• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Exactly, completely agree. At some point in these rumors, you have to ask yourself, Does this trade make sense from a basketball perspective? And I can't think of a single realistic trade for JC either that makes basketball sense for the Hawks. 

20 and 10, (20 and 10 is basically his floor by the way), can shoot very well for a big, has tremendous chemistry with Trae, improving defense, can certainly be a good weak side shot blocker, charismatic and personable. And only 23. Show me a player better than that (realistically available).

• Like 4

hace 14 horas, NBASupes dijo:

Part 3

NBA Draft 2020

MIN has been aggressively trying to move down while over aggressively wanting to get the most for their buck. They have made it clear they want a future 2021 1st from a team they think will be a lottery team next year and yes, Atlanta is one of them. No one has bit. That may change. They really want in for 2021 but they want a high-quality pick. They are not willing to move back for GS own 2021 1st. The value of the 2021 1st round pick is seen as extremely high.

They are targeting teams they believe will be lottery teams. Ball seems to be the player they are targeting the most mainly due to trade value. There is a chance Ball could be the pick and he would not play a min in MIN.

NEW: This is probably the biggest deal on this list. This is hot off the presser. Jrue Holiday has become the target and there is a lot of interest from New Orleans and MIN. The only thing is Jrue must be willing to sign an extension as soon as he’s eligible which they (the NBA) are working on the date atm.

His extension could be nearing max range which will mean MIN has three max players under contract. The question is, does it make sense for MIN to have three max guys and still you have questions if this is a playoff team. There is a lot more to this potential deal than what I currently have so keep a look out for this deal.

This also highlights what I been hearing from NO of them looking for PG’s and seeing Lonzo Ball as a quick passing guard like Haliburton is getting seen as. Lonzo is Melo ying to Melo’s yang. This is big news.

GS has been doing the same as MIN but a lot more open to pick swap and higher end young player than MIN. GS is really pushing for a deal with CHI, CLE, DET, and ATL. CHI just lacks all interest as does CLE. As I’ve mention, the name that has been mention has been Kevin Huerter. For CLE, Collin Sexton and from CHI, Lauri M and L. Kennard from DET. If they stay, they could go in so many directions. Wiseman is NOT a lock is what I just recently got.

NEW:

GS knows three things right now is what he directly got for GS.

1.      The talent in this draft is very good even if the players are not there yet or even close.

2.      No one in this draft will start next year for them.

3.      The biggest need is depth, and their biggest issue is salary.

As mentioned already, they are targeted trading back to add depth, but they do like the talent @2 if they cannot get the players they covet. Golden State likes Ball, Wiseman, Deni, and Edwards the most. They also like Haliburton, Hayes, Bey, Toppin, and Okongwu. He told me today to not be surprised if GS moved back twice as he feels GS been extremely aggressive even more of late for the draft. GS only position where they like their depth in at PF. There is a lot of interest in a trade down with both ATL and DET. Especially ATL due to Kevin Huerter contract (2 years – rookie deal).

CHA has been the most likely of the top 5 teams to keep their pick but even they are looking at all options. If Wiseman is here, expect him to be the pick but Okongwu and Toppin also have a case.

NEW: The presumption is Wiseman will be the pick. There has been talk of Okongwu being the pick over Ball, but he thinks that’s smoke. Okongwu has been making major inroads to the point he is the top guy on DET board now.  

CHI is the team that MOST wants to move down between the 6-9 range and have been in talks with NY, WAS, ATL, and DET to move down on salary relief. It is clear they want a PG more than anything but would consider more than anything.

NEW: He basically said he is hearing that Hayes or Haliburton is the choice here. Especially Hali if they want to start either with LaVine or White. He also said this could be Okongwu trade lane if you are willing to pay a major premium (14th overall pick swap, #26, with a lottery protected Boston 2021 1st).  Atlanta has not been open to moving up to #4 for the price CHI wants.

CLE is fine with staying at 5 as they are down to three players: Deni, Okoro, Vassell are all players they are targeting. The lean here is Deni from what is being said but there is serious interest in Okoro as well. That opens the door for trades if they can get one that sensible. Cleveland wants to be aggressive this year in FA which is unusual for a rebuilding team. They are target resigning and they want extend Drummond.

ATL is the main chess piece on the board due to them not having any major needs while having a win now mindset but wanting to get the best player long term. Within the org, you got some that want Atlanta to move up to get Ball, Edwards, and even some for Wiseman.

You also have those who want Atlanta to trade back and add a quality rotational vet and a pick swap. No key player is available for #6 that is not a rental and Atlanta does not want a rental for this pick, which is different than a month ago, but Gordon Hayward was not in the picture back then. Because of Hayward, Atlanta could go any direction in this draft. Up, Down, or Stay. If they stay: Hayes, Deni, Obi, Okongwu, and Okoro are the targets. Due to Hayward, I personally think moving up might be their move.

NEW: Okongwu seems to be slipping but the others seem to be the targets at #6. If anyone is starting to get more of a late push, it is Killian Hayes. When there is such a wide net that is cast so close to the draft, that usually means this team is prime to move down. In this case, Atlanta could go any direction. This is another Okongwu trade zone with a cheaper cost than #4. There is a good chance we do not know who the final team at this spot is like #4 last year.

