talent level is obvious. To me, he can't help you win games immediately but he is extremely talented and that's valuable for a future blockbuster trade. 

Draft grade/potential 

1. Obi Toppin- 8/8.5 

2. LaMelo Ball - 6.5/9.5

4. Onyeka Okongwu- 7/8.5

5. James Wiseman - 6.5/9

6. Cole Anthony- 7.5/8

8. Killian Hayes - 7/7.5

9. Tre Jones - 7/7.5

10. RJ Hampton - 7/7.5

Note: it's very early in the process. A lot of these guys will show more potential as the season goes along. 

I agree with this BUT if the hawks drafted Edwards i believe “the future  plan” would change to Edwards or Cam being Traes backcourt mate once both are fully developed  and huerter would be the odd man out.

just my opinion.

Huerter is a better fit right now but once all SGs are developed IF we have a SG group of Edwards, Cam, Huerter.....Edwards and Cam would be the ones fighting for the starting SG spot! And that would be a tough tough choice shall both reach full potential!

while I love cams length....Edwards has a better chance at being a more elite scorer than cam however I believe cam has a bigger ceiling at defense then Edwards (not to say Edwards will be a bum on that end)

In a perfect scenario if we drafted Edwards and ALL our young talent got to their full potential....and I’m Schlenk I’d roll with a small ball lineup of Trae, Edwards, Cam, Hunter, Collins and sixth man Huerter....this would of course mean Collins at least get to avg on defense . But yeah in a perfect scenario for us if all penned out and we had a chance to put this lineup on the floor with them reaching full potential....that’s definite contenders.

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Draft grade/potential 

1. Obi Toppin- 8/8.5 

2. LaMelo Ball - 6.5/9.5

4. Onyeka Okongwu- 7/8.5

5. James Wiseman - 6.5/9

6. Cole Anthony- 7.5/8

8. Killian Hayes - 7/7.5

9. Tre Jones - 7/7.5

10. RJ Hampton - 7/7.5

From the Highlights I have seen of Obi Toppin he is a good player but he doesn't necessarily wow me.  He looks like a combination of Jabari Parker's post game with AL Horford's jumpshot and defense.

Just now, JTB said:

I agree with this BUT if the hawks drafted Edwards i believe “the future  plan” would change to Edwards or Cam being Traes backcourt mate once both are fully developed  and huerter would be the odd man out.

just my opinion.

Huerter is a better fit right now but once all SGs are developed IF we have a SG group of Edwards, Cam, Huerter.....Edwards and Cam would be the ones fighting for the starting SG spot! And that would be a tough tough choice shall both reach full potential!

while I love cams length....Edwards has a better chance at being a more elite scorer than cam however I believe cam has a bigger ceiling at defense then Edwards (not to say Edwards will be a bum on that end)

In a perfect scenario if we drafted Edwards and ALL our young talent got to their full potential....and I’m Schlenk I’d roll with a small ball lineup of Trae, Edwards, Cam, Hunter, Collins and sixth man Huerter....this would of course mean Collins at least get to avg on defense . But yeah in a perfect scenario for us if all penned out and we had a chance to put this lineup on the floor with them reaching full potential....that’s definite contenders.

Edwards and Trae on defense would be much worse at this stage than Trae and Kevin. Edwards defensive awareness and BBIQ is lacking majorly at this stage. Honestly, best case for Edwards is to land on a team like the Hawks and come off the bench as a 6th or 7th man. 

Once all are developed, Cam would be the best option by a mile but Edwards could be right there with Trae offensively. He's that talented on that end. Chances are, someone would be traded. Kevin is just a great fit. He can play with the starters, off the bench, etc. His PDS profile is great for any spot or role. 

At this time, Kevin is the best starter next to Trae. They have a nice feng shui with each other on offense. Especially in our heavily centered PnR based system. 

It don't take a rocket scientist to see Edwards having more offensive potential while Cam having more defensive potential. Edwards is a bad defender during a time Cam was a good college defender. Cam was a bad college offensive player while Edwards is a good one. Edwards talent on offense is elite. Cam's is mainly flashes. For Edwards it's mental, experience and a lack of polish. With Cam, he has to get a lot better and all of that I mentioned for Edwards. Both Cam and Edwards have the potential to be two way. It will take time. Not sure Edwards will get there but if he does, he could be one of the best players in the NBA one day. Same for Cam. Both are extremely talented. 

It's too hard to say. You got a talent like Edwards, you gotta be happy as hell. He has superstar potential and it's highly visible but like Trae, he is raw but unlikely Trae, Anthony has to work on the mental aspect A LOT. Trae's mental was as good as any college to pro we've seen in ages. 

Guys like LaMelo and Edwards don't fall from trees. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Oh yea he's trash, we should never give a first rounder for him.  

That's not the issue. 

1. Are you Ok with surrending the BKN 1st for the next 4 months? Yes, I understand about the trade being contingent with him agreeing to resign but that unfortunately doesn't hold water for me. We've seen players agree to deals in principle only to back out and sign elsewhere - DeAndre Jordan, Al Horford, Markieff Morris.

2. Early reports indicated that he's seeking a max contract. Are you Ok with giving him a 5 year deal starting at $34.8 million in the 1st year?

• Like 4