• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, warcore said:

I think it's the right time to trade Kevin, although like you, will be sad to see Red Velvet go. But it's better than losing him for nothing in 2 years.

Kevin will be a restricted free agent as you well know in 2 year so the Hawks could match any offer he gets.  So he would hardly be able to walk away for nothing.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

Gosh I really hate helping the Pitts by taking Hayward's salary off their hands.... whatever...

The MAIN reason I am ok with losing Huerter and 6 for AntMan:

By the time Kevin's rookie contract is up, we will NOT HAVE A MEANS TO RETAIN HIM. By then we will have Capella, JC will be maxed, and Trae will be up for his max. That already doesn't leave room. Plus, sounds like we are getting another high paid player, which would make it even more difficult. I think it's the right time to trade Kevin, although like you, will be sad to see Red Velvet go. But it's better than losing him for nothing in 2 years. 

I think Ressler is behind the push for AntMan. I can see the marketing schemes now:

FIRE (Ant) and ICE (Trae)!

I agree with the Kev logic. He will be a good player but his timeline is longer and peak is lower than the others in the core. Now is the time to sell high on him while there is interest. GS will be LETHAL with his shooting along side the splash bros. Its a win for the player and the orgs if you ask me.

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree with the Kev logic. He will be a good player but his timeline is longer and peak is lower than the others in the core. Now is the time to sell high on him while there is interest. GS will be LETHAL with his shooting along side the splash bros. Its a win for the player and the orgs if you ask me.

Yeah and some may not like this, but I kinda like the idea of helping the Warriors get back the chip. I'm tired of seeing LeBron's diva ass. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Kevin will be a restricted free agent as you well know in 2 year so the Hawks could match any offer he gets.  So he would hardly be able to walk away for nothing.

The reason I mentioned the other large contracts is the luxury tax hit from matching whatever offer he gets will make matching it not worth it. We would be stuck the way Philly is. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, warcore said:

The reason I mentioned the other large contracts is the luxury tax hit from matching whatever offer he gets will make matching it not worth it. We would be stuck the way Philly is. 

Luxury tax?  I think your math is a little off.  Plus the team will have moving parts going forward.

22 minutes ago, warcore said:

Gosh I really hate helping the Pitts by taking Hayward's salary off their hands.... whatever...

By the time Kevin's rookie contract is up, we will NOT HAVE A MEANS TO RETAIN HIM. By then we will have Capella, JC will be maxed, and Trae will be up for his max. That already doesn't leave room. Plus, sounds like we are getting another high paid player, which would make it even more difficult. I think it's the right time to trade Kevin, although like you, will be sad to see Red Velvet go. But it's better than losing him for nothing in 2 years. 

I think Ressler is behind the push for AntMan. I can see the marketing schemes now:

God help us is if Ressler is behind the any moves, especially in the name of marketability. Even talking about that makes me sick. We need an owner that will let the front office do it's job, and not interfere. Supposedly Ressler wanted Luka though, so maybe his basketball instincts are good. But still, you don't want a Jerry Jones. It undermines the whole organization.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, warcore said:

"John Collins will be maxed"..

You sure about that?

41 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sell HIGH?  He is coming off a mediocre season.  What if he become a borderline all star in 2 years?  Wouldn't his value be higher then?

Hypothetically yes. But Im willing to wager you or anyone else that wont be the case in 2 years, even in a situation like GS where he would  flourish.

We are selling high on the fact that he is young and still has that ever elusive "potential". So in theory the unknown is his greatest value right now. The same way you can "what if he is an all star" is what we can sell, versus a year from now when it becomes even more apparent that that wont be the case.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

God help us is if Ressler is behind the any moves, especially in the name of marketability. Even talking about that makes me sick. We need an owner that will let the front office do it's job, and not interfere. Supposedly Ressler wanted Luka though, so maybe his basketball instincts are good. But still, you don't want a Jerry Jones. It undermines the whole organization.

IDK about that. You see the way he smiled when Trae walked by him before the draft? lol

4 minutes ago, warcore said:

If not maxed, close to it. He's going to get paid. 

Are you sure he'll  be a Hawk I mean?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, terrell said:

IDK about that. You see the way he smiled when Trae walked by him before the draft? lol

Are you sure he'll  be a Hawk I mean?

No way to be certain since I'm not Mr. 2021, but speaking hypothetical assuming we match whatever John gets. Thought that was implied. And that seems obvious as being the right thing to do. You don't let 22 yo 20/10 machines walk.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Gosh I hope it's not TJ McConnel... it probably is. LP has history with him so maybe he's been asking Trav for him, as supes eluded it's someone we've been after for a while. 

Bummer. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, warcore said:

1. It's not like we can't trade him at the trade deadline next season, or at the draft next season, or in the offseason or at the following years trade dealine

2. Fire and Ice was already used for Huerter(red hair and hot from 3) and Trae last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. It's not like we can't trade him at the trade deadline next season, or at the draft next season, or in the offseason or at the following years trade dealine

2. Fire and Ice was already used for Huerter(red hair and hot from 3) and Trae last year.

Oh... that's crazy I never caught that and I watch every game. Maybe with FIRE (Ant), they'll make it more noticeable.