2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

So our potential depth chart next season based on these rumors could be:

Trae / Mystery PG / Goodwin
Cam / Ant / FA
Hayward / Hunter / FA
Collins / Jones Jr. / FA
Capela / Bruno / Skal

Am I missing anyone??

If we are making the blockbuster I would assume that there is no trade up.  I assume the #6 pick, Collins, Huerter would go to Philly for Ben Simmons or something like that,

Just now, bleachkit said:

You're missing the blockbuster trade.

Where are y'all seeing this blockbuster trade and Collins being moved as part of it? Supes said -

"Indy

Indy has been in talks with Atlanta and a 3rd team. This is a massive deal that has been in talks now for months, I even think I mentioned it on here before. Basically, the Atlanta part of the deal is done but the 3rd team is still far away from where they need to be for Indy. The only players I can say are in this deal is Oladipo to the 3rd team and Dedmon to one of the teams. This would be a major deal for all team involved. Indy is NOT rebuilding; they are simply retooling. They want to be a contender in the east like we want to be. They will be tight on offseason spending. Justin Holiday might be on the way out due to salary. Justin is getting a lot of interest from contenders for a mid MLE level player."

• Premium Member
Just now, ShooterSays said:

Where are y'all seeing this blockbuster trade and Collins being moved as part of it? Supes said -

"Indy

Indy has been in talks with Atlanta and a 3rd team. This is a massive deal that has been in talks now for months, I even think I mentioned it on here before. Basically, the Atlanta part of the deal is done but the 3rd team is still far away from where they need to be for Indy. The only players I can say are in this deal is Oladipo to the 3rd team and Dedmon to one of the teams. This would be a major deal for all team involved. Indy is NOT rebuilding; they are simply retooling. They want to be a contender in the east like we want to be. They will be tight on offseason spending. Justin Holiday might be on the way out due to salary. Justin is getting a lot of interest from contenders for a mid MLE level player."

This portion, then he made additional references to it after that comment and also made reference to discussing ' a 3 teamer' previously many pages back.  We are just guessing though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it would be Indy with Oladipo going to Sixers in lieu of the original CP3 trade.

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Don't forget Dedmon, Dipo, Indy, etc..

possibly more with Turner and a point guard too

Hot damn! It’s starting to make sense. The Point Guard supes was referring to this whole time is Simmons !! ...Right? 

I don’t know I’m guessing. I will say this though. If it is Simmons I don’t see how he’s work with capela.

it may not be Simmons as supes did say capela is not being discussed in trades and capela is damn near a worse fit next to Simmons than embiid since he can’t shoot at all either.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Cant shoot at all. That's probably why Morey is looking to unload him.

Yup! I agree 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How would you feel about that? 

Clogged lanes for Trae drives, not enough shooting with the Capela/Simmons pairing, Ben is most effective with the ball. If Ben was a PnR stud like JC but with his exceptional playmaking from that position it would be beautiful.  Capela may also be the odd man out for a floor spacing big.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

Okay I am so confused, 

So we are giving up 20/10 guy in Collins, #6, Huerter, and Dedmon for Back-up PG, Hayward (that we can signed outright) and Ant.  I just dont see it at all.  Would those moves make the Hawks worst than they are now?

If Collins is going out, a superstar is coming in, rest assured. Anything less is malpractice. 

• Like 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Clogged lanes for Trae drives, not enough shooting with the Capela/Simmons pairing, Ben is most effective with the ball. If Ben was a PnR stud like JC but with his exceptional playmaking from that position it would be beautiful.

Exactly...it must not be Simmons then. I understand Schlenk isn’t fully worried about fit possibly but that group of talent does not fit at all unless capela is traded for someone like Aaron Baynes.

also supes said he likes the trade . I can’t see him liking Simmons and capela on the floor at the same time but I could be wrong

• Like 1

From a basketball standpoint, it makes 0 sense to me for us to turn John Collins into Ben Simmons. Like none. Trae is ball dominant. Simmons spent 93% of his time at Point Guard last season. Where are you putting Ben when Trae is iso-ing top of the key? You bringing him up to pick and roll? JC already does that better and can actually step back and hit a 3 point shot. We're going to roll with Cap and Ben late in a game when neither can shoot a FT? 

I'm not buying this at all. But maybe I just don't watch enough 76ers basketball and am missing something. Flame away if I am lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Okay I am so confused, 

So we are giving up 20/10 guy in Collins, #6, Huerter, and Dedmon for Back-up PG, Hayward (that we can signed outright) and Ant.  I just dont see it at all.  Would those moves make the Hawks worst than they are now?

lol, don't feel bad.  I am too.  Lots of information and everybody throwing out guesses.

There are 3 separate and distinct trades/proposals/signings on the board:

1. A mega trade involving possibly Collins

2 and 3. #2 for #6 and Huerter, if this happens then the Hayward FAcy signing will follow.  If #1 happens, #2 goes away.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Clogged lanes for Trae drives, not enough shooting with the Capela/Simmons pairing, Ben is most effective with the ball. If Ben was a PnR stud like JC but with his exceptional playmaking from that position it would be beautiful.  Capela may also be the odd man out for a floor spacing big.

I dont think this is happening. Trae and JC are such a good pair, breaking them up is a huge risk. And It cant be about money because Simmons has a max deal.