DET is targeting PGs but Ball is their top guy. They really are not interested in the cost to move up for him from MIN and would rather move a key young player and pick swap for Ball aka GS. They also love Wiseman as well. Okongwu is also on their board. They are looking at a lot of things for trades but moving down is not that high unless all their guys are gone. If there is a team that is willing to move up to 1st overall, it is Detroit, but the price might be too steep.

NEW: Okongwu is their top guy right now. After that, PGs like Lewis Jr, Hayes, and Haliburton are in the convo. DET is a team that could be on the move up. Especially considering #6 could be Okongwu land after trades.

NY really does not mind moving up to eat salary, but they are not interested in trading picks. They want to keep #27 and they want to keep all their future 1st rounders.

NEW: NY is a difficult read. So many guys appear on their radar like Williams, Maxey, and others while the typical guys who are already in this range are also here. Remember what I said about a wide casted net. He said to me, he does not know what NY is going to do at all. This could be a trade up spot for a PG of your choice depending on the actions of others. Many have locked them into Obi Toppin, but I would not be too sure to do that either. Thibs is going to take the best Thibs player. Personally speaking, I think Vassell will be the pick. He is the most Thibs player in this draft aside from Okoro.

WAS is all in on Okongwu. They have even made a solid offer to Atlanta where we would get Troy Brown Jr. and a 2nd rounder. This has been considered very appealing to Atlanta depending how the board falls. If they do not land Okongwu, expect this to be a trade back hot spot. There are still players on the board teams are targeting where moving up will be extremely intriguing.

PHX is hoping Killian Hayes drops to them but if he does not, Kira Lewis Jr. could be the pick at this spot. PHX is clearly looking at PGs. It was assumed they were all in for FVV, but it seems like the interest has dampened as well as their interest in moving Oubre.

My top 10 mock without trades:

1.      MIN – Ball

2.      GS – Wiseman

3.      CHA – Edwards

4.      CHI – Haliburton

5.      CLE – Deni

6.      ATL – Toppin

7.      DET – Okongwu

8.      NYK – Vassell

9.      WAS – Achiuwa

10.   PHX – Hayes

My top 10 mock with trades:

1.      MIN (NO) – Ball – Holiday for Ball and salary filler.

2.      GS (ATL) – Edwards – Huerter and 6 for #2.

3.      CHA – Wiseman

4.      CHI – Haliburton

5.      CLE – Deni

6.      ATL (WAS) – Okongwu – Troy Brown Jr., #9, #37 for 6

7.      DET – Hayes

8.      NYK – Okoro

9.      WAS (GS) – Toppin

10.   PHX – Kira Lewis Jr.

So let me understand something Supes, do you think there is a possibility Hawks trade 9 and Huerter for 2 and take Edwards while receiving 9,37 and Troy Brown Jr for 6??

So we walk from draft with Edwards, 37 and Troy Brown Jr for Huerter and 6 because that is for me a great scenario.

9 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

So let me understand something Supes, do you think there is a possibility Hawks trade 9 and Huerter for 2 and take Edwards while receiving 9,37 and Troy Brown Jr for 6??

So we walk from draft with Edwards, 37 and Troy Brown Jr for Huerter and 6 because that is for me a great scenario.

Trade down from 6 to 9, then trade from 9 to 2? Has that ever happened? Seems kinda unlikely.

Edited by bleachkit

13 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Huh?

Washington offer to Atlanta is assuming Big O is at 6. It's not a guarantee Atlanta will do it. Same for Golden State if they trade down to 6. I was posting an as if scenario in my perspective. 

As far as Kevin+6 for 2, that's what GS wants for the pick. 

There is nothing else in terms of math to do. Let's not play trade scrabble. That will only confuse us all.

Think of it as two separate offers. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

hace 15 horas, NBASupes dijo:

My top 10 mock with trades:

1.      MIN (NO) – Ball – Holiday for Ball and salary filler.

2.      GS (ATL) – Edwards – Huerter and 6 for #2.

3.      CHA – Wiseman

4.      CHI – Haliburton

5.      CLE – Deni

6.      ATL (WAS) – Okongwu – Troy Brown Jr., #9, #37 for 6

7.      DET – Hayes

8.      NYK – Okoro

9.      WAS (GS) – Toppin

10.   PHX – Kira Lewis Jr.

My interpretation of the list you posted is that 9 was goingo to GS, 2 to Atl and 6 to Was so I was assuming it was 9 and Huerter for 2.

Latest post from the anonymous “insider” on the Hawks reddit outlined the strong possibility of the following trade

Hawks get #2 and Ty Jerome

Warriors get - #10, Oubre, Huerter

Suns get - #6, Jordan Poole 

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, terrell said:

Latest post from the anonymous “insider” on the Hawks reddit outlined the strong possibility of the following trade

Hawks get #2 and Ty Jerome

Warriors get - #10, Oubre, Huerter

Suns get - #6, Jordan Poole 

Wth would we want with Ty Jerome? lol. Is he the throw-in pg Supes? 😀

Great trade for GS.............................

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Wth would we want with Ty Jerome? lol. Is he the throw-in pg Supes? 😀

Great trade for GS.............................

Comparing their college stats, Jerome is a better passer than Huerter but Kev is way better at making threes.