• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The said player is not a defender. He's a smart, hardworking, playmaking PG who's had the interest of the Hawks and Travis for years. 

Edited by NBASupes

This is the PG description.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't get that feeling at all, unless I missed something in Supes post.. Oladipo and Dedmon, were players he mentioned. The 3rd team is providing the 'stud' value to Indy for Dipo. #6 or the OKC 1st aren't included. Trading Collins for a backup PG doesn't make sense to me.

I thought he said that Dedmon was just filler and that there were "major players from all sides" as a part of the trade. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

How can Boston get a TPE considering their currently over the LT?

I don't fault anyone in this thread for not knowing every nuance of the CBA...I most certainly make mistakes all the time. Non-simultaneous trades are explained below and taken from the below site.  For those interested in this kind of a thing, I highly recommend you bookmark a site like this. It will really help you separating crazy trade scenarios and help in understanding why some of us throw shade when you propose a trade of Jimmy Butler for Damian Jones + a 2nd.

https://cbabreakdown.com/

Non-simultaneous trades — For trades of players that occur at different times, the Traded Player Exception permits a team to take back 100% of the outgoing player’s salary, plus $100,000. Using the non-simultaneous trade rule permits a trade to initially “start” by sending out a player and then be completed down the road in a separate trade (i.e., in October, Team A sends out a player but only receives a draft pick from Team B; then Team A completes the trade in January by taking a player back into this “trade credit” from Team C).

• Rule — A traded player may be replaced in a non-simultaneous transaction by one or more players acquired in a different trade whose salaries together do not exceed 100% of the traded player’s salary plus $100,000.

• Example — Make the same assumptions as the non-taxpaying scenario above. A team previously traded a $10 million player for a draft pick. As a result, the team now has a $10 million trade credit that it has up to one year to use. That team could trade a draft pick for a player or players making $10.1 million. ($10 million plus $100,000.))

• Example — A number of trade credits were created, and later used, as a part of the New York Knicks trading Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks in February of 2019.

• Dallas, treating Wesley Matthews as a non-simultaneous trade for CBA purposes in the large Porzingis deal, sent Matthews ($18.6 million) to the Knicks. From Dallas’ perspective, they basically sent Matthews over for “nothing”. Dallas now held an $18.6 million trade credit that it could use for up to 1 year.

• A week later, in a separate trade, Dallas sent Harrison Barnes ($21.3 million) to the Sacramento Kings for Zach Randolph ($11.7 million) and Justin Jackson ($2.8 million). Randolph’s contract was absorbed into the existing Wesley Matthews trade credit. Jackson was dealt with separately. Like the initial trade of Wesley Matthews, Dallas also treated the Harrison Barnes trade as a new, non-simultaneous trade and created a $21.3 million trade credit for him as well.

• Finally, in July of 2019, Dallas absorbed Delon Wright ($9.2 million) into that $21.3 million trade credit in a separate trade with the Memphis Grizzlies.

The is what is commonly referred to as "the Traded Player Exception" or TPE.

Edited by thecampster

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Indy

Indy has been in talks with Atlanta and a 3rd team. This is a massive deal that has been in talks now for months, I even think I mentioned it on here before. Basically, the Atlanta part of the deal is done but the 3rd team is still far away from where they need to be for Indy. The only players I can say are in this deal is Oladipo to the 3rd team and Dedmon to one of the teams. This would be a major deal for all team involved.

This to me reads as if there are more players on the move in the deal and that we would have to give to get.

It wont be just losing Dedmon and thats it. Thats just the only player from us he can mention right now, because he is filler to make the deal work.

My outsider opinion is we are giving up another asset to obtain a significant piece in return. And Collins was not placed on the safe players list this time around, so to me, he may be on the way out. 

Edited by RedDawg#8

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

What is clear is Capela, Trae, De’Andre, and Cam are not going to be traded at all this year. What is also clear is it will take a lot to get them to move Kevin or JC. Because of Atlanta’s cap situation, they are very flexible.

So if Kevin is a part of the Draft pick trade, then that leaves JC as a part of the 3 team deal involving major parts on all sides.

Am I too far off here?

This is how I read everything 

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Premium Member
On 11/3/2020 at 10:56 AM, NBASupes said:

Atlanta is highly involved in a number of deals (trades, & potential signings) including a blockbuster where the terms have been met from Atlanta but has not from the 3rd team which could kill the deal. Atlanta is being very aggressive. Very very aggressive. This team is not playing any games. What's holding things up is the CBA negotiations. 

Some teams are not playing games.  

This was Supes previous post...is this the same 3 team deal @NBASupes

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

and just for poops and chuckles....I hate the TPE as a mechanism.

To Supes point, how would a TPE affect a team that is over the cap in a SnT.  Typically, a team becomes hard capped doing SnTs if they are over the cap or something like that.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes possibility of Hayward's agent just using Atlanta as a springboard to swing another deal with another team.  Using us to up his new contract price since we have capspace?

There is no other team in the picture other than Boston. The price point is too high for everyone it seems outside of us which makes sense if you are going to overpay someone in FA. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is no other team in the picture other than Boston. The price point is too high for everyone it seems outside of us which makes sense if you are going to overpay someone in FA. 

What is your estimate of the deal happening  based  on your information?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What is your estimate of the deal happening  based  on your information?

Very highly. This sounds like Tim Hardaway Jr and Al Horford last year. When you knew the team was going to lose the said player for nothing but the cost of the player was simply far too great for team building. Teams have to justify overpaying players and playing the LT. Does this get us closer to NBA titles. If the answer is unclear and the player value is even more cloudy, teams are less likely to take that risk.

This also explains Boston extreme interest to move up for Okongwu in the draft. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Gosh I really hate helping the Pitts by taking Hayward's salary off their hands.... whatever...

The MAIN reason I am ok with losing Huerter and 6 for AntMan:

By the time Kevin's rookie contract is up, we will NOT HAVE A MEANS TO RETAIN HIM. By then we will have Capella, JC will be maxed, and Trae will be up for his max. That already doesn't leave room. Plus, sounds like we are getting another high paid player, which would make it even more difficult. I think it's the right time to trade Kevin, although like you, will be sad to see Red Velvet go. But it's better than losing him for nothing in 2 years. 

I think Ressler is behind the push for AntMan. I can see the marketing schemes now:

FIRE (Ant) and ICE (Trae)!